Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another ND filter suggestion for C23

Reaction score
Hello,

After doing some research on an affordable set of ND filters that can be used with the C23 camera on my Typhoon H+ (and without going over my budget of EUR 100), I've found the CAENBOO 40.5mm ND filters.
I received the filters today (ordered the 5 filter pack - 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 - with the case, it is the 6in1 40.5mm option), they took almost a month to arrive in Greece but they seem well made and of high quality for the price.
Each filter weighs 6g and together with the H+ 39mm to 40.5mm conversion ring (3g), they add 9g to the camera which does not create much (if any) stress for the camera gimbal motors.

Unfortunately the weather is pretty bad during the last 4 days - and it will continue to be unsuitable for flying until Saturday - with extremely high winds (over 40km/h) and air temperature of over 37C (tomorrow we expect up to 43C!), so I cannot properly test them.
I did manage however to do a small flight on late afternoon with the ND8 filter attached from my terrace, took some pictures and videos but I could not risk flying higher with my H+ with this weather.
The ND8 filter was not a good choice (probably) for the lighting conditions but I was more interested in testing the balance of the camera/gimbal with the filter installed and to check for any vibrations/jello; I did not see any issues with it and no extra balancing was required.
Camera profile was Normal colour and all other settings at auto.

For me this is a "plug 'n' play" solution and it was pretty affordable, paid about EUR 18 (~$20) with shipping.
I am not an expert photographer, if you have any more tips or want me to do any specific tests with them, please feel free to suggest.

Attachments

• YUN_0003.JPG
    YUN_0003.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 20
  • YUN_0004.JPG
    YUN_0004.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 19
  • YUN_0005.JPG
    YUN_0005.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 18
  • YUN_0006.JPG
    YUN_0006.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 20
If they work without counter balance then you should be fine. If however on any occasion the load becomes too much the gimbal will just roll straight down rather than shake. If it does this, adding balance is easy and quick. Glad you got it going, for me ND filters are a must as I shoot a lot of video.

Hello,

After doing some research on an affordable set of ND filters that can be used with the C23 camera on my Typhoon H+ (and without going over my budget of EUR 100), I've found the CAENBOO 40.5mm ND filters.
I received the filters today (ordered the 5 filter pack - 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 - with the case, it is the 6in1 40.5mm option), they took almost a month to arrive in Greece but they seem well made and of high quality for the price.
Each filter weighs 6g and together with the H+ 39mm to 40.5mm conversion ring (3g), they add 9g to the camera which does not create much (if any) stress for the camera gimbal motors.

Unfortunately the weather is pretty bad during the last 4 days - and it will continue to be unsuitable for flying until Saturday - with extremely high winds (over 40km/h) and air temperature of over 37C (tomorrow we expect up to 43C!), so I cannot properly test them.
I did manage however to do a small flight on late afternoon with the ND8 filter attached from my terrace, took some pictures and videos but I could not risk flying higher with my H+ with this weather.
The ND8 filter was not a good choice (probably) for the lighting conditions but I was more interested in testing the balance of the camera/gimbal with the filter installed and to check for any vibrations/jello; I did not see any issues with it and no extra balancing was required.
Camera profile was Normal colour and all other settings at auto.

For me this is a "plug 'n' play" solution and it was pretty affordable, paid about EUR 18 (~$20) with shipping.
I am not an expert photographer, if you have any more tips or want me to do any specific tests with them, please feel free to suggest.
Μανό μόλις κάνεις τεστ πες μου ...!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33