Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anybody Used The GIFI Battery?

Reaction score
Sooo...I have two bricked batteries. Carolinadronz and Vertigo Drones are sold out. I can get them via Amazon for the same price from Yuneec; I was going to see if either one of these vendors could get them to me faster.

When searching, this came up on Amazon:

GIFI POWER YUNEEC H520 Battery 7900mAh 4s 15.2v Upgrade Lipo Battery for YUNEEC H520 $116.98

The original factory battery is: 5250mAh 4s/15.2V (79.8Wh)

There's one review total on Amazon, and it's positive. Here's the link to the product:

https://www.amazon.com/GIFI-POWER-B...8938939&sr=8-3&keywords=yuneec+h520+batteries

Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?

Just wondered if anyone else has seen this, and your thoughts on it. I realize that Yuneec, much like DJI says if you use 3rd party batteries (or anything for that matter), your warranty could be null and void.

I just found it curious that this one is available. BTW, the Gifi Power website is sketchy AF, IMO.

I’ve heard that the GIFI batteries were of much poorer quality than other 3rd party batteries. I’d like the idea of a higher capacity battery but what do you do if it swells whilst in the airframe? A seen another poster here have that problem and he had to disassemble it to remove the faulty battery.

Perhaps look for H+ batteries as it’s an almost identical airframe with high voltage batteries. They’ll be a different colour but I hear they go for less money.

I have heard of another brand with 3rd party batteries but perhaps another poster could remember its name... as it’s not coming to mind now. Or look through the H+ forum.

I'd like to know how reliable they are. That link only has ONE review but it's a 5 star one so that's a plus.

I'll have to research the H+ batteries and see how they work in the H520 airframe.

Reactions: morry
I'd like to know how reliable they are. That link only has ONE review but it's a 5 star one so that's a plus.

I'll have to research the H+ batteries and see how they work in the H520 airframe.
H+ and 520 batteries are the same battery, only the color is changed to match the craft.

Reactions: BigAl07
I own two with each having been used from full to 25% at least a dozen times each. No complaints and I have a third one on order.

The only thing that must be BS is the mAh. It says it has significantly more than Yuneec's, but the flight time is more or less the same. It also while it says 7900 mAh at 15.2v, but it does not list the Watt Hours. So suspect it is just false adverting.

That being said, it is a totally acceptable, and much more economical, option than buying from Yuneec directly. However, a word of caution if you have a catastrophic failure and that battery was the power source at that time Yuneec may try and weasel out by saying it was related to using after market parts. Just a guess.

I own two with each having been used from full to 25% at least a dozen times each. No complaints and I have a third one on order.

The only thing that must be BS is the mAh. It says it has significantly more than Yuneec's, but the flight time is more or less the same. It also while it says 7900 mAh at 15.2v, but it does not list the Watt Hours. So suspect it is just false adverting.

That being said, it is a totally acceptable, and much more economical, option than buying from Yuneec directly. However, a word of caution if you have a catastrophic failure and that battery was the power source at that time Yuneec may try and weasel out by saying it was related to using after market parts. Just a guess.

On the mAh of Yuneec OEM and 3rd party. I've seen 3rd party H520 / Plus 15.2v batteries listed up to 8200mAh rating.
As time has past, has anyone explored other battery options in the 15.2v that are listed above OEM mAh or with the 14.7v ?
In comparing the 15.2 vs the 14.7, have you noticed any significant difference. Even if flight time is about equal, do you feel you're obtaining better performance when increasing stick with the 15.2v pak? If not noticing any significant improvement or duration, what is the benefit using the 15.2v over the 14.7v ?

Getting close to acquiring a H520 and curious on the battery options.

Has anyone done a more scientific comparison on flight times with alternative batteries? I only read about people flying with batteries and they 'feel' like lasting longer.

Last edited:
Yes people have done that, however conditions need to be exactly the same.
Batteries do discharge differently, depending on how well they have been taken care of. New purchased batteries can discharge quicker because of the age of the battery.
Scientifically well....... IMO,

You are right, comparing it exactly the same way is diffcult. But any data would be helpful :)

I've been running them for about 6-8 months and they are far superior to the OEM. No puffing yet and obviously more run time with the upped capacity. Even though I am on this site all the time now I just came across this thread while buying another one. I compared side-by-side in the DY5 charger and can confirm an extra 2500mah.

I did not test the Gifi 15.2V battery for the H520 yet.

But I have flown the H520 with the Gifi 14.7V - 8.050mAh for the TH480.

Those work also very well on the H520. Gives me more or less the same flight time like with the OEM (with camera approx. 25 min down to 15%, consuming approx. 6.300mAh).

I did not test the Gifi 15.2V battery for the H520 yet.

But I have flown the H520 with the Gifi 14.7V - 8.050mAh for the TH480.

Those work also very well on the H520. Gives me more or less the same flight time like with the OEM (with camera approx. 25 min down to 15%, consuming approx. 6.300mAh).
No ill effects from running the lower voltage cells? What autopilot version were you running?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33