Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

4 Beep switch on

Reaction score
Hi all, been searching the forum for this problem but nothing seems to come up.
Anyway, had my Breeze now for 4 days, all set up fine, been working in all flight modes etc.
Yesterday I could not get it to take off, everything is working fine, I can connect, select my flight mode but when I press take off, nothing happens, all connected fine camera working everything.
I have noticed though that when I now switch it on instead of getting the 3 tone rising beep I now don't, I get a same 4 tone beep, It will allow me to calibrate, but I did try the reset, but the reset isn't even working (meaning the drone reset itself doesn't work not to fix the problem) Oh and I did the firmware update when I first opened the box on set up.
Any help would be much appreciated?

Thanks AH-1G, I'm guessing its some sort of fault code its giving, hopefully **** be along soon with a bit of help.

I was out having lunch with my wife and exploring an area of The Villages we haven’t been in yet with the golf cart. Golf is tomorrow morning! ?

It sounds as if the initialization is failing on startup. You are probably getting a red Power LED and after connecting via WiFi and opening Breeze Cam, go to Tasks and report the condition of the Status Icons and battery power across the top.

Also report the Client, Flying Control, ESC, and Camera versions from the About menu in Settings, as well as phone make and model with OS version.

Thanks for your response.

Yes as it does the 4 beeps the power button flashes red the starts to flash blue for the wifi connection.

The battery is at 83% and all the status's are blue, though the IRS has been yellow a couple of times, but this is mainly fine.

Client version is: 1.1.0.3
flying control: 1.1.2
ESC: 1.0.3
Camera Version: 2.0.15(f)

My phone is iphone 7 on os version 10.1.1 (would this effect its start up?)

I have been flying it only yesterday it decided to do this.

Thank you for your help and hope you enjoy your day at Golf!

So what part of Europe are you from?

Your iPhone and iOS version are fine. Unless you need to upgrade iOS for some other reason leave it on v10.x.x. iOS 11 or 12 breaks some of the functionality of Breeze Cam and Yuneec is not going to update Breeze Cam anymore.

The good news for you is that you are in the UK and Yuneec CS there is tops. You are on the latest official firmware for your area of the world.

I am not sure how you used the reset button so use the procedure inside this post How To: Troubleshoot the Breeze and Request Help in the Forum. If you still get the 4 beep startup and can’t take off after a proper reset, contact Yuneec CS in the UK. They should know what that beep code means and CS in the UK has reportedly been the best.

Anything other than the 3 rising tone start indicates a problem during initialization. Since WiFi is working and your Status Icons are good (IRS is usually yellow when on the ground) I am suspecting a problem with the M7 board that powers the motors and there is no Status Icon for that.

BTW - welcome to YuneecPilots!

Hopefully a proper reset will get you flying again, but if not, I’m sorry I could be of more help. Keep us updated on how things go if you have to contact Yuneec CS.

That's perfectly fine and thanks very much for your help. I will call them directly to see what they say and hopefully get the problem resolved.
Thanks for the welcome too.

Just to keep you up to date with my progress.

I spoke to the UK technical team yesterday and was some communication in the software is missing and will need to be checked and then offered for me to send it to him, he will re-programme it for me and give it a full test for me too. Even though I said I would send it back to where I bought it from he said I would get it back quicker and will know it is right if I send it to them and will have it returned in a few days time. It has now been sent to them so will keep you posted about any update once returned.

As a note though I did say I have tried the reset button on the side, his response was that this is not a reset button how people think It is something that is used during programming, however when people are using it its not doing a full reset but what it is doing is regenerating the wifi like when you reset your router on you home internet. You guys will know more about all this than me but thought I would just let you know.

Reactions: DoomMeister
It sounds like the tech feels the firmware flash went awry, but you were able to fly after the update you did “out of the box”.

I think it was best to send it in as I suspect what I stated before and they can easily address that at Yuneec. As I said before, you are lucky being in the UK where YCS is top shelf by all reports!

Yeah I could fly it right away right away after the update, I only flew it a couple of times though no longer than battery life really.

Well I've just spoken to them on the phone to find out an update as it arrived with them yesterday, I cant complain about the service one bit. They said they wasn't happy with sending it back to me so they are sending me a new one today, whilst on the phone the asked if I would like them to update it and test it, I said perfect if they didn't mind, they are doing that now as typing this and getting it sent before end of day.

Reactions: AH-1G
It is a good thing that they are doing the update and test flight. Unfortunately YCS never really says what they found wrong (especially on the Breeze). I still suspect the M7 board failing, but it could be anything other than the sensors displayed in the Breeze Cam app.

Have fun when you get the replacement.

My first Breeze was replaced under warranty due to thermal problems. The replacement has been fine.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. It should arrive tomorrow so looking forward to it arriving so I can have a play again.

Well it came today and works amazing :) The attached note that came with it says that they found fault with the main board so sent me a new machine :)

It must have been something with the flight control on the A9 board then. Glad your replacement is working well. It is a fun little drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430