Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another alternative

RPR

Reaction score
Just recently, I've been bitten by the FPV bug. I purchased the Emax TinyHawk as my practice indoors and during calm wind outdoors as well as learning BetaFlight programming. Now, I am flying the newly released Emax TinyHawk freestyle that was released this week, and I must say. For now, it has the power that I need as a newbie especially during banks and tight turns, but as a noob that I am at the moment, I am crashing more that I am flying.

Here's my Emax TinyHawk Freestyle maiden flight.

Yesterday, I was able to get one flight, with the TinyHawk Freestyle.

Are you stuck with the toy controller the RTF comes with? Or can you bind it to a real RC Transmitter like you can with a Blade tiny hoop (Inductrix)? If so, what transmitter(s) can it bind to? Also what kind of flight times are you getting?

Are you stuck with the toy controller the RTF comes with? Or can you bind it to a real RC Transmitter like you can with a Blade tiny hoop (Inductrix)? If so, what transmitter(s) can it bind to? Also what kind of flight times are you getting?

I’m using a Taranis tx Frsky for both models TinyHawk and TinyHawk Freestyle. The FrSky is an open tx with a built-in rx so you can just bind, configure your tx and fly, with the other drones you will need a VTX and rx to fly. Right now, I only fly BnF models, and hopefully will be building soon, I’m just waiting for my parts to make my first built.

For the TinyHawk, I’m only getting 4min of flight, with the TinyHawk freestyle, I’m getting 10min in Horizon and 7min in acro mode.

She’s fun and powerful.

7faf950a18231036177e6b6dc2f7aebc.jpg

Are you having any motion sickness issues?

I want to try it, but the older I get the more easily susceptible I become. I used to be a roller coaster fanatic....but now if I ride one, by the end I’m miserable for 2 hours. I can get hit just looking down at a map for longer than a few seconds in the car. (As a passenger)

Are you having any motion sickness issues?

I want to try it, but the older I get the more easily susceptible I become. I used to be a roller coaster fanatic....but now if I ride one, by the end I’m miserable for 2 hours. I can get hit just looking down at a map for longer than a few seconds in the car. (As a passenger)

At first, yes, it also gave me a short period of migraine that I wanted to throw up, but now, I’m used to it. I had just got out of horizon mode (stage 2) and been practicing in acro mode (ultimate stage) and I give myself time to relax and slow down my heart rate after each flight. I’m glad that the TinyHawk Freestyle can take a beating, because I am a terrible pilot. [emoji23]

If you’re getting into FPV get an rtf TinyHawk because you will be doing a lot of crashing that you will start to hate, couches, TV, ceiling fans.. etc.. [emoji23]

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Wonder what it costs to build a standard DRL drone they use.......

Wonder what it costs to build a standard DRL drone they use.......

Not much actually, I bought all of my DYI for $200, the pain is tuning your craft in BetaFlight, but there are lots of tutorials. My next will be a cinematic drone, but I have to get better in acro.

My EV800D loves the Yuneec antennas.
I’ve almost gone crazy configuring the VTX tune in BetaFlight, and the solution was right under my nose [emoji23]

b7530c93c6a944de4d7cc9ede36f048f.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis