Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Backpack and batteries received - photos

Reaction score
20160505_104810~2.jpg 20160505_104822_HDR~2.jpg 20160505_105012~2.jpg Okay, I went to my Post Office to get my mail, took some quick photos. The backpack seems huge and I wondered if it was carry-on compliant, measured roughly as 19" x 14" x 12". I know some are interested in battery terminals, so photos shown of those.

Reactions: HarveyC
Congrats!! That bag does look pretty large. Jealous still though

I'd be jealous if he got the Typhoon H Drone…… Congrats on getting accessories. Please let us know when you get a tracking number for the TH.

I've got a Backpack and Battery on order but are useless to me until I get something to use them with :\ I told the dealer to ship them all at once...

From your photo it would appear the foam insert is not included. I was hoping the backpack came with a foam insert... then I'd have two (one from the Typhoon H box and one with the backpack). My plan was to modify one of them.

From your photo it would appear the foam insert is not included. I was hoping the backpack came with a foam insert... then I'd have two (one from the Typhoon H box and one with the backpack). My plan was to modify one of them.[/QUOT

I was hoping for the same thing, and at 150 for the pack with no other insert it is a little high. I already ordered mine, but if i had know ahead i would of just gone out and found a pack the insert fits in for alot cheaper.

From your photo it would appear the foam insert is not included. I was hoping the backpack came with a foam insert... then I'd have two (one from the Typhoon H box and one with the backpack). My plan was to modify one of them.
The Australian guy that gave the unboxing video pointed out that we needed to keep the foam insert from our Typhoon H to put into the backpack so I knew that when I ordered it.

150 is definitely high for an empty backpack. I plan on making something work once I receive the H.

I agree….how much do those foam inserts cost?!? I bet there will be plenty that toss it out with the box shortly after they get their drones and then stuck. WE know better now…

While it is a custom backpack (and I ordered one), the $150 seems a little steep without it being a full case with foam. My Go Professional case, Pelican style (waterproof) with die cut foam AND wheels was about $180 for my Phantom. I see DJI backpacks for about $90 online. Perhaps Yuneec's will drop in price once they get readily available.

I agree. I think eventually there will be some nice after market bags that fit the foam insert at a low cost. Others will just find any old bag that fits the foam to save some $$.

The $90 hardshell DJI case looks very similar…But, without dimensions it's hard to tell. I also think pulling a Yuneec drone out of a DJI bag could have its problems….LOL

But, gotta protect the investment. Not ready to spend $375 on a Pelican type case for the TH

I have a foam cut to fit place close to my house so I may go out buy hard case and have them custom cut an insert for traveling

I think this is a pricey bakcpack but worth it for me as it will protect my investment and make it convenient to carry on my back, leaving my hands free. I have a Pelican case for camera gear but don't use that to carry out to the field.

Reactions: DroneClone
I agree that knowing now that it does not bring its own foam insert is disappointing and over priced. I am also disappointed at the fact that it is not carryon compliant. I am taking a vacation soon and wanted to take it with me and have eyes on it at all times, I do not feel comfortable checking it in =-(.

I ordered a backpack because once I get the copter I'll detest carrying it around in pieces; bought the H to be able to carry it all in one bag.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval