Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anybody ever change out the lens on the CGO4?

Reaction score
As a UAS operator, I'm a good videographer. Like still photographers I'm lens obsessed. I've spent $7,000 on a special wide angle on one of my broadcast cameras. I discovered that the CGO4 is a Panasonic 4/3 camera. Referred to as a four-thirds. I found a website that has several 4/3 lenses and one I'm seriously considering risking $240 on. It's a Panasonic 12-60mm f/3.5-6.5 ASPH Autofocus lens. This would give me a wider wide and a longer long without significant extra weight. There are 'bigger' lenses, but they look to be considerably heavier which could affect both the gimbal and flying time.

Any body have any thoughts? It's only $240 and I paid about $3500 when I bought this thing new.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
It is quiet a while ago but if I remember correctly, the CGO4 is an adapted GH4. Therefore I do not see any difficulties with using another lens. Actually there were several commonly used lenses around. Like the ones with 12mm and 45mm fixed focal length.

What you have to mind is that it is mandatory to maintain the center of gravity (at least roughly). A too heavy lens will interfere with the stabilization. From what I found on the Internet it seems like the lens weighs about 95g. The lens you suggested on the other hand weighs about 210g. Therefore it is likely too cause some difficulties.

I am not 100% sure but I think the original Yuneec lens is very likely to be identical to the Panasonic H-PS14042E LUMIX G VARIO PZ 14-42 mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. and therefore I used its technical data to dtermine the weight. Maybe you want to weigh it yourself.

you have to be careful, the weight of a simple sun visor is already a problem... confirmed by Yuneec DE!

You should be able to Counterbalance the Camera by adding some Stick-On Lead weights to the back of the CGO4 Camera, balance the Camera with the Power Off, and make sure any added weight doesn't interfere with the Full Range of movement of the Camera Body.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval