Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone else have issues this weekend?

Reaction score
Flew both my Typhoon H's this weekend and it was not a good experience. Both were calibrated, so I'm not sure what the issue was. Did anyone else experience this?

Art

More details ???
Do you suspect a GPS issue? Do you want to upload a flight log so we can see what was happening?

Flew both my Typhoon H's this weekend and it was not a good experience. Both were calibrated, so I'm not sure what the issue was. Did anyone else experience this?

Art
I know that this weekend there was a strong solar storm, I did not fly because I am in the hospital, but if I had been at home I would not have done it.

• Wow
Reactions: Steve Carr
I know that this weekend there was a strong solar storm, I did not fly because I am in the hospital, but if I had been at home I would not have done it.
That could have been it, My KP index here was a 4, but I did notice that there were only 12 - 14 sats. showing. It was much worse earlier last week with a KP of 5 and only 9 - 12 sats. visible. Didn't fly those days.

Which problem ?
Just acting odd, refusing to land. Push forward and it goes sideways. 30ft off the ground and with Obstacle Avoidance on in a open area it would fly forward and stop with the warning. Also the Alt. was off, on the ground it was saying alt was -36.4ft. I'd fly up and it would slowly correct to the proper altitude but only after hovering there for about 2 min.

Tried flying with no fly zone unlock for the first time in a couple of years, FAA authorization received but unable to take off. Did my unlock expire or might it be something else?

Thanks

When it refuse landing, i think about the distance between typhoon and the controler, it need more than 8 meters. Less it can make strange things. I think too the typhoon were in holidays since a long time, (don't touch the controler), only the typhoon for 1 to 30 minutes with full battery to get new GPS list, then switch off the typhoon.
In my city in Europe we don't need to calibrate when typhoon fly in the same department, but just if it cross the country. On your open area the obstacle avoidance is not necessary. About the Alt, the value -36,4ft is a surprise for me.

If your controller was in a no fly zone you would have seen a warning on the screen.
How many satellites were showing for the H and the controller?
I got the warning on screen with (if I recall right) more than 14 satellites each. As near as I can figure at this point, I have a firmware/license files mismatch.

@Yuneec Skins may be able to give you some direction on how to check the firmware.
Have you downloaded the GUI to your computer for the Typhoon H?
Yessir, GUI installed years back, TyphoonH flies as I expect it to, have yet to nick a blade, it's just this one little thing about being locked out of nfz when I have the unlock firmware installed. Didn't have a project that wanted it until now, and since my next trip to the nfz in question will have used $100 in gas... We'll get 'er done. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval