Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Amazing Follow Me Capabilities Of My Typhoon H Pro

Reaction score
Just wanted to share a quick 60 second video I made for my Instagram followers. I drove out 150 miles out of my city into our local mountains on a weekday and did some drone/camera work - all by myself. This was the first time I have used the follow me mode in my personal car (Mercedes SL55 AMG) and the H was able to follow me up to 50 MPH with no issues. (OBS off) A buddy of mine has a DJI Mavic 2 and said his does not have this function -following controller) and often loses objects he tracks. I know there are some rules I may have broken here but, to clarify.... there were no other humans, animals, cars or other aircraft for miles around. I didn't see anyone else for the 5 hours I spent here. Enjoy.

PS

Oh, in case the flight police is checking the legality of my flights, this was in a remote area 25 east of Julian California. No flight restrictions are currently in place in this area according to new FAA rules.

ASE.jpg

This video was done the next day and some footage was done with a camera mounted on my buddy's car.

Last edited:
Oh, in case the flight police is checking the legality of my flights, this was in a remote area 25 east of Julian California. No flight restrictions are currently in place in this area according to new FAA rules.
Yep the H is about the best high speed follow drone out there, DJI Active Track is a joke and dangerous.

I've been using my H for high speed follow for years.

Awesome work! Thanks for sharing.

Just wanted to share a quick 60 second video I made for my Instagram followers. I drove out 150 miles out of my city into our local mountains on a weekday and did some drone/camera work - all by myself. This was the first time I have used the follow me mode in my personal car (Mercedes SL55 AMG) and the H was able to follow me up to 50 MPH with no issues. (OBS off) A buddy of mine has a DJI Mavic 2 and said his does not have this function -following controller) and often loses objects he tracks. I know there are some rules I may have broken here but, to clarify.... there were no other humans, animals, cars or other aircraft for miles around. I didn't see anyone else for the 5 hours I spent here. Enjoy.

PS

View attachment 17831

This video was done the next day and some footage was done with a camera mounted on my buddy's car.

great video. i like to fly salton sea it kind of has a creepy feel to the video.

PS

View attachment 17831

I like the way the Germans say AMG better.
It’s pronounced: aah am gay. ????

Sorry just had to put that out there.
No disrespect intended. ?

• Haha
Reactions: RatBob
we had a 550 for a month, got it when my mother in law died, I hated that thing, the traction control gave up in snow and slush, the sensors would trigger when passing semi's and actually slow you down with someone breathing down your neck, and the gas costs were stupid, the good news we sold it for enough for a Sierra 1500HD with quadrasteer and a nice 21' travel trailer ") I do sometimes miss the twin turbo on the highway for passing purposes ")

I actually use follow mode a lot on my H. It is the best “autonomous” flymode it has if you ask me. It takes some time to get used to the steering while moving but the shots you can make using this feature are awesome.
I recently did a sunset drive chasing session which I still have to edit. I will post it as soon as I’m done.
In the meantime here’s my tutorial on how to use the follow me/watch me mode. (Which most of you probaly have already seen)

Oh and I don’t have realsense or anything so it is definately not required to do a good chase with proximity flying. I myself much rather have control than depend on a bunch of sensors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval