Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another battery charger question

Reaction score
Gentlemen, would the Hitec X1 Mini be ok for the q500 batteries ?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFTSB&P=ML

I only want a budget charger because the q500 battery will be the only thing I will be using it for. If you guy recommend a better charger than this please let me know.

Here are the specs.

Specifications
AC Input: 100-240 Volts AC
Total Charge Circuit Power: 60 Watts AC Input
Charge Current Range: 0.1 - 6.0 Amps
Discharge Current Range: 0.1 - 2.0 Amps
Discharge Current Power: 10 Watts
Charges NiMH, NiCd, LiPo, LiHV, LiFe, Li-Ion and Lead Acid Batteries
NiCd/NiMH Cell Count: 6-8 Cells
LiPo/LiHV/Li-Ion/LiFe Cell Count: 2-4 Cells
Pb Voltage: 6-12 Volts
Net Weight: 0.68 lbs (310g)
Dimensions: 4.41 x 4.17 x 2.05in (112 x 106 x 52mm)

Thanks in advance, marcusg

Gentlemen, would the Hitec X1 Mini be ok for the q500 batteries ?I'm curious about this too...I like the 60w output verses the 45 OEM charger....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFTSB&P=ML

I only want a budget charger because the q500 battery will be the only thing I will be using it for. If you guy recommend a better charger than this please let me know.

Here are the specs.

Specifications
AC Input: 100-240 Volts AC
Total Charge Circuit Power: 60 Watts AC Input
Charge Current Range: 0.1 - 6.0 Amps
Discharge Current Range: 0.1 - 2.0 Amps
Discharge Current Power: 10 Watts
Charges NiMH, NiCd, LiPo, LiHV, LiFe, Li-Ion and Lead Acid Batteries
NiCd/NiMH Cell Count: 6-8 Cells
LiPo/LiHV/Li-Ion/LiFe Cell Count: 2-4 Cells
Pb Voltage: 6-12 Volts
Net Weight: 0.68 lbs (310g)
Dimensions: 4.41 x 4.17 x 2.05in (112 x 106 x 52mm)

Thanks in advance, marcusg

Thanks fellas for the reply back.

I was also looking at the X2 AC but I don't know or think I would need all those features that's why I'm against the wall on this.

Having said that you can get the X2 for $85.00 at Tower Hobbies with coupon code.

Reactions: BEE
Yup, that is it, I will order it today, thank you Co-Pilot.
I was pricing one of these here in Canada and it was $235.00. The guy at the hobby shop said the Venom Pro Duo(dual power) is a pretty good charger for about $100.00 cheaper. Does anyone know anyhing about these? Thanks in advance

I was pricing one of these here in Canada and it was $235.00. The guy at the hobby shop said the Venom Pro Duo(dual power) is a pretty good charger for about $100.00 cheaper. Does anyone know anyhing about these? Thanks in advance
I don't what the exchange rate is over there but that sounds like a lot.

I went and bought the charger listed below. More features and good reviews about it for a cheaper price. Comes with all the plugs so no need to spend extra for different leads.
Tenergy TB6AC+80W 8A

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010CCMWMO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

I don't what the exchange rate is over there but that sounds like a lot.

I went and bought the charger listed below. More features and good reviews about it for a cheaper price. Comes with all the plugs so no need to spend extra for different leads.
Tenergy TB6AC+80W 8A

Amazon.com: Tenergy TB6AC+80W 8A Intelligent Digital Balance Charger for NiMH NiCd Li-PO Li-Fe SLA: Toys & Games
Hey Marcusg...exchange rate here today is 1.42... ya, ouch..I'm going to check out the one you listed. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it in USD? Thanks

Hey Marcusg...exchange rate here today is 1.42... ya, ouch..I'm going to check out the one you listed. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it in USD? Thanks

$46.99
I just got mine today but haven't used it yet. I will hopefully check it out later on tonight if I got time or tomorrow for sure. This thing has both AC and the DC plugs along with all the 8 in 1 charging lead. Oh yeah no balancing board needed, already built in the charger. From 2 cell to 6 cell. More than all the features you'll ever need including storage mode. The only thing is you can only charge one battery at a time which wasn't a big deal for me. For the price, I think this could be the best bang for the buck balancing charger.

$46.99
I just got mine today but haven't used it yet. I will hopefully check it out later on tonight if I got time or tomorrow for sure. This thing has both AC and the DC plugs along with all the 8 in 1 charging lead. Oh yeah no balancing board needed, already built in the charger. From 2 cell to 6 cell. More than all the features you'll ever need including storage mode. The only thing is you can only charge one battery at a time which wasn't a big deal for me. For the price, I think this could be the best bang for the buck balancing charger.
If I can find one around here I should be able to pick one up for under $70.00 CDN. I was really hoping to get one where I could charge 2 batteries at a time. May have to bite the bullet and go for the Venom at $120.00 CDN. It will be a point to ponder for the weekend. Thanks for your help...have a good one!!

Charging more than 1 battery at a time is the way to go.....You can buy a charger that only does 1 at a time and be fine for awhile ( I did 1 year )but if you are going to stay with this hobby and want to fly and not wait hours for multiple batterys to charge 1 at a time....Then you cant go wrong with a charger that does at least 2 at a time....!!!! ... I should have bought a multiple battery charger from the get go .. but .. what did I know then.. and money was tight.. lol .. so I ended up buying my second charger now...that Hitec x2 listed above and its great to be able to fly about 30 minutes for every 60-70 mins of charging time.......I now wish I had gotten the Hitex x4 !!!! 4 at a time ....oh yeah ... now were talking.....flying about 50-60 mins.(4 batterys) for every charge cycle...or you can just about fly non stop with 4 batterys !!! and you charge from a car battery, etc. etc. Good Luck

Charging more than 1 battery at a time is the way to go.....You can buy a charger that only does 1 at a time and be fine for awhile ( I did 1 year )but if you are going to stay with this hobby and want to fly and not wait hours for multiple batterys to charge 1 at a time....Then you cant go wrong with a charger that does at least 2 at a time....!!!! ... I should have bought a multiple battery charger from the get go .. but .. what did I know then.. and money was tight.. lol .. so I ended up buying my second charger now...that Hitec x2 listed above and its great to be able to fly about 30 minutes for every 60-70 mins of charging time.......I now wish I had gotten the Hitex x4 !!!! 4 at a time ....oh yeah ... now were talking.....flying about 50-60 mins.(4 batterys) for every charge cycle...or you can just about fly non stop with 4 batterys !!! and you charge from a car battery, etc. etc. Good Luck
I priced a Hitec X4 here and they are $300.00 CDN. Just to put things in perspective here in Canada, I had to buy a new battery today for my 2008 Ford truck. It was cheaper than what it will cost me to buy another battery for my Q

Anybody tried the Imax B6 available on Ebay for under $20. I just got one but have not tried it yet as my batteries are in warranty turn around. It does have a 5A charge limit so it will take a little longer to charge than the HiTech. But the price is right. It does need an a/c power pack as well. I paid $7 for that tho it comes with clip lead adaptor cable for using a car battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal