Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

antennas

Reaction score
my h3 comes with a 5 ghz antenna (that's what is listed on specs) attached to the St16. In the box of accessories there is a spare antenna that is called a 5.8 ghz patch antenna - if i change out will it improve performance?

It can increase range under ideal circumstances. The increased range comes at a high price in useability for most flying. The patch has to be kept pointed directly at the aircraft at all times or you will lose the signal. Sometimes hard to do if moving and watching the screen a lot. Most don't use it. Mainly for special case flights flying at extreme distances with a clear line of sight.

Reactions: DoomMeister
It can increase range under ideal circumstances. The increased range comes at a high price in useability for most flying. The patch has to be kept pointed directly at the aircraft at all times or you will lose the signal. Sometimes hard to do if moving and watching the screen a lot. Most don't use it. Mainly for special case flights flying at extreme distances with a clear line of sight.
thanks - since i am a recreational user for photographer purposes i am looking at st16 a lot so patch antenna would not be beneficial to me - plus my license is limited

By saying “my license is limited” do you mean you are just registered with the FAA as a recreational pilot?

Both Recreational and §107 are limited to Visual Line of Sight (VLOS) unless they are flying with a waiver that allows BVLOS. This means you should be able to look up from the ST16 and be able to see your aircraft for having situational awareness of the airspace around your aircraft.

you are correct - i have set my height limits to around 100 feet. yes i can look away from st16 for checking airspace around aircraft - can also let aircraft hoover with hands off st16 joy sticks to concentrate on taking photos and videos - stable aircraft from what i have experience - just in turtle mode

Do you use RTH to bring the aircraft back and land, or do you manually bring it back and land?

If you ever experience trouble bringing the aircraft down and getting the props to idle down after landing place the Rate slider on the right side to the rabbit position before trying to land. Use gentle down throttle when landing until the craft is on the ground then use full throttle down until the props go to idle speed.

have not tried the RTH yet since i fly within site of aircraft and do use the rate slider primarily in the very slow range for just about everything

The slow range is great for doing smooth cinematic photography.

The reason I brought up being in rabbit when landing is the motors not idling down when in turtle position, but if you are not having that problem then that is a good thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430