Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Batteries for the battery tray

Ralphy's battery tray with the Multistar 8000 4S LiPO locks solidly into place...even moreso than the stock battery. Pulling it out is no problem, you just have to push down a bit on the back as you pull since there is a small raised latch on the tray itself. Great pack, and I also get 24 minutes. Also, just FYI...QuadCam makes a tray that comes with the two Dean's connectors...a very nice looking tray as well. However, it shows to be on backorder so no telling when it may become available.
I bought the multistar lihv 6600 mah and get about same time as stock battery. The batteries were 40 on hobbyking. Just another option for batter choice.

Bill W.

I feel it my duty to remind you posters here of the risk you run by using LiHv batteries in your Typhoon product, made even riskier by the fact you're considering the Multistar brand.

Reactions: abinder
Nic,
The battery tray you are using, how well does it lock into place?
Is it hard to remove after flight?
The battery tray I am using is the Quadcam. The battery tray locked solid in place. You don't have to worry about it coming loose during flight. After flight, the battery tray can easily be remove by just lightly pushing down on the tray and pulling it out. The one thing that worries me is my soldering worked. I just hope that one of the wire doesn't come loose from the connector during flight.

Have to figure a way to recenter the CG. I am thinking maybe a small lead weight on the nose somewhere. Would love to know just how far to the rear the CG can be before you risk the FC not being able to compensate. But I like the idea of better cheaper batteries.

Have to figure a way to recenter the CG. I am thinking maybe a small lead weight on the nose somewhere. Would love to know just how far to the rear the CG can be before you risk the FC not being able to compensate. But I like the idea of better cheaper batteries.
The CG is not off by much with the battery tray. I did a balance test by lifting the the TH up using one finger from each of my hands to both center arms of the TH and it only tipped back a little. With the stock battery the TH is perfectly balance.

I am still surprised, that there are not 3rd party plug and play batteries for the Typhoon H out there yet.
I have even given thought once the warranty is up on my H of modifying it to accept the EC connector directly and not even use the tray. Still have to figure a way to lock it in.

Last edited:
I am still surprised, that there are not 3rd party plug and play batteries for the Typhoon H out there yet.
I have even given though once the warranty is up on my H of modifying it to accept the EC connector directly and not even use the tray. Still have to figure a way to lock it in.
I heard venom was supposed to make one bit not sure

Bill W.

I have even given though once the warranty is up on my H of modifying it to accept the EC connector directly and not even use the tray. Still have to figure a way to lock it in.
Maybe use an old h battery and take the back side of to put in placr as a hatch.

Bill W.

Reactions: Ralphy
I feel it my duty to remind you posters here of the risk you run by using LiHv batteries in your Typhoon product, made even riskier by the fact you're considering the Multistar brand.

I decided against the LiHv battery. Not only are they difficult to get but I agree we should stick with stock voltages until LiHv's are proven reliable. I can't imagine the slight weight shift will be an issue, I have seen H's hover with 2 soda bottles attached to the ends of the arms on one side.

MrNofear72784 had test out the LiHV battery. He doesn't have any issue with it. As for myself I do want to test the LiHV battery because of longer flight time you get out of it. Only issue is I can't get a hold of one here in the U.S.

Reactions: Ralphy
MrNofear72784 had test out the LiHV battery. He doesn't have any issue with it. As for myself I do want to test the LiHV battery because of longer flight time you get out of it. Only issue is I can't get a hold of one here in the U.S.

I got the 6600 mah lihv from hobbyking. It works good giving about same time as stock when charged to full lihv.

Bill W.

The thing that I don't like about the LiHV batteries is the higher voltage they start with.

Does anyone really know what that higher voltage could be doing to their Typhoon H? That higher voltage could very well be slowly 'cooking' some component(s).

Would you put a higher voltage rated battery in your automobile ?

Just a thought.

The thing that I don't like about the LiHV batteries is the higher voltage they start with.

Does anyone really know what that higher voltage could be doing to their Typhoon H? That higher voltage could very well be slowly 'cooking' some component(s).

Would you put a higher voltage rated battery in your automobile ?

Just a thought.

Higher voltage doesn't do anything bad . Your going from 16.8 to 17.4 with no load. That's .6v which is 4.5% increase. Almost all electronic components can withstand a 20% overload. The higher voltage lowers the current consumption so the motors run longer and cooler. Voltage drops below 16.8v anyways as soon as you power motors on on the lihv. Wipe the telemetry on lihv flights if your worried about warranty issues.

Reactions: BillyTexas
Funny how things work out. I make the tray then a very similar design is offered to everyone for free on thingiverse months later and now some genius in ohio takes the tray from thigiverse which is licensed under creative commons and sells the same exact design on ebay as his own. I bet hes printing it in PLA too......Screenshot_2017-03-27-23-21-11.png LMAO

Moral of the story dont give away free files.

Get em covert
Look at this on eBay Yuneec Typhoon H Aftermarket Battery tray use with 8000mah 4s Lipo | eBay

Screenshot_2017-03-27-23-20-51.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt