Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Better cameras!!!

I am SO surprised that third party vendors have not made camera/gimbals for any of the drone products out there. It is not until you get into the T920 or the inspire that you see other options.
I agree, the H could probably lift a heavier camera, ( Ming was flying around with 2 water bottles). Yeah you would take a hit in flight time and maybe some speed. I wish I could rig up my cell phone, it takes good pictures and is only 5mp.

Try building your own copter. There are a great many camera and gimbal options out there for people that are both resourceful and creative. As for consumer drone options, take a moment to consider why someone would invest thousands of $$ and countless time to develop an accessory camera that would likely sell for more than the cost of a consumer drone. Oh, the latest cell phones can shoot some pretty good video...

Alright Captain. Lots of cameras that will hook up to the H but would need a gimble. Why not go pro. Are there any third parties willing to take a chance?

I could buy a GoPro gimble myself.

My take is the GoPro isn't what you guys want either?

My take is the GoPro isn't what you guys want either?

I took a GoPro for a flight on my H today and the overall quality isn't worth the effort of swapping out the standard camera. It's definitely better on full auto, but once you've got the CGO3+ adjusted, they're a pretty even match - inevitable due to the limitations of a small sensor and fixed lens.

If you were going to swap out, I'd want something like the Blackmagic. There's just no point in going for something a 'little better' when the limitations are as much about the operator as the camera.

Reactions: banned user
Maybe the TH pro will have a different camera. How bout the cgo4. How much would that add to it? We haven't even seen a different YouTube vid showcasing the TH pro.

I'm wondering if the natural progression will b 2500kv motors, a camera with say 40x electronic zoom lens and a 7500mah battery to power it all. Call it TH pro+. Hey that sound good for ces 2017.

Maybe the TH pro will have a different camera. How bout the cgo4. How much would that add to it? We haven't even seen a different YouTube vid showcasing the TH pro.
The upcoming Yuneec craft that will sit between the H and H920 will have a different camera. The H Pro will not.

Yuneec can't even tell you when firmware is going to be released

Jeez man you really do have a downer on Yuneec don't ya?!!

For what it's worth there is a software update coming at the end of this week possibly next week.

Have you seen the price for that jewel though! They are PROUD of it. LOL! Would be nice though ;)
I havent, but quite willing to pay the price for a good camera. However when I posted that I had the shape of the V18 in my head. Now if I wonder if that would be possible?
However Der Stigma pointed out the CGO4 is too heavy. I think I will blunder on with the CGO3+ and see what comes up with lens options or see if Yuneec do the right thing by us.
I have some commercial work in the pipeline for which the H will just about cut it but may have to look at moving on at some point. Perhaps they will get it right with the next Drone.

There seems to be a lot of discussion about the quality of the CGO3.

If I have this right, the biggest two issues are:
  1. Blurring around the edges of the frame.
  2. Crappy image quality if left on automatic settings
Does that about sum it up? The implication of number 2 is that if you know your way around a camera, you can get a much better image.

Reactions: Suncoast
There seems to be a lot of discussion about the quality of the CGO3.

If I have this right, the biggest two issues are:
  1. Blurring around the edges of the frame.
  2. Crappy image quality if left on automatic settings
Does that about sum it up? The implication of number 2 is that if you know your way around a camera, you can get a much better image.

From the video clips available on Youtube/Vimeo it is clear that not all CG3+ cameras are crap. Yuneec's quality control or lack of seems to be the main problem. Mind you whoever turned the CGO3 into the 'improved' CGO3+ ought to go on extended gardening leave and let others sort out the issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mexstoragesystem