Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Android Smartphone Audio Checklist

Reaction score
While searching the Play Store for an audio checklist that could be used for drones I came across this: "Aviation Speech Checklist - Belgium Campus...".
My search was inspired by a posting in the Typhoon H How to Forum but because of its universal applicability, I'm posting here.
The app comes with a C172 sample listing. It's far easier to suggest referring to this to demonstrate the app's capabilities than describe it here.
Briefly, this app can provide spoken ordered checklists that require a simple tap on "Next" to move to the next item on the list. The creation of a new list is very simple. In fact, it is so simple and straight forward that I can't find the words to describe it without making it sound more difficult than it is. I did discover that swiping left or right on an item on the list allows it to be modified in several ways. I also discovered that the text for an item on the list can be entered using the smartphone's speech input and when the item on the list comes up it's read in a synthesized voice.
The listing for this item in the Play Store says it's under development and suggestions are requested. The app itself seems perfect and the only thing that I can think of that would be beneficial would be the ability to export a checklist so it could be shared.

It should be noted that this app should be installed onto your Android smartphone or tablet. The Android OS installed on the ST-16 series of controllers has limited function... PlayStore does not work on your ST-16 and it is highly recommended against trying to hack into the ST-16 system, in an effort to make PlayStore functional.

Also note that even using on your smartphone or tablet may present some risk, as the owner's manual cautions against using your device, while operating the ST-16 controller. I would want to know if the device has to be connected to the Internet or if the app can be operated in an entirely offline mode.

It should be noted that this app should be installed onto your Android smartphone or tablet. The Android OS installed on the ST-16 series of controllers has limited function... PlayStore does not work on your ST-16 and it is highly recommended against trying to hack into the ST-16 system, in an effort to make PlayStore functional.

Also note that even using on your smartphone or tablet may present some risk, as the owner's manual cautions against using your device, while operating the ST-16 controller. I would want to know if the device has to be connected to the Internet or if the app can be operated in an entirely offline mode.
I would not recommend that you try to install this on your ST16. It is designed to be used on a smartphone.
I hadn't considered it being used at the same time as the ST16 but I regularly have my smartphone with me and turned on while flying. Is there some prohibition against this in the owner's manual that I missed?
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the audio conversion to text required the phone to be online but I haven't checked. I checked and the playback voice synthesis does not require the phone to be online.

I know there is a caution against using a device while operating the controller... but I would venture that is more so, if the device is connected via either data or wireless, as a possible source of interference with either the RC or video connection.

I know there is a caution against using a device while operating the controller... but I would venture that is more so, if the device is connected via either data or wireless, as a possible source of interference with either the RC or video connection.
I'm always concerned about the cause of flyaways and had not considered possible interference from a nearby device. I pretty much consider the Real Sense version of the owner's manual the bible but haven't found the caution you cited. Am I looking in the wrong place or are you referencing a different owner's manual?

It's been a while since I owned the H, but I think it was on one of the enclosed caution cards... I looked in the manual too, to cite the reference... I certainly could be wrong... but given the choice, I'll go with being over cautious. :)

It's been a while since I owned the H, but I think it was on one of the enclosed caution cards... I looked in the manual too, to cite the reference... I certainly could be wrong... but given the choice, I'll go with being over cautious. :)
I did locate a generic caution regarding operation around electrical equipment at the end of the manual. I can see a possible problem with a smartphone trying to communicate wit the ST16 via Wifi but I think this would have to be intentional. My prime suspect regarding flyaways remains the possibility of old data in the ST16 telling the H where to go. I have no empirical data to back up my suspicion so it remains a hunch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss