Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

An end to the 920 early battery alert?

Reaction score
I took my 920 plus into Yuneec Uk on Wednesday.
Several reasons, but one of them was because I have been informed by Yuneec that they have a way to change the programming of the voltage level that the low battery level goes off at.
This is quite significant, they will be dropping mine down a couple of tenths and we will see how it performs when I get it back.
I was hoping to see what they did and pass on any info but I ended up having to leave it with them and was told this is not a DIY fix.

It’s a good start though. After establishing the effects it will be interesting to learn if Yuneec USA would consider participating.

Something that sort of troubles me is that although Yuneec has no published intent of providing performance improvements they are maintaining a stranglehold on the system code that could be used by others to develop improvements.

It’s a good start though. After establishing the effects it will be interesting to learn if Yuneec USA would consider participating.

Something that sort of troubles me is that although Yuneec has no published intent of providing performance improvements they are maintaining a stranglehold on the system code that could be used by others to develop improvements.
Indeed, I will post my results here, unfortunately the alarm visual that fills the screen cannot be removed, just the levels. That would take a firmware update which I was assured is not going to happen.

Just moving that alarm trigger to a lower level is probably good enough. Hopefully those flying a 920 don’t need a series of alarms to make them aware of battery levels. If at the right level, one should be ample to say “it’s time to land”. As the current first warning is so repetitive it’s hard to maintain video continuity if trying to work through it. If we’re stuck with it, it may as well be placed at a voltage level where bagging the flight after it occurs makes sense.

As those with experience have developed their own minimums, what did you select for yours? No judgement from this end as we each have our own preferences and flying style.

Just moving that alarm trigger to a lower level is probably good enough. Hopefully those flying a 920 don’t need a series of alarms to make them aware of battery levels. If at the right level, one should be ample to say “it’s time to land”. As the current first warning is so repetitive it’s hard to maintain video continuity if trying to work through it. If we’re stuck with it, it may as well be placed at a voltage level where bagging the flight after it occurs makes sense.

As those with experience have developed their own minimums, what did you select for yours? No judgement from this end as we each have our own preferences and flying style.
Just down three tenths from what it currently is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanigodda