Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

B&H Photo - PayBoo Acct - State Tax discounted USD

Reaction score
Just a quick share for those that may have been unaware as myself...
(posted in other forum, thought I'd add it here too)

With all the Internet Sites now collecting State Tax; I recently noticed that B&H Photo offers a method to receive your State Tax back in form of instant discount.
They have a Internal store card called the PayBoo Card (Internal Store Credit Card). When purchasing items, using the PayBoo card you get all your State Tax returned at the time of checkout. eBay and B&H started collecting early 2019, Adorama and many Others recently started Jan 2020 per new regulation.

B&H do "collect" state tax as required, but they provide a discount "equal" to the State Tax applied.

The catch... it's zero interest applied if you pay in full by bill due date, otherwise it's a hefty 29.9% interest charge.
If large purchase, a tactic would be to purchase with PayBoo to obtain Tax saving, then turn around and pay off total, or pay off by transferring debt with PayPal Credit or other low interest CC.

For my State... that's a 7% savings on my purchases.
Nice perk when others now apply tax.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Yup.

Saw this awhile back. Did not bite until I actually needed some significant purchases. (A couple hundred bucks is significant in my world.)

So far so good, as long as paying off the card on time is strictly followed. (Good reminder.)

Looking forward to saving a good chunk of change, should the H3 pan out, the 920E becomes reality, or I just need a new camera!

Jeff

Reactions: Dougcjohn
Yup.

Saw this awhile back. Did not bite until I actually needed some significant purchases. (A couple hundred bucks is significant in my world.)

So far so good, as long as paying off the card on time is strictly followed. (Good reminder.)

Looking forward to saving a good chunk of change, should the H3 pan out, the 920E becomes reality, or I just need a new camera!

Jeff
Couldn't agree more... a few hundred makes a difference in budget and... the next purchase timeframe.
I moved over to Adorama last year when B&H started to apply Tax... then Adorama went this January.
I asked if they had plans to offer something similar and they stated they had no intentions to discount the Tax back.
So, it's back to B&H primarily... 7% makes a difference.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval