Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another battery question ...

Reaction score
Have someone used Tattu or Gens ace battery in Typhoon H Plus with a specific adapter like this
?

Regards.

The adapter works well. Pretty much any battery that will fit in the adapter will power the aircraft just fine as well. Different amp ratings will have minor effects on flight time. High amp count batteries do not appreciably increase flight time because their heavier weight offsets most of an anticipated flight time gain.

Battery brand is not of critical importance as most are equal to or better than any that Yuneec sells. Just choose a battery with a C rating above 10 and under 40.

Do try to obtain the same battery chemistry as what is normally used in the H Plus.

Reactions: jeorghe
About the C rating, what is the problem if I use an high C rate battery (for example 100C) ?

I would use an high discharge battery in a TH Plus which use HV lipo.

I have tried a Multistar 8000mAh (12C) in a TH Plus, but during a normal fly the battery become a little hot and the TH is not stable as should be, so I thing the C rate is too low.

About the C rating, what is the problem if I use an high C rate battery (for example 100C) ?

Very high C-rates are usually a lie. Small batteries can have a quiet high discharge rate due to their large surface area. Batteries the size of the ones used in the Typhoon H on the other hand cannot even exceed about 45 real C. Furthermore they usually come with wires which are not even capable of handling these currents. In other words 100C batteries are fraud.

Furthermore there is no need for a discharge rate that high. Even 10C, if actually delivered, are more than enough for the Typhoon H. Usually a high C-Rating also decreases the capacity while increasing the weight. If you want me to I might explain why this is the case but it simply has to do with the structure of a LiPo battery. Since you have no need for a high C-rating the number on the package will only cost you flight time without any advantages in return.

I noticed that a very high C-rating in the most actually means the complete opposite. Many batteries with a fairly high C-rating actually have a pretty low one. I noticed that espacially while using batteries from Hobbyking. During flight a 35C Turnigy Nano-Tech feels actually weaker than an otherwise identical 20C Hacker battery (they have a very good qaulity). The only Hobbyking series which does actually get close to the stated C-rating is the "Graphene" series. Unfortunatly they only have a very low live span from my experience. That is only from my experience. I have not actually measured them, but I have had a lot more or less expensive batteries in use I can compare them to.

Very high C-rates are usually a lie. Small batteries can have a quiet high discharge rate due to their large surface area. Batteries the size of the ones used in the Typhoon H on the other hand cannot even exceed about 45 real C. Furthermore they usually come with wires which are not even capable of handling these currents. In other words 100C batteries are fraud.

Furthermore there is no need for a discharge rate that high. Even 10C, if actually delivered, are more than enough for the Typhoon H. Usually a high C-Rating also decreases the capacity while increasing the weight. If you want me to I might explain why this is the case but it simply has to do with the structure of a LiPo battery. Since you have no need for a high C-rating the number on the package will only cost you flight time without any advantages in return.

I noticed that a very high C-rating in the most actually means the complete opposite. Many batteries with a fairly high C-rating actually have a pretty low one. I noticed that espacially while using batteries from Hobbyking. During flight a 35C Turnigy Nano-Tech feels actually weaker than an otherwise identical 20C Hacker battery (they have a very good qaulity). The only Hobbyking series which does actually get close to the stated C-rating is the "Graphene" series. Unfortunatly they only have a very low live span from my experience. That is only from my experience. I have not actually measured them, but I have had a lot more or less expensive batteries in use I can compare them to.

About the live span of TH+ original battery (attached photo)....and I never discharge It more than 30%.
Now I want to give a chance to a high brand lipo(I hope so) a gens ace 6750 100C?, after I will try other brands.
Advice are appreciated...

Attachments

• P_20190907_115944.jpg
    P_20190907_115944.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Gens Ace batteries are usually very good. Somehow they have a faulty one from time to time but overall I can recommand them. Nevertheless 100C is absolute rubbish. It would mean that the battery is able to deliver 675A continously. That is insanely high. Actually the battery would be drained in only 36s under maximum load. Furthermroe you do not need a hardcase. It is only dead weight on an aircraft.

During alternative battery tests for the H-480 the system never drew much over 50 amps during the hardest flying. As the Plus motors are more powerful I would expect to see a somewhat higher current load under maximum thrust conditions but I suspect that load would be under 75 amps.

A 6000mA, 25C battery would easily meet that level of current supply. 6x25=150. 100C, even if the rating was true, is not necessary.

Jannish is on the money where he references useful time under load. Using the previous 6000mA battery example, it would provide a 1 amp load for 6 hours or a 6 amp load for 1 hour. In theory. Loads exceeding it’s capacity reduce time proportionately.

I say “in theory” because, unless verified with testing, we don’t really know how accurate the MA and C rating claims made by manufacturers are. Like Jannish, I suspect the wildly high C rating claims are wildly inaccurate as battery makers are trying to “one up” each other to capture market share.

During alternative battery tests for the H-480 the system never drew much over 50 amps during the hardest flying. As the Plus motors are more powerful I would expect to see a somewhat higher current load under maximum thrust conditions but I suspect that load would be under 75 amps.

A 6000mA, 25C battery would easily meet that level of current supply. 6x25=150. 100C, even if the rating was true, is not necessary.

Jannish is on the money where he references useful time under load. Using the previous 6000mA battery example, it would provide a 1 amp load for 6 hours or a 6 amp load for 1 hour. In theory. Loads exceeding it’s capacity reduce time proportionately.

I say “in theory” because, unless verified with testing, we don’t really know how accurate the MA and C rating claims made by manufacturers are. Like Jannish, I suspect the wildly high C rating claims are wildly inaccurate as battery makers are trying to “one up” each other to capture market share.

The fly time Is 22 min. with a remain of 25% and the return to home message.
The gens ace 6750mah is at 14.9v.
Maybe like the original LiHv battery.

Someone tried other lipo like Tattu, Zop Power or other brand ?

What is your goal? More flight time or an alternative battery source?

If seeking more flight time you’ll
end up chasing rainbows as larger batteries weigh more, forcing the system to demand higher amperage to carry the additional weight, which offsets much of any hoped for gain in flight time. Gaining any appreciable amount of flight time will require at least a couple thousand more mA. Increasing capacity by only 500-700mA will be lucky to provide more than an extra minute of flight time. Exceed a certain weight threshold and a larger battery can cause a loss of flight time over a stock battery.

Consumer drones are not designed to provide power system “headroom” that would permit flexibility in maximum weight. They are set up for peak efficiency pretty much the way they come out of the box. Make it lighter and you can obtain some flight time improvements but making it heavier and you’ve entered the realm of diminishing returns.

If you seek diversity in battery supply you have a much better chance of satisfactory success.

You are absolutely right .
About the weight I choose that battery because is about 570g like the stock.

Yes I am seeking an alternative less expensive battery to obtain 20min. max of fly time.

Last edited:
The adapter works well. Pretty much any battery that will fit in the adapter will power the aircraft just fine as well. Different amp ratings will have minor effects on flight time. High amp count batteries do not appreciably increase flight time because their heavier weight offsets most of an anticipated flight time gain.

Battery brand is not of critical importance as most are equal to or better than any that Yuneec sells. Just choose a battery with a C rating above 10 and under 40.

Do try to obtain the same battery chemistry as what is normally used in the H Plus.

At the end I had many test fly with the Gens Ace 6750mAh HV 100C and I am very very happy, the fly time has been 25min with the "return to home" message and a 26% of charge remained.
The battery was at 15V (each cell 3.75v).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin