Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another Problem -Just out of warranty too. I'm done with my H

Call yuneec and talk with them.. if you had work done while under warranty and your warranty has just resently expired they will still work with you.. sometimes they will do the repairs but you pay the shipping to get it to them..
Soooo..........where do you stand with this H? I'm curious.

Call yuneec and talk with them.. if you had work done while under warranty and your warranty has just resently expired they will still work with you.. sometimes they will do the repairs but you pay the shipping to get it to them..

I just got off the phone with them. They won't help. They said I have to talk to KAV services in case they warranty their work. My bill is over $150.00. It is so obvious from the telemetry and video the motor was on it's way out before the warranty expired but because I did not specifically cite it as a problem at the time, it's not covered.

Wow what a story!I hate that you put your heart backing up a Chinese company only to be let down.dont give up.our h is the best hex out there for the price.we have the best screen available!have you seen the remote for dji?hang in there.that is some killer footage on the beach!it's what I want to film,but I don't have a car.and I'm forced to take off and land in my small driveway.there are houses,telephone poles,wires,a no fly zone,and aircraft ,including low flying helicopters all over above me.im registered but I fly this way,because I'm not walking to the permitted flying zone.anyway good luck,and you sound like a cool person I'd have been person I'd be proud to fly with!!

Thanks man. My enthusiasm for the H and the company has not dwindled. It's just my particular H I have lost confidence in. I swear she is cursed. Yes, our systems are far more user friendly and convenient (like not having to use your cell phone to fly) but getting no help for my particular issue is disappointing. I have over 75 videos that I have been told look like Yuneec commercials! Should I pull them all? :p

maxresdefault (2).jpg
Soooo..........where do you stand with this H? I'm curious.

Hi Steve! I'm waiting to see what KAV services tells me. I'm hoping they are communication with Yuneec to at least pay for shipping back to me. Some gesture to a loyal "brand ambassador" will help me decide. I took a look at DJI again and for the same price point, I really don't want one. (Phantom 4 Pro) My neighbor, who I inspired to join the hobby is looking at a Power Vision platform. More expensive of course but, I may consider it. Any opinions on the company?

The PowerVision PowerEye drone takes flight with a 4K Micro 4/3 camera - Newsshooter

looking at a Power Vision platform
From my perspective, the jury is still out on PowerVision. I've watched their video samples and I was underwhelmed, at least so far. Posting video at 1080p with a low bit rate? Why? Add to that, the pilot seemed to have difficulty maintaining altitude and the flights are a bit jerky.
At this point, I'm waiting to see what lands on the table with the H+. I'm prepping some of my H's to move out of the hanger to make room. I'm just not sure on the direction yet. Regardless, I'll still rely on the H for the near future. I'm comfortable with it, I know the limitations and I still prefer the hex platform.

I'm curious what KAV will do, if anything. They have made considerable headway improving their service and turnaround time. I'm still confused by the relationship with Yuneec. It sounds like they have the Yuneec techs working out of their facility. It's curious that I hear better reports about KAV while seeing Yuneec CS continuing to have an attitude problem. Keep us posted.

Just to clear things up,I fly in my driveway.not in a no Fly zone.im under 20 feet.i wouldn't fly illegally.it sucks when you want to take your h out places and can't .

I was able to retract the gear partially before she hit the rocks!

M5

I am failing to understand why you would try to retract the gear in the face of an imminent crash. To my way of thinking, the landing gear will absorb some of the crash forces and maybe reduce some of the damage to the camera. Retracting the gear may save the arms but will fully expose the camera. I recognize that retracting the gear may prevent damage to the gear motors but, speaking from experience, the camera is my first priority. I can guarantee you that regardless of whether the gear is up or down the camera is going to take a hit. It is a matter of how badly.

I was able to retract the gear partially before she hit the rocks!
M5
I am failing to understand why you would try to retract the gear in the face of an imminent crash. To my way of thinking, the landing gear will absorb some of the crash forces and maybe reduce some of the damage to the camera. Retracting the gear may save the arms but will fully expose the camera. I recognize that retracting the gear may prevent damage to the gear motors but, speaking from experience, the camera is my first priority. I can guarantee you that regardless of whether the gear is up or down the camera is going to take a hit. It is a matter of how badly.
I suspect this is simply a terminology gaff. I took that to mean he was putting the gear down.

Hey bud, I understand your frustrated, and I would be too!

Contact me if you can't get any help with your repair from Yuneec, I do this repair on a daily basis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my