Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

App crashes when trying to use controller

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is unable to use the controller because it causes the app to time out and crash to desktop or if anyone has suggestions on how to correct it? I can use the phone still for pilot mode etc, just no remote.

Same here..app freezes immediately in controller mode...this is both on android and mac platforms...

Just wondering if anyone else is unable to use the controller because it causes the app to time out and crash to desktop or if anyone has suggestions on how to correct it? I can use the phone still for pilot mode etc, just no remote.

I have read on here that some controllers need to be firmware updated before they will function correctly. Look at recent threads on this forum.

Got nothing to do with upgrading the controller firmware...did it and it still does the same in controller mode...nothing...the app needs fixin...and seeing how they are being sold at such a low price now, I don't think that there will be anymore app updates unless there is an app maker like Litchi that may want to throw their hands in it...at a price...lolzz... would be worth it ...IMHO...

Got nothing to do with upgrading the controller firmware...did it and it still does the same in controller mode...nothing...the app needs fixin...and seeing how they are being sold at such a low price now, I don't think that there will be anymore app updates unless there is an app maker like Litchi that may want to throw their hands in it...at a price...lolzz... would be worth it ...IMHO...

Hmm. A lot of people like me are doing okay with the controller. And I didn’t have to update at all. But I didn’t buy the el cheapie batch from Walmart. Maybe you need to ask for a replacement controller from Yuneec. They’re not all defective. When it works, and mine does consistently, it is dirt cheap fun. But I am sorry for all the frustration that many users are experiencing. Here’s to happy flights in 2018.

The controller binds to both tablet and phone without a problem...its the app that crashes in controller mode...interesting enough I tried a third tablet...an off brand asian P80...it progressed into the controller app but did not bind...could not use the wifi on it because it was probably single band so it did not recognize the drone wifi...

I have the same crash problem when using my iPhone 5c. I enter the controller mode in the app then swipe to continue and the app crashes back to the phones home screen.

So I tried using my iPhone 5s and everything pairs up and allows me to fly with the controller. Much smoother than using the touch screen.

I did notice differences in the permissions the app requested between the two phones. On the 5c the app wanted access to photos and location services. On the 5s it also wanted access to the camera and cellular data. The cellular data would be for live streaming to social media.

I have contacted Yuneec support to see if they can explain the differences in the app's behavior between the two phones. Both are using iOS 10.3.3.

The controller binds to both tablet and phone without a problem...its the app that crashes in controller mode...interesting enough I tried a third tablet...an off brand asian P80...it progressed into the controller app but did not bind...could not use the wifi on it because it was probably single band so it did not recognize the drone wifi...

I understand now. Thanks. FWIW, I have an iPhone 7 and the app runs fine on that. I understand that’s probably not much help. They should make it clear which phones and tablets are truly compatible.

Bless you DoomMeister! I too have the crash on my iphone 5C. Thanks for clearing this up. Maybe I need to get another phone for the Breeze? Do we have a list of phones that work with the controller? Id like to buy a cheap android just for FPV use with the Breeze. I think Im done with iphones

Bless you DoomMeister! I too have the crash on my iphone 5C. Thanks for clearing this up. Maybe I need to get another phone for the Breeze? Do we have a list of phones that work with the controller? Id like to buy a cheap android just for FPV use with the Breeze. I think Im done with iphones
I am using a Huawei Ascend XT2 and it connects to the Breeze and controller every time. I tried an iPhone 5c and had the same problems others have had with the App crashing when I tried to use the controller. I got my Breeze at Walmart for what it is worth.

Reactions: helijim
I am using a Huawei Ascend XT2 and it connects to the Breeze and controller every time. I tried an iPhone 5c and had the same problems others have had with the App crashing when I tried to use the controller. I got my Breeze at Walmart for what it is worth.

The only difference I’ve seen between Walmart and other stores is that the Breeze was about $130 less at Walmart. For the complaints I’ve seen on the Forum I sure wouldn’t want to pay that much more it. So far the problems I’ve encountered have been no different than with most consumer grade electronics. A lot of bugs never get seen until the product is released to the public.

I bought the Breeze to learn flying with a drone that could handle flying in wind and that had HD video capability, yet not break the bank. I’m looking forward to more flying in the future.

Quick afterthought from a new guy to this thread: the app crashes when I try to use the controller with my older Samsung S4. Something about the GameSir Bluetooth connect that doesn't want to work properly with the Android 4.4.2 on the S4. Works great on the newer Samsung S7. Older operating system on the S4 to blame, I believe.

Yuneec Support finally answered 3 weeks after query submission. They stated that the Bluetooth is an earlier implementation on the 5c than on the 5s. I finally found a FAQ on one of their sites that said compatible with iPhone 5s and above.

The funny thing is the 5c and 5s are both Bluetooth 4.0 devices. The only difference has to be the Apple SDK used to develop the BreezeCam app.

MEC9900,
Thank you for recommending the Ascend XT2 phone!! It works great; in fact I dumped my iphone for it. So the XT2 is my drone controller and my regular phone. Awesome value. Its about the same size as the iphone 6s plus and does everything i need to do. At $89 for the XT2 for AT&T service or $65 for the Elate for Cricket service (same phone), you can't beat this deal. Much appreciated for sharing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval