Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Aeronautical knowledge and safety test.

Reaction score
Does any one know where to find the "Aeronautical knowledge and safety test" for recreational pilots? My recreational registration expires in December 2020. I went to the FAA UAS registration page to renew my registration and it states that I must pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test and register my drone. When I look for a link for the test all I can find is a page explaining the process for test development but I can not find any link to a test or test administrator.

Any help would be appreciated

I believe that requirement has been suspended as part of the lock down. Did you try to renew your registration?

I renewed my registration this morning and it is good for 3 years. There was no request for testing results or for UAS information. It would be nice if the FAA would change the registration page to reflect the current requirements.

It would be nice if the FAA would change the registration page to reflect the current requirements.

Similar issues in Australia - when you go to pages about what is required for flying, both the recreational/hobby page and the excluded commercial page talk about having to register the drone and pass a knowledge test "soon". So I went looking for when that might be. Took me almost an hour to learn that it's all been put on hold (not due to corona) and may be years away now.
Government department websites universally suck, no matter what country you're in :p

Reactions: PatR
“Bureaucratese” is the same in every language; use as many words as possible to say very little and to render every effort to follow instructions effectively useless.

Every government employee spends more time covering their a$$ than is spent in productive activity. If what they need to do isn’t already covered in published rules and procedures a series of multiple meetings crossing several departments will be necessary before proceeding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval