Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery problem

Reaction score
My q batteries which I acquired awhile back are not reacting on the charger properly. When charging, one is calibrating it flashes red to green but never finishes and the other one also. When I received them one was ok. I have a white one that just stays red. Any suggestions?

I suggest an aftermarket charger so you can charge them properly. You won't be able to determine the condition of the batteries until you have a good charger.

Reactions: oldcaptainrusty
I have tried two different chargers and it's the same problem. What is the after market charger and where can I get one.

I just plugged the white one in and it's on red so I'll let it charge and see what happens. The chargers are all new from yuneec and I got them for free. I'll come back. Thanks for your help.

Yuneec sent me about 4 chargers by mistake and never charged me(pun,metaphor) anything but the 3rd one finally worked normally. Batteries are fine.
If you find a EV-Peak DY1 charger for sale, it would be a good solution. I haven't seen any for sale recently.

I have one for h batteries but do they make them for q batteries

My q batteries which I acquired awhile back are not reacting on the charger properly. When charging, one is calibrating it flashes red to green but never finishes and the other one also. When I received them one was ok. I have a white one that just stays red. Any suggestions?
I have had mixed results with my new batteries from Yuneec. I had one that failed on my second or third flight. They replaced it. However, I was surprised to find out there is no expiration or manufacture date on new batteries. I have the Hi Tech X2 AC Plus charger. do not remember who the supplier was. You can charge two batteries at the same time. i suggest purchasing charge leads for the connection. I got mine at Carolina Drones.

I tried a different charger and the batteries are fine except for the white one. Who makes the white ones because I had the same problem with the last white one

I think some of the batteries Yuneec is selling have exceeded their shelf life. Currently I have one white and one black that I have ordered from Yuneec. One these was a replacement that Yuneec sent me for a defective white battery. Perhaps the white batteries are from an older production run. I love my Q500 and intend to keep it as long as i can keep it flying. However, I cannot fully have confidence in their batteries without production and expiration dates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece