Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another one falls from sky - *UPDATE-Fixed by Yuneec USA-

open

Well that will not help me or any one else wanting to load it into our software for checking for errors but nice try :)

Received the rma and shipping label within an hour of Mr Borders email.. Go to print them and my printers out of ink.. Ay yay yaaay. Well all is printed now and will be shipped in the morning.
And now the waiting begins.. Gonna haveta dust of my 200qx!

Was flying over a river bout 100 feet up maybe 200 away on a full battery. All of a sudden it just drops from the sky. No control at all. Luckily it fell on the river bank about 2 feet from swift water. Camera completely destroyed along with SD card. How much luck has anybody that has had this happen with yuneec fixing theirs?

Yes this happened to me on Sept 11 10 feet over water and 10 feet from shore. No error message as well, jut loss of signal with a message searching for drone. I am waiting a response, please let me know what they say to you. I was 200 feet away as well.

I shipped mine in today after it drove itself into the ground during a curved cable cam mission. Hopefully I get it back before a project on October 1st....

Well...I'm very sorry that this happened, but it's also not an isolated incident. When I had my ST16 black out a couple of weeks ago and drag the Typhoon across a paved parking lot, Yuneec told me I had purposely done it. Wow. Of course I submitted all the proper documentation and telemetry that clearly shows the bird going haywire, and then with it still turned on, walking back to my starting point. Nope not good enough for Yuneec. According to their telemetry analyst I had purposely flown the bird across the paved surface to destroy it. Yeah, the same week I had a presentation to our corporate office about how UAV's will change our inspection services...give me a break. At InterDrone I was less than impressed with the folks at the booth. No help whatsoever. When the unit gets back from repair we'll see how stable she is.

Well...I'm very sorry that this happened, but it's also not an isolated incident. When I had my ST16 black out a couple of weeks ago and drag the Typhoon across a paved parking lot, Yuneec told me I had purposely done it. Wow. Of course I submitted all the proper documentation and telemetry that clearly shows the bird going haywire, and then with it still turned on, walking back to my starting point. Nope not good enough for Yuneec. According to their telemetry analyst I had purposely flown the bird across the paved surface to destroy it. Yeah, the same week I had a presentation to our corporate office about how UAV's will change our inspection services...give me a break. At InterDrone I was less than impressed with the folks at the booth. No help whatsoever. When the unit gets back from repair we'll see how stable she is.
That's no bueno...I would think they would be doing all they could at interdrone

I had the same problem with my "H" it just shut all the motors and fall like a rook, send it to Yuneec and the answer was:

Hello, Mr. Miguel,

"we have flown your Thypoon H copter without mistake 20 minutes. These are all systems OK. All sensors are OK. We have fled theirs copter without gps. flightcontroler is ok. We have selected your Telemtriedaten and have stored. We cannot fancy camera was damaged by her crash nich so strongly. The Copter is damaged less.
We can make an offer to them. One exchange copter with camera for 800 euros. We can also repair the Copter and camera. However, this is u neconomical."

Then when i ask them what happen with the drone, they said :
"Hi Miguel,
we have ascertained in the telemetry data they have flown about gebeude. a lot of metal in gebeude was supposed there. Metal is not well for the compass. Please, about person streets and gebeuden do not fly. we have tested all systems." the thypoon is ok

"Let me start by saying that i´m not the usual guy that bought a drone for the first time and don't know the do's and dont's.
I have a professional business with drones for 6 years. At this moment i have 2 (broken) typhoon's H, 2 Phantom 3 Professionals, 1 Inspire, 1 S900 and 2 Falcom 8.
Before that i have almost 10 years of RC models, i also have several built in drones just for fun of building it and flying it.
So, i m well award of what drones could do, and how should the drones behave.
I chose what drone to fly according to their function and what is the one that could do a better job for that particular work. The Typhoon was my choice, not for the price tag of it, but for what could do.
I have a very good idea of what happen with the Typhoon H, and sorry, the magnetic fields cause by metal in buildings or other places can't justified what the Typhoon did.
As i have told you, i have Falcon 8 class drones and i'm familiar to fly it in less that 4 meters of power lines with 400kv, i also know that i can do it with the Falcon, but i can't be even 25 meters with a Typhoon class drone.
I also know what kind of buildings or structures are more sensible to the compass or GPS module of the drones. That´s what i do for a living, so i have to know this.
I also know that before the flights, i have to do a small inspection to the flying area to detect eventual problems to the flight such as power line cables, buildins, phone antenas, etc... and i know that that particular structure shouldn't be a problem for a Typhoon class drone.
So, when i was flying smoothly, and all of a sudden the 6 motors of the Typhoon stooped and the drone felt out of the sky like a rock and it crash with the camera down, and when i saw in the ST16 the data, i have a very good idea of what happen.
You are right, as you can see the attach file, there were also near, some structures with metal, but i was never near that it could affect the compass. I was to fly much closer to it if the Typhoon dident crash... was part of the job. Also after the Typhoon crash, i fly right beneath and really near all around that structure with a Phanton 3 Pro, less than 5 meters of it.
So, if the Phantom could do it flawless, and the "H" couldn't even fly 25 meters of it... Yuneec as a serious problem.
Also, my English is not so good, so i don't understand what you mean when you say that:
"We have flown your Thypoon H copter without mistake 20 minutes. These are all systems OK. All sensors are OK. We have fled theirs copter without gps. flightcontroler is ok"
Do you really flown with it? The "H" is all broken. How can you do that? have you already repair it?
For 800 Euros i don't want the the Typhoon repair. First of all i don´t think that it was a user error but a Typhoon error, then i don't want a 1000 Euros drone repair. Sorry but i cant take the chances of you didn't notice some failure or welding or whatever , and i have a new failure in the Typhoon. And also, i could bought a new typhoon for 1165 euros with a ST16 controller and a batterie. Thats a NEW completed system with no problems. So sorry, i don´t want my Typhoon repair.
If is your opinion that is a user fail and not a Typhoon failure, please send me back the Typhoon and send me the bild.
Also i have send you the log files of the other drone crash. Please take a look of it. And if you also think that was the user fault, please tell me, because i also don't want to repair that drone, and in that case is no use to send it to you also.
Best regards"

I think that thats a poor service frome Yuneec assistance, and with a complete shut down from the motors, and Yuneec assistance saying that all is fine... that stupid. I cant fly that dorne comercialy not now , not ever!

Here are the log files if you want to take a look.
https://0eyrf0.s.cld.pt

And the picture were i was flying

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
The same thing happened to mine, it just fell 30 ft. to a cement floor. Every thing was smashed the arms, camera, props, and case. Sent it in and 3 or 4 weeks later it was returned like new, not sure it wasn't a new one or just repaired. The only thing I would have liked to know what caused it but then it really wasn't that important they took care of in a very timely and professional manner. Very pleased.

The same thing happened to mine, it just fell 30 ft. to a cement floor. Every thing was smashed the arms, camera, props, and case. Sent it in and 3 or 4 weeks later it was returned like new, not sure it wasn't a new one or just repaired. The only thing I would have liked to know what caused it but then it really wasn't that important they took care of in a very timely and professional manner. Very pleased.

Did you send it to Yuneec UK or Europe?

Sending mine in today. Good to know.

In the promotionvideo on the offical website, the th is flying over metall constructions, right in the city. If you would do the same, it will crash. In free area it works fine.

Hi Guys,

Ive been off the site for a while...got kinda busy. Just wanted to update and give huge KUDOS to Yuneec USA service. They had my H fixed and back to me in 4 days. I was amazed. Shes good as new and flying well!!! Look forward to catching up on the threads.

Reactions: azpilot61

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval