Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Backpack for Q500

Reaction score
Anyone know of a backpack big enough to take the Q500 without having to remove the blades?

Anyone know of a backpack big enough to take the Q500 without having to remove the blades?
emailed yuneec the other day and asked the same thing, reply was There is a Backpack for the Q500 Drone, part number YUNQ4KBP001 with a retail of £29.99 they are due February.
hope this helps
Mike G

Blades/props will need to be removed to fit correctly. YUNQ4KBP001 is the correct part number as mentioned above. $64.99.

Attachments

• back pack.jpg
    back pack.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 61
emailed yuneec the other day and asked the same thing, reply was There is a Backpack for the Q500 Drone, part number YUNQ4KBP001 with a retail of £29.99 they are due February.
hope this helps
Mike G
Thanks for info Mike, seems I will still have to remove the props. I know its easy but once fittted I dont like to disturb them. Will keep looking for a backpack to suit.

What we really need is a hard-case backpack. I don't think I would ever risk hanging my $1500 quad on my back, exposed to the elements and risk of total destruction when I slip and fall on a rock. It would be worth paying extra for. YUNEEC, are you listening?

There is a backpack at Carolina Dronez for $119. Yuneec Back Pack for your Q500 Q500+ Q500-4k TyphoonG

Frank said they are out of stock but should have them back in stock within a week or so. Seems like a better option. I agree that the branded Yuneec backpack is a dodgy way to carry around an expensive aerial platform.
Great, but do have to remove the props to get the drone into the bag, looks good but no sizes.

Just looked at the pic's of the back pack again and you will have to remove props first, not for me, I want a backpack that is big enough to hold my Q500 without having to remove the props.

Last edited:
The Q500 is a Beast, and wider than the average person back. Hardshell backpack would be cumbersome in width and depth as well as unbalanced weight (center of gravity going way out there).

Choose the right tool for the job. The Q500 is not something that I would pack on a mountain climbing trip, or an extended hike through a dense forest just to take pictures.

At best, just hit anyplace that sells backpacks and get one that will allow the landing gear to straddle it, a couple of bungee cords, or some paracord and tie it down to the pack. If you are worried about debris and elements, put it in a pillowcase or other sack treated to repel water first, then strap it down.

Here is what a member on another forum does with his, and he goes in some pretty interesting places.
a8624063-22-%E6%9C%AA%E5%91%BD%E5%90%8D.jpg

Finally found a suitable sized backpack, turns out, I can use the backpack I use for my inflatable Kayak, just need to buy the foam to pack it out and I will be able to transport my Quad without having to remove the props. Result!!

Cudders, definitely would like to see some pictures once you get your backpack settle with your Q500. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval