Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Batteries

Reaction score
Both of my batteries have failed after 4 months and only about 10 -15 cycles each.

Awfully expensive to re buy that often.

Could I have a bad charger that is cooking my batteries?

Reactions: Ralphy
I was told if you want to get the most life out of LiPo batteries store them at half charge.
The rule of thumb I heard is if you don't plan on using them within 48 hrs don't store them fully charged or dead. Store them at half charge.
This came from Hobby Town owner and it goes for all LiPo batteries

i only get 13-15 minutes from each of my brand new batteries before getting a low battery alert. i have never gotten more than 18 minutes from either of the supposedly "25 minute" batteries. very disappointing...but 25 minutes is the sales pitch. one of the batts is beginning to get puffy and i haven't used them much at all...only 3 months.

Reactions: Ralphy
hi
i would call Yuneec CS , your batteries should last longer than 10 -15 cycles each.
that's either a bad charger or defective batteries i woulds say the charger to have 2 go bad at the same time just docent seam right.
do you know anyone that has a better charger if so ask them to charge your batteries .

Last edited:
i only get 13-15 minutes from each of my brand new batteries before getting a low battery alert. i have never gotten more than 18 minutes from either of the supposedly "25 minute" batteries. very disappointing...but 25 minutes is the sales pitch. one of the batts is beginning to get puffy and i haven't used them much at all...only 3 months.
hi
if you have a puffy lipo battery recycle it it not worth a fire .
if the battery is new contact the seller and explain the battery condition to them they may send you a new one .

Doug G. & pownalite both said they've owned the Drones 4 & 3 months and both said they haven't used them much. If you don't store your batteries at half charge your batteries will get Puffy and you will be at risk of a fire. Sorry, I learned the hard way on my Ares Q130 but those LiPo batteries only cost 8 bucks each.

Doug G. & pownalite both said they've owned the Drones 4 & 3 months and both said they haven't used them much. If you don't store your batteries at half charge your batteries will get Puffy and you will be at risk of a fire. Sorry, I learned the hard way on my Ares Q130 but those LiPo batteries only cost 8 bucks each.
is 3.79 or 3.8 per cell considered "half charge" on the 3 cell batt (conditioned to 11.4v)? that is what my automatic charger puts them at when i run it in "storage" mode.

They are pure crap!

Both of my batteries have failed after 4 months and only about 10 -15 cycles each.

Awfully expensive to re buy that often.

Could I have a bad charger that is cooking my batteries?
If you want to work with me I can help you out, I developed a way to interface it into a 3rd party charger.

is 3.79 or 3.8 per cell considered "half charge" on the 3 cell batt (conditioned to 11.4v)? that is what my automatic charger puts them at when i run it in "storage" mode.
Full is 4.20/cell 3.70 is the low half is 3.95

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval