Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

360 Panoramic Photos

Reaction score
My First 360 Panoramic

Here is how I made it!

Using the Typhoon's Panoramic Mode in Double Layer (18 Picture) mode. I fixed the white balance to 'Sunset' as you can see the sun is pretty low in the sky. I also lowered the exposure to -1, just to try and get a little more detail when it was staring at the sun.

I stitched it together using Microsoft ICE (Image Composite Editor), a free tool that you can download.

There are a few stages you have to go through. Select all your images, ensure you are in 'Spherical' mode. You can align the image in 'Stitch'.

On the 'Crop' section, Click 'Auto Complete' to complete the sky. Export it to PNG at this point.

The tutorial I was following uses Adobe Photoshop, but I had Paint.NET installed, a freeware tool that will let you do the resizing.

Open the PNG in Paint.NET and resize the canvas. The canvas needs to be in a 2:1 ratio - the width is 2x the size of the height. Divide your width by 2 and enter the answer into your 'height'. Anchor the resizing to the bottom centre.

This will generate empty space on the top of your image. You can highlight most of your sky and stretch it up to the top. I think this will just leave a black circle above you in the sphere if you don't do this.

This time resize your image (not the canvas) to 10000 x 5000 and save as a JPG.

Close Paint.NET and right click on your image and view the details tab. Enter the Camera Maker as: Ricoh and the Camera Model as: Ricoh Theta S

This is just to make Facebook treat your image as a panoramic.

Here is the tutorial I was following:

He is using Photoshop, but you can do the same in Paint.NET if you want to do it for free :)

Let me know how you get on!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Delta and Sam77
I just uploaded my first 360 pano on Facebook with the help of your video.. a couple things..
on the video, he clearly has way for then 18 photos being stitched together?
When I uploaded mine on Facebook, I noticed the stitching was not aligned to the point where the same building was tripled in the shot! Lol
Just wondering if you have any tips on fine tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original instructions worked perfect for me. Be aware there is a slight typo, should be: "Camera Model as: Ricoh Theta S".. originally 'Richo'. Other than that, spot on instructions. I used paint.net along with the 18 pictures captured from the drone and it worked perfect. So nice in Facebook to be able to rotate around and feel like you are in the air. Thanks much for posting.

Reactions: mitch223
The original instructions worked perfect for me. Be aware there is a slight typo, should be: "Camera Model as: Ricoh Theta S".. originally 'Richo'. Other than that, spot on instructions. I used paint.net along with the 18 pictures captured from the drone and it worked perfect. So nice in Facebook to be able to rotate around and feel like you are in the air. Thanks much for posting.

Thanks for spotting that! I've made the edit! Did it work for you? Any results?

My First 360 Panoramic

Here is how I made it!

Using the Typhoon's Panoramic Mode in Double Layer (18 Picture) mode. I fixed the white balance to 'Sunset' as you can see the sun is pretty low in the sky. I also lowered the exposure to -1, just to try and get a little more detail when it was staring at the sun.

I stitched it together using Microsoft ICE (Image Composite Editor), a free tool that you can download.

There are a few stages you have to go through. Select all your images, ensure you are in 'Spherical' mode. You can align the image in 'Stitch'.

On the 'Crop' section, Click 'Auto Complete' to complete the sky. Export it to PNG at this point.

The tutorial I was following uses Adobe Photoshop, but I had Paint.NET installed, a freeware tool that will let you do the resizing.

Open the PNG in Paint.NET and resize the canvas. The canvas needs to be in a 2:1 ratio - the width is 2x the size of the height. Divide your width by 2 and enter the answer into your 'height'. Anchor the resizing to the bottom centre.

This will generate empty space on the top of your image. You can highlight most of your sky and stretch it up to the top. I think this will just leave a black circle above you in the sphere if you don't do this.

This time resize your image (not the canvas) to 10000 x 5000 and save as a JPG.

Close Paint.NET and right click on your image and view the details tab. Enter the Camera Maker as: Ricoh and the Camera Model as: Ricoh Theta S

This is just to make Facebook treat your image as a panoramic.

Here is the tutorial I was following:

He is using Photoshop, but you can do the same in Paint.NET if you want to do it for free :)

Let me know how you get on!

Thanks for spotting that! I've made the edit! Did it work for you? Any results?
Yes, these instructions worked, in fact I printed them out and keep them handy. I do not know of any sites that allow device viewing like Facebook however (does anyone??). I did find a very easy to use 360 Panorama site that allows viewing from a keyboard.. it is kuula.co (not .com). I uploaded several 360's at kuula.co/mbuten if you want to take a look.. I made these following your instructions.

Anyone tested other stitching-software than Microsoft ICE? I'm thinking of buying PTgui, but like the price of ICE (free...). Is PTgui worth the money? I followed this tutorial, and I like the result of ICE. But is PTgui doing a better stitching?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio