Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery change, charging

Reaction score
1. Where to get a female connector for a Typhon H charger. I have an EC-PEAK charger model: DY3. It will not start without inserting the battery. I need to charge other batteries.
2. Is it possible to start in an emergency? I don't have a schematic. I need to connect cables for another battery.

1. Kde získat zásuvku pro nabíječku Typhon H. Mám model nabíječky EC-PEAK: DY3. Bez vložení baterie se nespustí. Potřebuji nabít další baterie. 2. Je možné začít v případě nouze? Nemám schéma. Potřebuji připojit kabely pro jinou baterii.

The DY3 is a dedicated charger for the Typhoon H batteries. Even if you make an adapter there is no way to change the setup to accommodate different batteries (cell count, charging current, etc.)

DY3 je vyhrazená nabíječka pro baterie Typhoon H. I když vyrobíte adaptér, není možné změnit nastavení tak, aby vyhovovalo různým bateriím (počet článků, nabíjecí proud atd.)
DY3 je vyhrazená nabíječka pro baterie Typhoon H. I když vyrobíte adaptér, není možné změnit nastavení tak, aby vyhovovalo různým bateriím (počet článků, nabíjecí proud atd.)
I have 2 chargers. EV-PEAK DY3 and SC 4000-4. Chargers do not have voltage when no battery is provided. How do I turn on the charger? I need to solder the wires for another battery. How do I turn on chargers without a battery? (cell count, charging current, etc.)

Attachments

• EV-PEAK DC3.jpg
    EV-PEAK DC3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • Nabíječka SC 4000.jpg
    Nabíječka SC 4000.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • PC260044.JPG
    PC260044.JPG
    838.2 KB · Views: 5
Both chargers you are trying to modify are not programmable. They are dedicated to charging batteries for the Typhoon H. Their design is to charge a 4S1P LiPo battery pack at a charging current of 5.4A max. This is the 1C charging rate for the 5400mAh Power4 OEM battery. The DY3 also has a mode for placing the batteries at storage charge.

If you are wanting to modify them for use with other 4S1P LiPo packs of 5400mAh or greater capacity then it would be easier to open them and wire the proper cables in parallel with the existing built in connector.

The other alternative is to take a bad Typhoon H battery and totally discharge it. Then open the case, remove the connector, construct a wiring harness and solder it to that connector.

This is the layout for a Typhoon H battery. Just match the contacts to their mirror set in the chargers.
F6C02BA6-2CA3-4707-BE47-1A9B4008C536.jpeg
The outside contacts are the main power contacts that power the aircraft. The others are the individual cells balancing contacts.

Both chargers you are trying to modify are not programmable. They are dedicated to charging batteries for the Typhoon H. Their design is to charge a 4S1P LiPo battery pack at a charging current of 5.4A max. This is the 1C charging rate for the 5400mAh Power4 OEM battery. The DY3 also has a mode for placing the batteries at storage charge.

If you are wanting to modify them for use with other 4S1P LiPo packs of 5400mAh or greater capacity then it would be easier to open them and wire the proper cables in parallel with the existing built in connector.

The other alternative is to take a bad Typhoon H battery and totally discharge it. Then open the case, remove the connector, construct a wiring harness and solder it to that connector.

This is the layout for a Typhoon H battery. Just match the contacts to their mirror set in the chargers.
View attachment 24161
The outside contacts are the main power contacts that power the aircraft. The others are the individual cells balancing contacts.
I write lightly and a little twice to make a good translation. Thank you very much for your help. I don't have an old battery and neither does the connector. The charger does not switch on without a battery. The SC4000-4 charger has no volts without a battery. I connected the contacts for a while and the charger does not give volts again. I don't know what he needs. When I insert the battery, the volts are. I don't think it's possible with the connector removed from the old battery either. Why??? I don't know. The charger does not switch on without the battery inserted. Main problem: How to turn on the charger. Other things like sorted articles are known. I don't know if the translation is good. I'm doing experiments with a charger with the SC 4000-4. I'm afraid of the EV-PEAK DC3 charger and I don't do experiments. I tried to connect the battery contacts according to my picture and the charger does not give volts. As you type, I opened the charger, but without the battery it will not turn on. Which contacts connect the charger to give volts. It doesn't work and it doesn't work. I don't know how to turn it on. I'm writing again-- it doesn't work without a battery. And I have to laugh at my writing.

Attachments

• SC 4000-4.png
    SC 4000-4.png
    441 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: WTFDproject
On the SC4000, it will not power up if you do not have the 4S battery pack connected to the main and the balance terminals. It is a balance charger and cannot be used as a power supply.

I will send a photo later that should help with explaining how it can be adapted to work with other 4S battery packs.

Last edited:
On the SC4000, it will not power up if you do not have the 4S battery pack connected to the main and the balance terminals. It is a balance charger and cannot be used as a power supply.

I will send a photo later that should help with explaining how it can be adapted to work with other 4S battery packs.
But why ? That's weird. Does the battery turn it on and I can't do it and plug it in like a battery? Does the battery have something there that turns on the charger? Then it wouldn't work with the old connector cut off as you wrote. All right, I insert the battery and then solder the wires to the board. If someone doesn't advise me. There will be two batteries. One inserted at the top and the other connected on wires from the bottom plate. However, charging must be monitored manually.

I am assuming you want to charge another 4S battery pack that has the standard XT connector (yellow) and the 5 pin Molex type for balance charging like in the photo below.
38E2D425-2D0A-43C0-825E-D20162447E0E.jpeg
The next photo shows the top and bottom views of the SC4000 charger aligned for positive and negative terminals.
4EA4B014-12E4-409B-A9C1-DC396F53F917.jpeg
The next photo shows the connection for the main power leads on the outside terminals with a male XT connector. You will need to use a female XT connector to allow direct connection to the battery pack.
111A8C00-9F0B-49A6-A7D7-7B373321CFE1.jpeg
The last photo is for the Molex type connector that gets soldered to the balance leads. Cell 1 would be on the black and white wires, cell 2 is white to yellow, cell 3 yellow to blue, and cell 4 is blue to red. The connector shown is male and you will need a female connector.
E97E2802-2F83-4969-8996-0170B1A74276.jpeg
The SC4000 charger will turn on when a battery is connected to either the original contacts or to the modified cables. The act of connecting the battery is what energizes the charging circuit. When first connected the charger senses the voltage on the balance leads and if any of the four cells is below cutoff voltage (I think it is 3.2V) the charger will blink an error status. If the voltages are within tolerance , charging will begin and once full charge is reached it will change over to balance mode and try to equalize all four cells.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I am assuming you want to charge another 4S battery pack that has the standard XT connector (yellow) and the 5 pin Molex type for balance charging like in the photo below.
View attachment 24164
The next photo shows the top and bottom views of the SC4000 charger aligned for positive and negative terminals.
View attachment 24166
The next photo shows the connection for the main power leads on the outside terminals with a male XT connector. You will need to use a female XT connector to allow direct connection to the battery pack.
View attachment 24165
The last photo is for the Molex type connector that gets soldered to the balance leads. Cell 1 would be on the black and white wires, cell 2 is white to yellow, cell 3 yellow to blue, and cell 4 is blue to red. The connector shown is male and you will need a female connector.
View attachment 24163
The SC4000 charger will turn on when a battery is connected to either the original contacts or to the modified cables. The act of connecting the battery is what energizes the charging circuit. When first connected the charger senses the voltage on the balance leads and if any of the four cells is below cutoff voltage (I think it is 3.2V) the charger will blink an error status. If the voltages are within tolerance , charging will begin and once full charge is reached it will change over to balance mode and try to equalize all four cells.
Thank you very much for your help. Because I have 2 chargers and I want another drone, I want to charge other batteries, That's why I opened the problem. It was strange to me that the charger only works with a Yuneec battery. I measured without a battery and the charger did not turn on. I always only had chargers that turned on after connecting to 220V. Li-Po battery cells, voltage equalization and cell switching are known. That is clear to me. Thank you again, thank you for the guidance and time for me. I will try to connect again, measure and in a few days I will report whether the charger has switched on. Today, perhaps I wrote clearly. Happy New Year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval