Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Alternative lenses for CGO3+?

Reaction score
K.amery na dronech jsou širokoúhlé i přes 140°. Kde koupit čočky pro přiblížení. I na autokamerách jsou široké čočky. Nejde přečíst SPZ. Krajina na dronech je kulatá. Zná někdo adresu na čočky pro minikamery?

Google translate:

The cameras on the drones are wide-angle even over 140 °. Where to buy zoom lenses. There are also wide lenses on car cameras. Unable to read license plate. The landscape on the drones is round. Does anyone know the address for mini camera lenses?

Last edited by a moderator:
You posted this in a thread about the UAV Toolbox program. It is totally off topic and is considered to be hijacking a thread. I will be moving this to its own thread in the proper forum. You continue to post in Czech even though I have messaged you several times that this forum is in English.

We are happy to have you here on the forum, but we are a community and must abide by the Community Rules. I moderate three different forums and having to translate your posts becomes a burden. Please abide by the rules of our forum. Community Rules

The lens on the CGO3+ is actually 114 degrees, not 140 degrees. There are Peau lens mods for the camera, but the narrower field of view makes it unsuitable for most cinematography. The gimbal is not able to keep the images steady enough at the narrower field of view.

You posted this in a thread about the UAV Toolbox program. It is totally off topic and is considered to be hijacking a thread. I will be moving this to its own thread in the proper forum. You continue to post in Czech even though I have messaged you several times that this forum is in English.

We are happy to have you here on the forum, but we are a community and must abide by the Community Rules. I moderate three different forums and having to translate your posts becomes a burden. Please abide by the rules of our forum. Community Rules
I apologize for the Czech language. It translates for me. Last time I wrote it in English. and as I wrote it, it was reworked into Czech. Damage. But otherwise I have good things. Thanks thanks.

The lens on the CGO3+ is actually 114 degrees, not 140 degrees. There are Peau lens mods for the camera, but the narrower field of view makes it unsuitable for most cinematography. The gimbal is not able to keep the images steady enough at the narrower field of view.
You're wrong. If he keeps this cardan, he will keep it even closer !! Should we have the landscape in a circle? I did detailed tests with the Typhon H drone. No flight in hand (so that the engines would not vibrate) and when flying with a change of altitude. 1. I turned the camera around and 2. I turned the whole drone around. The CGO3 camera keeps the horizon error-free. I also tested the resolution setting. A resolution other than 1920x1080 / 60 is not good when setting VIDEO and image. Any magnification on a PC is not good. The resolution 4096x2160 / 25 is unnecessary and is grain. There are no details. It is not better on a PC after magnification. It's just a semblance of "like" this magnification. For PHOTO, a magnification of 4000x3000 is good. Otherwise, there is no more of this camera. I verified it and in detail.

Thank you. I was looking at your offer. I don't like very expensive products that are not complicated. For the price of $ 169 a piece of glass? Compare a mobile phone, a drill, a camera. There are lenses, electronics. Yuneec Sells overpriced items. I also dislike glasses where there is one lens for a lot of $. I like to pay for complicated and nice things. Traders should know this.

You can also have a look at the one made by Peau Productions. The 3,97mm one is similar to the original one but with less distortion and better colors. They also have one with 8,25mm and one with 1,21mm as well as some focal lenghts in between. I am using the 3,97mm one and I am very satisfied.

Other than that I find you answer very rude. Lenses have to be highly precise. Thats why high quality lenses will cost you some money. Every tiny flaw will be visible on the image later on. If you want to have an improvement, you will have to pay for it. Well you can also buy a 16$ lens from China but the results will be even worse than before. @Yuneec Skins price is fair considering it is a high quality product.

You can also have a look at the one made by Peau Productions. The 3,97mm one is similar to the original one but with less distortion and better colors. They also have one with 8,25mm and one with 1,21mm as well as some focal lenghts in between. I am using the 3,97mm one and I am very satisfied.

Other than that I find you answer very rude. Lenses have to be highly precise. Thats why high quality lenses will cost you some money. Every tiny flaw will be visible on the image later on. If you want to have an improvement, you will have to pay for it. Well you can also buy a 16$ lens from China but the results will be even worse than before. @Yuneec Skins price is fair considering it is a high quality product.

Yes, China can be worse. But even Zeis is not so expensive with good lenses. Or with us, the price of 1 glass for glasses is $ 182 + a frame of $ 60. Isn't it overpriced ?? It's not a complicated thing and it's expensive. Look at: Kids 100X 400X 1200X Zoom Illuminated Monocular Biological Microscope Red Gifts , 10 in 1 Smartphone Camera Lens Cell with Clip Universal Optical Telescope Kit Mobile Zoom Photography & Camera Acc from Consumer Electronics on banggood.com , Universal 10X Zoom 1200m 8000m Waterproof Clip Phone Telescope Camera Lens Hiking Concert Telescope . See the whole page. I made something in my years. We must not jump on everything. But otherwise thank you and don't be angry.

Not angry with you, you have a right to your own opinion. I have been into photography for 50 years and glass has ALWAYS been the most expensive part of the hobby. Good optics are not cheap to make and don’t sell for cheap. Retailers cannot sell for less than they pay and stay in business.

Hope you find a way to modify your camera to get the desired result. The answers you got in the previous posts are the options that are available for the CGO3 +. If you come up with what you trying to achieve feel free to share your DIY and images taken with it.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Hi. Let me disagree. You also have to compare. Spare screws 2 larger and two small for the price of 7 $? They made non-standard ordinary screws in the factory to buy. Really ordinary screws. Here is an unserious, bad, intentional act. They could put ordinary screws there for an ordinary thing. And that's why I think about other accessories and parts. I have a Typhon H, but the manufacturer's relationship with customers is not good. There is no communication today. Hough. I won't jump on everything else.

I am not sure if I understand you correctly. You are telling that Yuneec uses some non standard part and it is therefore very expensive, right?

That's wrong. The exact same lens can be used to upgrade several GoPro versions, Phantom 2 and 3 versions and likely many more. Only the mount, which costs next to nothing, is different. It is only due to very small tolerances. Not comparable to some chinese junk.

Lenses are standard M12 type. The price starts at a few dollars. Check Aliexpress, please. Quality will strictly correspond to the price.

Objektivy jsou standardního typu M12. Cena začíná na několika dolarech. Zkontrolujte prosím Aliexpress. Kvalita bude přesně odpovídat ceně.

Lenses are standard M12 type. The price starts at a few dollars. Check Aliexpress, please. Quality will strictly correspond to the price.
Thanks for the information. Can you give one address? I probably found the wrong one. I guess it doesn't work on a drone camera. Please address. Do you have any experience which lens?

I am not sure if I understand you correctly. You are telling that Yuneec uses some non standard part and it is therefore very expensive, right?

That's wrong. The exact same lens can be used to upgrade several GoPro versions, Phantom 2 and 3 versions and likely many more. Only the mount, which costs next to nothing, is different. It is only due to very small tolerances. Not comparable to some chinese junk.
I said screws as a great price comparison. For the price of the lens on the Typhon H is a whole mobile phone with 2 lenses. One lens for a great price and I don't like that. I am sorry.

aliexpress.com
Sorry, but I don't use cheap things, so I haven't idea how good they are.

You can try something like this: US $10.78 19% OFF|4K Lens 4.35mm M12 1/2.3

It has a little bit more focal length than the original one. The included mount looks like it might even fit. If not, you can order a proper one online. But like I said before: Do not expect any improvement. This lenses are cheap and usually have a huge distortion, color offset and often result in a partially blurry image.

From my experience everything else than a PixAero lens or Peau Production lens is nothing but wasted money and time. But if you want, have your own experiences. We are only some strangers from the internet trying to give helpful advise.

Reactions: Mike Irish
You can try something like this: US $10.78 19% OFF|4K Lens 4.35mm M12 1/2.3

It has a little bit more focal length than the original one. The included mount looks like it might even fit. If not, you can order a proper one online. But like I said before: Do not expect any improvement. This lenses are cheap and usually have a huge distortion, color offset and often result in a partially blurry image.

From my experience everything else than a PixAero lens or Peau Production lens is nothing but wasted money and time. But if you want, have your own experiences. We are only some strangers from the internet trying to give helpful advise.
Thanks for adress. Nice. But otherwise they give wide-angle lenses everywhere. I don't like that. The terrain is small or round. Note: The car number on the road is not visible on the camcorder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval