Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery storage

Reaction score
I love my breeze, don’t use it often. I have 2 batteries and a stock charger that came with the drone. I’ve had the batteries on charge off and on for over a year. Reading on here, I’ve learned I have probably damaged them by charging them that long. Tried to use the breeze recently and the drone powers on, I can connect to WiFi, I go to the breeze app and it says I’m connected, but the drone does nothing. Tried to calibrate and it says I have insufficient battery power to calibrate. I assume I’ve damaged batteries from keeping on charger for months. I want to buy new batteries but my problem is I’m gonna go through a period of time of not using them. Don’t want to spend the money on new batteries that I’ll likely damage from idle downtime again. I’ve read on here about aftermarket chargers that have a storage mode. I can’t seem to find anything on Amazon or anywhere for that matter. Can someone provide a link to such a thing or is there a way to store these batteries without damaging them. Thanks for any help.

I love my breeze, don’t use it often. I have 2 batteries and a stock charger that came with the drone. I’ve had the batteries on charge off and on for over a year. Reading on here, I’ve learned I have probably damaged them by charging them that long. Tried to use the breeze recently and the drone powers on, I can connect to WiFi, I go to the breeze app and it says I’m connected, but the drone does nothing. Tried to calibrate and it says I have insufficient battery power to calibrate. I assume I’ve damaged batteries from keeping on charger for months. I want to buy new batteries but my problem is I’m gonna go through a period of time of not using them. Don’t want to spend the money on new batteries that I’ll likely damage from idle downtime again. I’ve read on here about aftermarket chargers that have a storage mode. I can’t seem to find anything on Amazon or anywhere for that matter. Can someone provide a link to such a thing or is there a way to store these batteries without damaging them. Thanks for any help.
Pretty much any of the aftermarket RC chargers will have a storage feature. That's not going to be the problem. The problem will be in finding the necessary adapter. I gave up looking a while back, and converted a normal breeze charger to be both a normal charger and serve as an adapter for the aftermarket charger. It was a pain. And it required a piece from a Q500 battery to make it work. But you can take a look to see if it is something you would want to try. The diagram on the left of the image might also give you an idea of how to make a standard (much simpler) charger adapter without all the extra mess of converting an entire existing charger.

Pretty much any of the aftermarket RC chargers will have a storage feature. That's not going to be the problem. The problem will be in finding the necessary adapter. I gave up looking a while back, and converted a normal breeze charger to be both a normal charger and serve as an adapter for the aftermarket charger. It was a pain. And it required a piece from a Q500 battery to make it work. But you can take a look to see if it is something you would want to try. The diagram on the left of the image might also give you an idea of how to make a standard (much simpler) charger adapter without all the extra mess of converting an entire existing charger.
Thanks for the reply. Since I posted this, I found a link for a cable on eBay.

MaximalPower GIFI Power 3-Port Charging Plug Cable for YUNEEC Breeze HPlus Batt | eBay

Would this work if I can find an rc charger with a storage feature?

To cure the calibration getting an insufficient battery level, place your phone in airplane mode, enable WiFi, connect to the Breeze, open Breeze Cam, then do the Compass Calibration.

Last edited:
Breeze Battery Adaptor Cable:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval