Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

a New camera for the TPH in 2017 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I heard a rumour that there could be a new camera in 2017 with a zoom function and a better lens (not the one available now with heatsensing camera)
like the DJI Z3 camera for the inspire.

Someone heard about this also ???

Marnix

You are talking about a completely different one than the V18 that is currently available right? Cuz the V18 thats available now is a camera that has the ability to zoom & it is NOT the CGO-ET which is the camera that currently has a thermal camera & a normal camera in one. Where did you hear about this? Tom C

I read somewhere on a RC forum about it.
And yes it is not the V18. The V18 is only for the Tornado H920.
This one will only be for the TPH

Marnix

PS: I will look it up where i read about it and post a link here

I read somewhere on a RC forum about it.
And yes it is not the V18. The V18 is only for the Tornado H920.
This one will only be for the TPH

Marnix

PS: I will look it up where i read about it and post a link here

That would be great. I would definitely be interested in upgrading the camera. Yuneec would have to really come up with some major game changing features to get me to want to upgrade the bird, but I am always looking to improve the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was getting ready to go from my DJI F550 to TPH, but like the camera on the 920! They upgrade to a new camera with
zoom on TPH, I'm there!

the zoom feature makes everything lool shakey i have seen some demos on youtube the h920 zooming into a moving vehicle and it doesnt look all that great imo

the zoom feature makes everything lool shakey i have seen some demos on youtube the h920 zooming into a moving vehicle and it doesnt look all that great imo
I agree, I think a zoom camera is going to end up with a lot of crappy pics. Just like holding a zoom lens on your camera, hard to do. I will be happy with just a nice sharp lens on the stock camera.

Maybe that's why Yuneec might be working on a new camera. Hopefully they are incorporating image stabilization technology into the camera?

IS would solve a lot of problems with zoom. If it was a camera built on a gimbal that just replace present
Typhoon H camera I would order my Typhoon H today!

So sounds cool, and I want it but I just keep thinking weight weight weight... This is why the bebop does so much in software.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I have to admit, the more Zoom, the more distortion. Anything past about 5X gets hard to stabilize.
How ever, if you are only interested in Inspection, and possibly search and rescue work, you can live with some distortion, you are not after movie quality or National Geographic quality photos.
Weight would be a factor, but would not such a huge cost in flight time.
I for one would love to see a 10X plus zoom for the H. I was really looking at the 920 and the 18X camera (till they pulled the plug on it).
I don't have 20K to plop down on a truly professional drone with a big camera.
There will be give or take should Yuneec come up with a zoom.

Given that the CGO-ET has two lenses and image fusion, and thet they already have a desing for a housing with two lenses, my hope is they will try and do something like the iphone 7 to give us a bokeh option.

I have to admit, the more Zoom, the more distortion. Anything past about 5X gets hard to stabilize.
How ever, if you are only interested in Inspection, and possibly search and rescue work, you can live with some distortion, you are not after movie quality or National Geographic quality photos.
Weight would be a factor, but would not such a huge cost in flight time.
I for one would love to see a 10X plus zoom for the H. I was really looking at the 920 and the 18X camera (till they pulled the plug on it).
I don't have 20K to plop down on a truly professional drone with a big camera.
There will be give or take should Yuneec come up with a zoom.
I have the 27x version of the Vertigo, have yet to use it. They also have a 36x version now.
Vertigo FPV 27x - 3 Axis Gimbal, with 27x Zoom Camera!

I find I'm taking a lot of panoramas and now we've got burst, I'd like to see auto bracketing so HDR photos can be easily prepared.

Just called yuneec and asked if there are any future camera updates.. pretty much was told no and to check out the thermal ... no interest in thermal at all

So sounds cool, and I want it but I just keep thinking weight weight weight... This is why the bebop does so much in software.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

The Bebop and Bebop 2 have a crappy camera.
Quality is not good
Marnix

Just called yuneec and asked if there are any future camera updates.. pretty much was told no and to check out the thermal ... no interest in thermal at all

I talked to Yuneec Europe and they told me unofficialy that there will be a new camera in 2017 with zoom function.
Officialy they wil denie it.
Marnix

Reactions: Brock.ugk
I have been hearing rumors of a new camera since April that would be updated over the CGO3+ they were shipping and more professional etc. I actually think the 100mbs camera that was claimed to be coming with the TH original was the camera they are now going to start shipping. I feel like they had to compete and lower the price they started out with a lower end camera than they wanted to, and that the 100mbs camera was shelved as a result to keep the price lower.

Either way 2017 is a long time away (especially in the world of yuneec) - and a new camera option is a must. There is at least one video from the very objective Bo Lorentzen that clearly demonstrates that the current TH camera is both subjectively and objectively lower quality than comparable. Combine this with the P4 Pro line camera and its new higher bit rate etc and the CG3+ camera is dated. the only option is to put out a new camera - so its no surprise that one is coming.

I hope that they make it as good as the P4 Pro camera - the video from that looks really good and the new shutter system is very appealing.

I don't mind the TH flying platform (when its working for me) - but the camera leaves me with wondering eyes. I'm going to hang in as long as I can, but when that new camera comes out and if its not nearly as good as the P4 Pro camera I will be looking for an alternate. Despite being a pure hobby for me, the effort the make it look good (and its capable when you apply yourself to the effort) is more than I want to do. I would like it to look "good" without any work, and great when I put in the work. the CGO3+ is "ok" when I do nothing to it, and "decent" when I put effort into. Not to mention the system processing time to color correct etc slows down workflow etc....

At the end of the day, Yuneec needs this camera to be great. With or without the zoom - it needs to be a bigger improvement than even what was expected a few short days ago (before P4 Pro was announced).

I hope they pull it off.

I think they even can.

I hope they actually want to. Nothing stops them other than making wrong decisions about how to do it.

my gut is saying that they will come out with an updated camera platform, that will also offer the FPV for the pilot like the Inspire 2 is now doing. This is the only way to make 2 person control worth while, and it might be why they are working on the radio technology more lately to allow for this 2 camera setup) - I hope they do something like that, that would be a nice upgrade.

If they don't improve overall quality, working on zoom is a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval