Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Alternative batteries for H520?

Reaction score
Does anyone know reliable alternative batteries (which are not so expensive as the original ones from Yuneec) in Europe?
My flight time is around 10min (till 30% battery level) with an E90 mounted which is not great.
Thanks for any advices

Have you tried to find the Venom batteries which are made for the 520 and the H Plus?
I've also bought some lightly used H Plus batteries and they have worked perfectly.

Have you tried to find the Venom batteries which are made for the 520 and the H Plus?
I've also bought some lightly used H Plus batteries and they have worked perfectly.
Most of them are in US - and if I look at the prices - same price as the Yuneec (without the overseas transport costs...)

Most of them are in US - and if I look at the prices - same price as the Yuneec (without the overseas transport costs...)
I've not seen them cheaper than Yuneec, but there out of stock. Not many will post overseas from US, Copter EU may have some, might be a little cheaper, because of Euro, but postage is around .£12. We don't get such a comprehensive selection of 3rd party batteries like US.

Last edited:
I purchased GIFI Power 7900 mAh batteries from Amazon and haven't had any issues. I use GIFI's in both of my TH-Pro's too.

Reactions: morry
lsn618 said:
I purchased GIFI Power 7900 mAh batteries from Amazon and haven't had any issues. I use GIFI's in both of my TH-Pro's too.
GIFI Power is a great option

Last edited:
OK Thanks - I'll try the Gifi ones. Maybe the typhoon H are also a good idea - didn't know you could use them as well

OK Thanks - I'll try the Gifi ones. Maybe the typhoon H are also a good idea - didn't know you could use them as well
They work. You will get a low voltage warning sooner because of the voltage difference between the two batteries.

Just a heads-up to everyone regarding the Gifi 7900mah batteries for the H520. If you see them on Amazon don't go there. I finally got one bad one that was having issues with the balance connector slots and tried to get a replacement or refund and it took them over a week to respond. Apparently they had two seller names as well. Part of the problem is that they went on Chinese New Year vacation and unfortunately they now report that they have shutdown due to the coronavirus. I wish them well, but it was also a bummer being out that last $130... Good news is that Amazon took pity and processed a refund.

I went out on a limb now and have ordered directly from their website so i'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I am currently testing Gens Ace Tatto 6750mAh 4s 25C in H520. Thats accumulator fits perfectly to original case after remove of yuneec "BMS" pcb. Only disatventage is that's not HV accu.

Just a heads-up to everyone regarding the Gifi 7900mah batteries for the H520. If you see them on Amazon don't go there. I finally got one bad one that was having issues with the balance connector slots and tried to get a replacement or refund and it took them over a week to respond. Apparently they had two seller names as well. Part of the problem is that they went on Chinese New Year vacation and unfortunately they now report that they have shutdown due to the coronavirus. I wish them well, but it was also a bummer being out that last $130... Good news is that Amazon took pity and processed a refund.

I went out on a limb now and have ordered directly from their website so i'll let you know how it goes.
Well, I started to fear that the batteries ordered from Gifi direct were from the same source as Amazon, but I got my shipping notification. Nine working days so they are obviously coming from Chine still, but they're on their way.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Well, I started to fear that the batteries ordered from Gifi direct were from the same source as Amazon, but I got my shipping notification. Nine working days so they are obviously coming from Chine still, but they're on their way.
Nitrile gloves and Lysol on hand??? ?

Reactions: BigAl07
Some update about Tatto 6750mah. Safe flight time with it oscilates in about 22min .After that indicated used mAh is at 5900-6000, voltage still good and 15%, also at that 15% I properly return from 2km, and still above 5%.
Accu only litle warm, but conditions are 10°C. (wind 3-4m/s) mission at 10m/s 80m, RTH at 12m/s

But the largest adventage is that now the indicatet remaining time and accu % have sense and don't dropping right after start to 30% and holds after that. Also I'm in little confusion because on start that's also 100% regardless diference in initial voltage (16.8V vs 17.4V with hv)

Reactions: arruntus
Some update about Tatto 6750mah. Safe flight time with it oscilates in about 22min .After that indicated used mAh is at 5900-6000, voltage still good and 15%, also at that 15% I properly return from 2km, and still above 5%.
Accu only litle warm, but conditions are 10°C. (wind 3-4m/s) mission at 10m/s 80m, RTH at 12m/s

But the largest adventage is that now the indicatet remaining time and accu % have sense and don't dropping right after start to 30% and holds after that. Also I'm in little confusion because on start that's also 100% regardless diference in initial voltage (16.8V vs 17.4V with hv)
The battery percentage should be calculated by the current, not the voltage. The maH as compared to the full capacity. What I don't understand is how the software would know what the capacity is. Batteries can range greatly in capacity regardless of the voltage so I am sure there is some algorithm in the software and hardware I don't understand, but with our radio controlled race cars the speedcontrollers are much more sophisticated and do have than built in.

As for flight completion capacity I would never have the drone land with less than 12-15% if possible. I have seen too many batteries start to swell when depleted that low and not quickly brought back up to storage capacity.

ummmmmmm I think they've changed it again in some update and again we haven't heard. Before, when it reached 15% (I don't remember exactly) after the warning we can program and the fixed low battery warning, it made a forced land. It was for sure above 5%, so the behavior with respect to the remaining battery has changed again.

Anyway, what we have always said, the recommended is 3.7V per cell (very conservative value), if we want to hurry a little more, we can go down to 3.5V per cell and hurry a lot, to 3.3V per cell. What you should never do is to go below 3V per cell because it means losing the battery. I know that most people prefer to see the index in %, I don't, if I were told the voltage or allowed to switch between % and voltage per cell, I would be very happy. :)

Reactions: chascoadmin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval