Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

AMA tells members to register.....

Reaction score
"We are continuing to explore all legal and political options available, but these conversations may take time and a definitive solution is unlikely before the February 19 registration deadline. For this reason, we are suggesting that AMA members may wish to take advantage of free registration period, which is available until February 19."

Source: Update - UAS Registration Frequently Asked Questions | AMA Government Relations Blog

Dead line to register as we have all been told is Feb 19 2016, however FAA states, "Register before midnight EST, January 21st, 2016 and your $5 registration fee will be refunded!"

Source: Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Registration

Last edited:
This is incorrect. You imply they said to register, they did not. Here is the quote...

For this reason, we are suggesting that AMA members may wish to take advantage of free registration period, which is available until February 19.

They say if you wish to you may, that is different than saying everyone should register. Law teams have said the rule will most likely fail in court and it is going to court so you never know what the outcome will be. It is everyones best interest to wait until the final deadline unless $5 is gonna break you.

SOURCE: Drone law experts say challenge to FAA registration rule is likely to succeed

I'm not trying to imply anything, not one for splitting hairs which is why I posted the source. If any one in this forum that owns one of these birds has an issue with $5 perhaps their priorities are a tad bit fubar.

They go on to admit that it's unlikely a resolution will be had before the deadline.

"However, we want to emphasize that this is not the end of our efforts to protect AMA members from this overreaching regulation. We are continuing to explore all legal and political options available, but these conversations may take time and a definitive solution is unlikely before the February 19 registration deadline. For this reason, we are suggesting that AMA members may wish to take advantage of free registration period, which is available until February 19."

FAA says free registration is over the 21 of this month then it's $5. I don't know about anyone else but as my parents use to say when I was a child, "A penny saved is a penny earned" My thing is we already give enough to the gov, why not save that $5 and buy a few cold ones.

Last edited:
I spent my $5 despite not wanting to. But hey, what's one more list... ;)

I spent my $5 despite not wanting to. But hey, what's one more list... ;)

LOL same here. You didn't spend anything, tomorrow midnite EST is the FAA deadline for free registration, they will reverse the charge so they say.

Looks out of place on my warbird, so I will put it in the battery compartment on her, on the quad not so out of place.

I haven't labeled my bird yet, as flying probably won't commence until March. Just too windy and cold right now. I plan on putting my number in the battery compartment as well, not that it really matters (I'm taking video FROM the bird, not OF the bird - hehehe).

I also was holding off on regeneration until the AMA reached a agreement. FAA is Federal Government and once the make up their minds it usually takes a lot of effort to change it. AMA is a bunch of old guys like me and once we make up their minds to not do something it usually takes a lot of effort to change it! I went on line and paid the $5, easy peasy! Spend the $5 and be done with it

I registered the first day, already got my $5 credited back to me. I don't really see what the big issue is with registering If you're flying responsibly except for the $5 that people will have to pay.

I registered the first day, already got my $5 credited back to me. I don't really see what the big issue is with registering If you're flying responsibly except for the $5 that people will have to pay.
I agree, I don't understand how they justify the $5 for a online regersterion

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval