Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

AAaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggg!!!!!

Reaction score
SO I received the correct 32 gig memory chip for my GoPro 3+ Black today and the camera finally will record video. With the wrong chip I had in it, it would only record about 20 seconds or so then lock up........on the drone or not.
But the camera with the wrong chip would "bind" to the controller.
Now I've updated the firmware on the camera, the drone and the ST10+ and the camera will not Bind now!!!!!!
Dang it! When I set up the drone there is no Typhoon "G" in the ST10+ controller......is that correct?
All I see now in the select type is Typhoon +, K or a Chroma.
Is that right, should I choose the Typhoon+ or am I missing the "G" model.
Any suggestions, please.
I really want this to work.

Thanks in advance!

Ray

Is that right, should I choose the Typhoon+ or am I missing the "G" model.
You can use the Typhoon+ or you can create a new model and name it Typhoon G. The set you missed is selecting the camera. After you've done that then you should see it when you go to Bind. You may need to tip the Q forward a couple of times until you see the orange flashing status light. Then you should bind the Q500 and then the camera.

Thanks, I've done that a few times tonight. I can see the 3 or 4 default Drones on the ST10+ that will bind easily.....it's the video section that will not bind! I have tried all 5 of the cameras that show up on my ST10+....the 1st one doesn't even attempt to bind, the others "try" and then fail.
I have even spent a bunch of time today and tonight trying to take the GoPro firmware backwards to the version before I realized (learned via you guys!) that my SD chip was a POS. That setup would at least bind, but it was the SD chip that did not allow the video to record correctly.
Since I've had a day or so to go, waiting for the new SD to arrive, I decided it would be Best to update all firmware to the Latest and Greatest versions, Drone, St10+, GoPro---------what was I thinking!!!!!!?????
Now the camera will work in stand alone mode, but it just won't bind to the ST or the Drone or ???
I'm soooooooooooo close to finally getting to fly and shoot some vid..........just a couple more bugs to sort out. ****.....it's only time!!!!!! (and Beer!!!)
I've even got the interface from the Drone to my CPU working and all that looks Ok........as far as I can tell.
Too bad some of these software "enhancements" don't have a Un-Do button!!!!!!
O well.....there's always tomorrow!

Could you bind it with the pos chip and then change to the good chip? Has new chip been formatted?

Last edited:
You cannot bind the GoPro Camera. GoPro only delivers the video signal to the MK58 via mini USB cable. You have to bind the MK58 video transmitter to get the video downlink. This has nothing to do with the GoPro firmware or so.
You can't even start or stop the video from ST10 controller. You have to start the recording before you fly. Reason: GoPro let Yuneec not in. The WLAN on the GoPro should be switched off.

Bind procedure:
http://www.astramodel.cz/manualy/yuneec/MK58_User_Manual_0907.pdf

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix