Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery warnings

Breaking in Lipos are said to have the following benefits:

1. Increased overall pack life.
2. Volts per pack/cell are generally higher during the course of your flight.
3. Packs are less likely to puff due to abusing them as they're broken in properly before ever being flown.

AH,

Some of us have been trying to tell people about "conditioning" a new battery for years. I'm pleased the message is finally being taken seriously.

AH,

Some of us have been trying to tell people about "conditioning" a new battery for years. I'm pleased the message is finally being taken seriously.
What procedure would you recommend for "conditioning" a new battery? I just received 2 new Ultraxs and I would like to take best care of them. All cells were already at storage voltage of 3.8v.

Gotta love them for handling storage voltage close to properly. Mine came the same way.

First 10 cycles or so charge at less than 1C. Keep them cool during the charge cycle with that reduced rate. Don't fly them "hard" for the same number of cycles. No high speed discharges or long climbs. That helps keep internal battery temp down. End the fights at 15V or so, don't deep discharge to minimums. Allow to cool for an hour or longer after use before charging again.

Gotta love them for handling storage voltage close to properly. Mine came the same way.

First 10 cycles or so charge at less than 1C. Keep them cool during the charge cycle with that reduced rate. Don't fly them "hard" for the same number of cycles. No high speed discharges or long climbs. That helps keep internal battery temp down. End the fights at 15V or so, don't deep discharge to minimums. Allow to cool for an hour or longer after use before charging again.
OK. I can do 4 of the 5 things you mention. My EV-PEAK DY3 dual charger has only one speed: 6A per channel. Since the battery is 6300 mAhr, that's about 1C, yes? I suppose I could interrupt the charging a few times to keep the battery cool. Everything else is doable. Thanks.

Breaking in Lipos are said to have the following benefits:

1. Increased overall pack life.
2. Volts per pack/cell are generally higher during the course of your flight.
3. Packs are less likely to puff due to abusing them as they're broken in properly before ever being flown.

Give a good example of breaking in the batteries. We use the EV-Peak battery chargers, see: Amazon.com: EV-PEAK 70Wx2 6A/CH Intelligent Battery Charger for Yuneec Typhoon H Drones Battery and Remote Controller with 5V 2A USB: Camera & Photo
We have remote 110v inverter chargers to use while filming, see: Amazon.com: Maxboost 300W Power Inverter Dual 110V AC Outlet + Two 2.4A/24W USB Smart Ports Car Charger [Aluminum Body] DC 12V to 110V AC + DC 5V USB Battery Charger for laptop,iPad,iPhone,Tablet,phone: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Last edited:
I always try and land before 14.4v and avoid the battery warnings.

If i get the first warning i will get back as soon as possible.

Remember, going under 14.4v will put a strain on the battery reducing its health / life and may cause an in flight fire if it starts working too hard, i.e. low voltage and windy conditions or aggressive flight.

At £100 each...for the sake of a couple of minutes get your flight done in 20 minutes and not 22.
Have a look here gifi power does the H batteries YUNEEC TYPHOON H 6000MAH 4S, 14.8V LIPO BATTERY - $65.00 : GiFi Power Battery

Reactions: kai_bcn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex