Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Before and after focus adjustment

Hope you are not using that hyperfocal app Ha Ha. Still waiting for you to show us your results with your camera focused at 9".

We are doing a several shots today using the hyperfocal. It's a shame you don't understand the concept and the physics yet you will try to tell others that you know better

We are doing a several shots today using the hyperfocal. It's a shame you don't understand the concept and the physics yet you will try to tell others that you know better
I have already proven it wrong. You won't show your results because you know it does not work. Your app is giving you bad information. There are some good hyperfocal calculators out there and they all disagree with your results.
Come back when you have something to show. Otherwise it's all just blather.

I have already proven it wrong. You won't show your results because you know it does not work. Your app is giving you bad information. There are some good hyperfocal calculators out there and they all disagree with your results.
Come back when you have something to show. Otherwise it's all just blather.

you've proven me wrong? How? and the calculators are come up with the same answer because the equation doesn't change.

Hyper Focal distance =
(The focal length of your lens in millimeters x The focal length of your lens in millimeters) / (Aperture x Circle of Confusion in millimeters) The lens focal length is 3.7mm the aperture is f/2.8 and The CoC is .0216mm or the size of one pixel so it's (3.7 x 3.7) / (2.8 x .0216) 226.28mm or 9"

Last edited by a moderator:
you've proven me wrong? How? and the calculators are come up with the same answer because the equation doesn't change.

Hyper Focal distance =
(The focal length of your lens in millimeters x 2) / (Aperture x Circle of Confusion in millimeters) The lens focal length is 3.7mm the aperture is f/2.8 and The CoC is .0216mm or the size of one pixel so it's (3.7 x2) / (2.8 x .0216) 122.6mm or 4.8"
Prove it. Show Your images. It does not work.
Oh now we are down to 4.8"???

Prove it. Show Your images. It does not work.
Oh now we are down to 4.8"???

No not 4.8 look at my post. You don't get it. It does work we use it everyday, your camera phone uses it.

You have no idea what you are talking about and can't understand how it works, we get it. it doesnt make you right.

No not 4.8 look at my post. You don't get it. It does work we use it everyday, your camera phone uses it.

You have no idea what you are talking about and can't understand how it works, we get it. it doesnt make you right.
Here is an online depth of field calculator. Plug in your 9" number and you get a whopping 5 inches of depth. I suppose they are wrong too.

Attachments

• dof.jpg
    dof.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 14
Hey, thanks for that link; sure beats seat of the pants method.
I prefer to actually test things myself. With digital media., it is easy to take a few shots and check them for sharpness. The problem with using any app or formula is what you define as sharp. Their standard of .01" for CoC would mean the circle covers 4 pixels wide and 4 high on a 12 Mp image. That is not sharp when you look at the full size image on a monitor or view a 4K video on a 55" screen. I prefer to set my focus distance inside the range of distance I need to be sharp. I don't care if it is a bit unsharp at 4 feet. I will not be flying that close to something.
I am very happy now with the images and videos from my H. It was just focused too close. (Maybe they were using the same app as Der Stig. Ha Ha .)

Reactions: banned user
Only I don't use .01" for the CoC my calcs are using pixel pitch. Once again you're not understanding the information presented

Hyper Focal distance =
(The focal length of your lens in millimeters x The focal length of your lens in millimeters) / (Aperture x Circle of Confusion in millimeters) The lens focal length is 3.7mm the aperture is f/2.8 and The CoC is .0216mm or the size of one pixel so it's (3.7 x 3.7) / (2.8 x .0216) 226.28mm or 9"
That would be more than 13 pixels!
The 1/2.3 sensor is 6.16 mm wide. Divide that by 4000 pixels and your pitch should be.0015.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro