Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GIFI Battery

Reaction score
20200630_115747.jpg
In case anyone is interested there are eight (8) cells in a 7900mAh 4s H520 battery. I had a 6 month old one die on me in flight! Not a good thing! I have/had 2 that worked fine in my PLUS. Was getting a true 19 minutes prior to the crash at 14 minutes.
Minimal damage, except for the camera. She flew fine on Sunday.
Before you ask, yes all my batteries are properly maintained.

I've heard both good and bad experience with these batts. A few reports were exactly like yours. I'm beginning to think the aftermarket tray to use an off the shelf batt may be the best solution.

Reactions: oldcaptainrusty
Would love to see the other end of the battery. Whether or not it has a protection board, what type spacers are used to avoid terminal contact, how much general support is there, whether there is any metal under the label to protect against puncture.

I've heard both good and bad experience with these batts. A few reports were exactly like yours. I'm beginning to think the aftermarket tray to use an off the shelf batt may be the best solution.

I am currently working on a solution (for me anyway) of using an aftermarket battery. If it works out, I'll post. Have that tray but am not that impressed.
Ps hotter ? than you know what down here!

Would love to see the other end of the battery. Whether or not it has a protection board, what type spacers are used to avoid terminal contact, how much general support is there, whether there is any metal under the label to protect against puncture.

I can get back to you on that but can tell you NO board, like on OEM's.
Had one cell, or should I say two? drop to 1 volt in seconds. By the time I realized I couldn't get her on the ground fast enough. Not RTH, just on the ground.

Tom, I had cut the connector off prior to your request for more photos. I'm know battery manufacturing expert but looks like a cold sodering joint may have failed. Sloppy looking anyway.
NO sign of a puncher protection plate either.
I did reach out to GIFI a week ago about my failure but no reply from them! Not that I expected much for a 6 month old battery. I sure won't recommend GIFI to anyone.20200630_134033.jpg20200630_134018.jpg

Tom, I had cut the connector off prior to your request for more photos. I'm know battery manufacturing expert but looks like a cold sodering joint may have failed. Sloppy looking anyway.
NO sign of a puncher protection plate either.
I did reach out to GIFI a week ago about my failure but no reply from them! Not that I expected much for a 6 month old battery. I sure won't recommend GIFI to anyone.View attachment 22477View attachment 22478
Hi Dave. I'm not only shocked but horrified to see what has happened to your GiFi battery. I've been so impressed with my GiFi battery and been recommending them to others here on the forum.
Please keep us informed as to what GiFi has to say regarding this please.
Cheers.
Mike

Reactions: Aaron k
Informative pics. Thanks.
No hardboard terminal separators. Did they at least have the gummy foam pieces to keep the terminals apart?
Your experience is similar to the one time I used GIFI. It worked GREAT. Until it didn't. All at once. I was lucky and was just beginning to lift off. Like you, I took it apart, and was disappointed in the lack of materials inside when compared to other batteries I had seen. That was a while back, and was on a Q500 battery. I'd seen both good and bad reviews, and was wondering if GIFI had stepped up a little when supplying the larger batteries. Does not seem to be the case.

Hi Dave. I'm not only shocked but horrified to see what has happened to your GiFi battery. I've been so impressed with my GiFi battery and been recommending them to others here on the forum.
Please keep us informed as to what GiFi has to say regarding this please.
Cheers.
Mike

Mike, I too was happy with my 2 GIFI batteries up until now. I can deal with a bad battery after 6 months but not the repairs to a C23 camera. The solder joint in the center of the battery between cells looks bad to me, cracked.
Not sure if I'll use my other GIFI battery or not.

Informative pics. Thanks.
No hardboard terminal separators. Did they at least have the gummy foam pieces to keep the terminals apart?
Your experience is similar to the one time I used GIFI. It worked GREAT. Until it didn't. All at once. I was lucky and was just beginning to lift off. Like you, I took it apart, and was disappointed in the lack of materials inside when compared to other batteries I had seen. That was a while back, and was on a Q500 battery. I'd seen both good and bad reviews, and was wondering if GIFI had stepped up a little when supplying the larger batteries. Does not seem to be the case.

Tom, yes there were gummy foam pieces between the cells, I had removed them before picture was taken.
They are definitely cheaper, the plastic is thinner and the spring on the latch is nowhere as strong as the OEM's.
I had replaced the spring using one from an OEM battery.

I'm working on a alternative battery for our H's.
Wish me luck, I just ordered one of these, hoping it will fit our battery bay.

If it does, more details later.
Hint:
XT60 Connection-1.jpgXT60 Connection-1.jpg

Did some old school flying today, testing a generic battery & wiring modifications in my PLUS. Without a camera working on time and voltage. 20200705_114511.jpg

Hey,
Just got a GIFI 7900 h520 battery and am not sure whether to use it or not. Should this thread was opened before me ordering the battery with Chinese I would rather never bought it. Sounding of the message is rather scary.

In case I decide to give it a try pls. let me be clear about this battery. Originul one is high voltage lipo (LIHV) and as such requires that a charger provides for charging it.

Understand that GIFI is a standard lipo and shoul not be charged at lihv mode, right?

I charge original battery at 4 Amps. What would be right for GIFI?

Thanks for advice.
Pawel20200731_170545.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss