Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Antenna truth

Reaction score
Hello, about to order the ITELITE DBS for the ST16 for my H and the 2 antenna kit for the drone itself. Do these work? Thanks

Yes I just purchased the brand new Itelite DBS05.6B the 3 Antenna model. I'm planning on doing the 2 external antenna mod to my H as well except instead of using relatively small antennas I'll be adding 2 larger 7dBi antennas plus 1 or 2 micro antenna boosters along with signal filters. & I've been trying to find out how to best mod the 5.8Ghz antenna on the H because it is inside of the camera gimbal so it plays a role in it self-balancing but if you know anything please share. Also if you currently have the 2 antenna ST16 , you may want to think about doing the 3rd antenna mod for your st16 adding the 3rd antenna to the outside of the case & then buy the IteLite DBS for the triple antennas because when it comes to needing increased signal it is our 5.8ghz system cuz that is what feeds in our video.

I have a 2 Antenna ST16 and the original H. I modded the H with the two external antenna's purchased from Carolina Dronz. I use the FPVLR 2.4 and 5.8ghz extenders. I flew today to 2,500 ft without any breakup of signal or loss of telemetry. I have gone to 4,000ft @ 350ft alt over water/marsh without issue which is about the limit of VLOS. I'm thinking about modding the ST-16 to the 3 antenna standard but so far I've been good without it. Most of my waypoint missions only go downrange 3-4min which is 2,500-3,500 ft each way.

I've been pretty happy with my FPVLR antenna set, but I also have the antenna mod ( for both the ST16 and the H) and the Itelite in the mail. Every now and then my video or telemetry will become 'questionable' so I'm hoping the new kit will fix this. Hoping to have it soon.

I use the dual input Itelite DBS on my ST16 with no mods on my H. I got 4000ft at 150ft up before getting choppy video.

Casey,
At the top of the page is a search function.
If you search on "Antennas" you will find several post on different antenna set ups that have been tried. There is even one showing how to do the Pro antenna mod.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
I have the standard Typhoon H and so am using the dual antenna Itelite booster.
However, I still have choppy video if I fly behind some trees at less than 200-300 ft away.
Is this normal?

I find any obstruction causes choppy video, no matter which antennas I use. I think this is normal.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Another question about antenna's. Would there be a circumstance where the factory antenna's would work better than the itelite?

I have heard that the factory antenna's are more directional while the itelite is more omni-directional.

Another question about antenna's. Would there be a circumstance where the factory antenna's would work better than the itelite?

I have heard that the factory antenna's are more directional while the itelite is more omni-directional.
In my experience the itelite antenna is very directional. I always have to keep it pointed at my H.

In my experience the itelite antenna is very directional. I always have to keep it pointed at my H.
Okay, that is good to know. Thanks!

Even if you do the mod that gives you 3 external it works great. Here's a video of my Pro breaking 1.2 miles no sweat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold