Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H is not waterproof...

I sent them the flight data they said processing time is about one business day they will review it and determine if it was pilot error or manufacturer defect I'm not sure how on earth it wouldn't be but I digress. She also told me that 85% of the time they are able to determine it is a manufactures defect in and they replaced the drone in this case there is nothing to repair as a drone is beyond salvageable when I said it fell onto river Vallentine you a sandbar rive she also told me that 85% of the time they are able to determine it is a manufactures defect in and they replace the drown in this case there is nothing to repair as a drone is beyond salvageable when I said it fell onto river it fell onto a sandbar river pretty shallow no water to brace the impact it nailed the ground and then sat in the running water for about 10 minutes . If they replace the drone I'll be happy but I'm very concerned this will happen on the next one it makes me want to not fly over water at all . Since this is the second drawn I've had from them and I've had issues with both of them I'm really considering getting the DJI and returning this- but we'll see how goes I'll keep you posted once I hear response from the company.
Bro I am sorry for your loss. You seem to b3 exhibiting some sort of PTSD psycosis from thr crash. How many propellers am I holding up?

Bro I am sorry for your loss. You seem to b3 exhibiting some sort of PTSD psycosis from thr crash. How many propellers am I holding up?
Haha, I am just obsessed about it. I had a dream last night I was falling from the sky into a river and the river was full of drones that I had bought. Counseling starts tomorrow morning.

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Like I have said, take a few flight over couple of weeks. Test TH, making sure the drone is set to do what you want it to do. Don't put it over water, don't fly past 300 meters or over 50 meters high. This will set the electronics. Now I'm not an expert but this is my second Yuneec drone. Only problems are camera on both. They have fixed or helped on both. The drones fly great on both. Fly safe.

Haha, I am just obsessed about it. I had a dream last night I was falling from the sky into a river and the river was full of drones that I had bought. Counseling starts tomorrow morning.

Sorry for your loss and hope you get it sorted, with it just dropping into the river my money is defiantly on the battery likely causes, a premature battery failure, battery may have been run too low or to low previously.

I've had a DJI smart battery do exactly the same thing in a phantom but across dry land it just dropped from 20 ft, luckily it only broke one prop, and camera gimbal mounting plate, just a few seconds prior to that the battery was still showing 12.2 volts but a few seconds later it fell out the sky the motors just stopped.

Now this battery had been charged 30 times before since new and never been run below 10.6 volts, it always lasted for 16-17 minutes flight.

I have since recharged this battery it says its fully charged, but in testing this battery when flown just a few feet from the ground the volts can be seen to drop dramatically in the first minute and if I had continued the test it would have just drop to the ground, I have come to my own conclusion my battery has just ceased to perform prematurely after just 30 charges.

Which leads me to think this is what happened to your battery, if you can check the battery by applying a known load and see if the volts drop of quickly to determine the cause of your incident.

I think there are bad batches of batteries. A bad cell, or just simply cannot handle the load. I think the flight times should be better with all of the tech. Maybe an intelligent battery or charger that monitors the health. My flights have been flawless with the exception of the first flight (knock on wood). I just don't trust the battery. I've built a hexa and had it crash because of a bad cell on a battery. It didn't completely power off, but experienced a brown out and wouldn't supple enough power to keep it in the air.

If your battery was down to 14.5v after ten minute easy flying, I'd say the battery is faulty if you are certain you had a full charge.
The QC on these batteries is probably not the best, so unless you are very confident you have good batteries, I would be landed at 14.7v. While flying, watch the rate of voltage drop, because it can be quick especially where it nears the point of the knee in the voltage curve.
Do not go by the claims of flight time, or wait for battery warning.
Can you check the internal resistance of each cell?? I am curious.
My 3 batteries are all sitting at 3milliohms per cell and working flawlessly after about 1 hour flight time each so far. I am landed at 14.6-14.7 volts, not less.
Just my suggestions:)

Reactions: prowavy
If your battery was down to 14.5v after ten minute easy flying, I'd say the battery is faulty if you are certain you had a full charge.
The QC on these batteries is probably not the best, so unless you are very confident you have good batteries, I would be landed at 14.7v. While flying, watch the rate of voltage drop, because it can be quick especially where it nears the point of the knee in the voltage curve.
Do not go by the claims of flight time, or wait for battery warning.
Can you check the internal resistance of each cell?? I am curious.
My 3 batteries are all sitting at 3milliohms per cell and working flawlessly after about 1 hour flight time each so far. I am landed at 14.6-14.7 volts, not less.
Just my suggestions:)
I really wish I could but the battery is with the fish right now and I don't think I'll be able to get it out! That is good information to have. I'm 100% positive it was a full charge so I am betting on faulty battery also after reading your thoughts. Thanks for the input

I really wish I could but the battery is with the fish right now and I don't think I'll be able to get it out! That is good information to have. I'm 100% positive it was a full charge so I am betting on faulty battery also after reading your thoughts. Thanks for the input

Well then, that battery is toast now anyway:D

Please let us know what Yuneec does. Crazy what happened. I also have the Solo and just purchased the Typhoon H because I thought that I wouldn't have to worry as much when flying this drone. You are not the only one that I have read that this has happen. Makes me lose confidence in flying this over water. My Solo took a quick bath in a lake in NY last week with a GoPro Hero 4 Black. I was lucky, and was able to get all of it working again but decide to purchase the Typhoon H. DJI customer service is what kept me from moving to the Phantom 4. Wonder if I made a mistake...

If you have an issue with your drone, you made a mistake, as it is a painful long process for even getting an RMA for repair. I was unlucky and didn't get the option of a replacement unit for my out-of-box failure. If your drone works fine though, enjoy! The thing was fun while it lasted!

Yuneec says... based on the telemetry data this is a manufacturer error, I am shipping the drone in today to be replaced via UPS. They stated that they would first try to repair it; i advised them the battery and camera are literally gone-- the representative then said- "Oh, then yes they will have no choice but to replace." Evidently the H is on back order though, I am satisfied if they are replacing it however.

I am curious about the telemetry data. Are there programs out there which can be used to view the data in any special ways? Thanks...

I don't know if it willwork with the H but it does with the Q500

q500log2kml will read the telemetry files and display different events in different colors.

He has a full users manual with it, it's great.

It will also save it in different formats for use on google earth or dashware etc.

If you have an issue with your drone, you made a mistake, as it is a painful long process for even getting an RMA for repair. I was unlucky and didn't get the option of a replacement unit for my out-of-box failure. If your drone works fine though, enjoy! The thing was fun while it lasted!
I never had any issues with my H but ended up returning it since I felt that the "upgrades" of the Advance model to the Pro model wouldn't put me on par with just buying the Pro model. Since I have two Solos will wait until the Typhoon H Pro is available to purchase.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval