Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Better cameras!!!

Reaction score
hey Yuneec don't leave us hanging. Share with us what is in the pipeline. You have a platform that can do a head to head with almost any camera drone.

That's not too much to ask. It must be difficult to operate in a country where propiatery development is stolen. No wonder they are so secretive.

hey Yuneec don't leave us hanging. Share with us what is in the pipeline. You have a platform that can do a head to head with almost any camera drone.
Hey Dragon, why don't you post and chastise them on their FB and Twitter pages? I've beat them up a little on FAB (under an alias) and they do in fact respond, but not always the way you would like.;)

DC the TH is too reliable to go for a bath. You can safely fly over a pond,lol.

Does anyone know the safe all up weight TH can lift? Has any body tested it? The American flag was a good test. How much did it weigh in at?

Wilson I think there's one of the worker on the camera line that has a vision problem and they aren't telling the company.

I am SO surprised that third party vendors have not made camera/gimbals for any of the drone products out there. It is not until you get into the T920 or the inspire that you see other options.
I agree, the H could probably lift a heavier camera, ( Ming was flying around with 2 water bottles). Yeah you would take a hit in flight time and maybe some speed. I wish I could rig up my cell phone, it takes good pictures and is only 5mp.

I am SO surprised that third party vendors have not made camera/gimbals for any of the drone products out there. It is not until you get into the T920 or the inspire that you see other options.
I agree, the H could probably lift a heavier camera, ( Ming was flying around with 2 water bottles). Yeah you would take a hit in flight time and maybe some speed. I wish I could rig up my cell phone, it takes good pictures and is only 5mp.

The biggest problem is that until Yuneec is on board with an SDK and a commitment, it would be a roll of the dice for any vendor to develop a solution and an even harder roll for consumers. What if Yuneec decided to halt them from working with a firmware update? It could happen. Until and if they ever open it up for development and commit to supporting it, I'm afraid we're stuck with whatever they are willing to provide.

We can go back the the 350QX days of turn the camera on and say a prayer. You can mount a GoPro on the H w/o much trouble right now. The problem is that the video feedback has proven to be worth its weight in gold. Most of us don't want to go backwards, certainly not where that is concerned.

You could hang a camera off the Typhoon H after removing the existing camera. The only problem is that it would then be a fixed camera with no gimbal or shock absorption. The Typhoon H could lift a full blown DSLR camera if you wanted to. There are plenty of videos on YouTube where owners of other hobby drones have attached a DSLR Canon or Nikon to their drone.

Attaching your cell phone would be no problem. It weighs so little that you could probably attach it to most places on the Typhoon H.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval