Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery storage

Reaction score
Begin new to LiPo's I'd like some guidance on safe storage. I've researched and understand they can be dangerous if not properly charged and handled. Otherwise they're fine. I also understand the storage voltage to be 3.8 per cell.

My question is, is it OK to store 3 of them in a LIPO bag in a steel ammo can in the closet? The can does NOT have vent holes. Yet???
I'm in snow county and I think it may not be good to store them in a cold garage.

Thanks gang!

Begin new to LiPo's I'd like some guidance on safe storage. I've researched and understand they can be dangerous if not properly charged and handled. Otherwise they're fine. I also understand the storage voltage to be 3.8 per cell.

My question is, is it OK to store 3 of them in a LIPO bag in a steel ammo can in the closet? The can does NOT have vent holes. Yet???
I'm in snow county and I think it may not be good to store them in a cold garage.

Thanks gang!
Get yourself a battery charger that will do a Storage Charge. It'll fix the voltage of each cell correctly for storage. An ammo tin should be fine but I just keep them where I can see them. Watch for bulges.

Reactions: Fleamac
Thanks for the reply.
I picked up an Ultra Power charger. (UP120AC Duo)
Dual charger that does it all. It's pretty powerful too.
I'm just more curious about where to store the ammo can of 'storage voltage' batts. Very cold garage? Or closet?
I've been reading so much, learning about these LiPo's, that some info has spooked me.
Thanks. :)

From everything I have read, it is my understanding the ammo can SHOULD have a way to vent in case of a spontaneous combustion. Otherwise it could turn into a spontaneous explosion.

Reactions: Fleamac

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval