Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Airfield restrictions

they implemented the same here in the Isle of Man just after the gatwick "drone" hoax.
I''ve no need to fly within 5 km of the airport anyway, and if so, i'll just obtain the necessary permissions.
I think its a good thing as it might just keep the kids with their toys out of trouble and furthermore, keep us from getting an even worse reputation :)

they implemented the same here in the Isle of Man just after the gatwick "drone" hoax.
I''ve no need to fly within 5 km of the airport anyway, and if so, i'll just obtain the necessary permissions.
I think its a good thing as it might just keep the kids with their toys out of trouble and furthermore, keep us from getting an even worse reputation :)
i agree and find the map is very easy to follow as well makes a change

So it's just major airports? Other apps show everything down to a farmers grass strip to a disused airfield from WW2. And without any contact details, so this supersedes everything else? At least this is simpler.

So it's just major airports? Other apps show everything down to a farmers grass strip to a disused airfield from WW2. And without any contact details, so this supersedes everything else? At least this is simpler.
have not checked nats app yet ( wondering if you use ??) but there web portal is the same as dronesafe at the moment it is missing all the zones that i did have on it like prisons etc

Thanks for the information Trecker. Being new here, I have to make a comment, why is it no one adds to their posts, like in the case of this one, "here in the UK" or "here in the US". While I'm interested in the drone community as a whole, that addition to me helps. Just a thought.

Reactions: thetrecker
Thanks for the information Trecker. Being new here, I have to make a comment, why is it no one adds to their posts, like in the case of this one, "here in the UK" or "here in the US". While I'm interested in the drone community as a whole, that addition to me helps. Just a thought.[/QUOTE
Sometimes it helps to use....
Search threads

Huerman, I watch the Isle of Man races on YouTube. Incredible speeds, unfortunate deaths. I'm sure you've seen them up close at 200+!

have not checked nats app yet ( wondering if you use ??) but there web portal is the same as dronesafe at the moment it is missing all the zones that i did have on it like prisons etc
It's like they add another app and the zones are slightly different. Adding to the confusion.

It's like they add another app and the zones are slightly different. Adding to the confusion.
yep i checked the nats app still same maybe we will see an update on it soon ??
interesting they have updated some of my no fly zones near me to warning instead makes me happy
@JD27358 understand what your saying as it is related to the UK

Huerman, I watch the Isle of Man races on YouTube. Incredible speeds, unfortunate deaths. I'm sure you've seen them up close at 200+!
All too often mate! Great to watch but very sad when someone dies, especially young local stars who were about to make it big time :(
A shame theres a TOTAL NO DRONE ZONE around the entire course although it would be way too dangerous if there wasn't cause everyone would be out wanting to get footage of their own, not to mention the low flying heli's who cover the event anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33