Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BEWARE Yuneec's softpack (hard case replacement) DOES NOT FIT the full styrofoam

I found a $35(?) backpack on Amazon from Bodajing that fits the 'old' packaging. Fits fine, probably not as nice as a $150 backpack but fine for the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I got the same backpack from Bodajing. It is really a good backpack. Heavy Canvas material and the foam fits snugly and well. I don't intend to fly, so this backpack will work good for travel. $35 great price. Beats $150 or more!

Thanks. Ok. But still. Im not risking it. Based on a lot of experience with that much tension on those cheapo nylon zippers --it's only a matter of time before they split and become useless. I am NOT paying $150. for cheapo nylon zippers that'll split 3 months into using it when it's to late to return.

Buy a chinees Yuneec H480 soft backpack voor 40USD free shipping

i did and i have no problems

Just got my H softpack today.
Sat in the sun with it zipped up, fits fine with lid and all. No stress on zipper........definitely made for the original H styrofoam IMO
Now must go on a hike with the H

Reactions: Panther6834
Bad design is bad design regardless if it has an "H" or a "Typhoon" or whatever on it. My every experience with that much basic stress and tension on cheapo nylon zippers is that they fail by splitting somewhere along the zipper. Coupled with the pulling, twisting, turning and jerks on the pack that will obviously come walking and hiking will add. I give the zippers of that bag 3 months tops. And like I said --the nasty thing about it is that when it fails it will be past the point of returning it. It's called "planned obsolescence". From backpacks to plastic bumpers on cars and everything in between. The way of our whole "made-in-China-cheapo" economy is based --ALL so that the manufacturers can get rich quicker. Sorry but if I spend $150 - $180. ON A BACKPACK (!) I want it to last. I am NOT supporting their game so back it goes. I would have much rather spent twice the money if got something that would LAST. This piece of shyt --won't.
What other soft or hard case solutions have people found?

It is not a "bad design". If fact, it's a good, and much better, design than the original "hard" backpack. If you follow what several others have said, you will have no problem. First, put the lower foam (with, or without Typhoon H & accessories) inside the backpack, and position it fully inside. Next, place the foam top on top of the foam bottom. Finally, pull the "back" side of the backpack over the foam top, re-positioning it from side-to-side (to make certain it's centered). Once the "back" side is pulled forward, zip the zippers up both sides, but not over the top. Once both side zippers have been zipped up the sides, then carefully pull both "sides" (ie. top & bottom) of the backpack closer together, zipping the zipper as you do so. Do this on both sides, until the backpack is completely zipped. Then let it sit like that for 1-2 days, which will stretch the material properly (ie. the material has NOT been pre-stretched).

After it has sat, and the material has been properly stretched, then you will find you can (fairly...as the material finishes stretching over the next few/several days, it will become easier to zip/unzip) easily zip/unzip the pack. At this point, you can attach the Velcro to the foam upper, attaching them following the same procedure I listed about for zipping the backpack in order to stretch the material (ie. start with the bottom Velcro piece, then the top piece close to the bottom, then the side pieces & top piece close to the top, and, lastly, the top Velcro piece. It's not that difficult...and, in the end, everything will be exactly as it was designed to be.

Reactions: Lotatoys
That says Typhoon H480 -- But it fits the H?

The Typhoon H480 IS the Typhoon H. In the US, it's sold as the "Typhoon H", whereas in other parts of the world, it's sold as the "Typhoon H480". If you look at the box, you will notice the sticker with the UPC code, and on the sticker the official model number for the US is 'YUNTYHBUS'. I could be wrong (I probably am), but I'm guessing that the UPC sticker on the international, or European, box reads 'YUNTYH480'. Either way, they are the exact same.

Cool. Have it your way Bro -- Get back to me in 3-6 months of use and lmk how those zippers are holding up K? LOL

I guess you haven't done it properly. It absolutely fits with "zero" stress anywhere on the zippers. As has been said, carefully zip it up slowly and let it sit in the sun, or just let it sit a few days.
Seriously, try it.
The pack is actually pretty comfortable too. Just took it on a kayak trip.

Reactions: abinder
Got my Yuneec branded soft backpack from B&H last week and everything went in with no issue….

Still a huge pack to carry around…. But, I finally got one and will use it when needed for safe travels

Just ordered the Hardcase Waterproof Shoulder Yuneec H480 Backpack for Typhoon H from Amazon. It's a lot closer to the OEM hard case that I originally ordered (wanted) but was discontinued by Yuneec.

I'll bet not having to stretch/tense the material to death to get it to close, the zippers will last longer. Plus for being hardcase/shockproof AND waterproof --it's better for hiking. AND it was only $92. including shipping. If the label really bothers me I'll 3d print something to go over it. ;)

6180hHJiaRL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
Nope…. These backpacks are still huge. Take the foam you own and put it on your back… Then add a few inches for back padding and the pack itself. The picture angle does add to it looking large -- Certainly not a backpack one would carry books, papers, items to school or work in...

But it fits the styrofoam insert correctly (flush/snug) right? And without having to add "padding" (as you say) on the inside to fill in any gaps between the styrofoam and the case?

It's a tight fit, I thought the same but after a few days it gets better snow there is no problem with the case.

What a let down. Just got Yuneec's softback pack today from Ingenious Ingenuity --waited MONTHS from when I paid for it and only come to find it will NOT house the full black foam protection, with lid. I can almst get it without the black lid but it's a struggle and it almost rips the zipper apart it's so tight.

DEFECTIVE/POOR DESIGN - BACK IT GOES
So they replaced the Hardcase back pack for the soft case? If the did then I don't see it being worth $199.99 screw that 200 bucks plus for a cheapo nylon backpack that's not steady at all to protect your expensive h just in case u fall

What a let down. Just got Yuneec's softback pack today from Ingenious Ingenuity --waited MONTHS from when I paid for it and only come to find it will NOT house the full black foam protection, with lid. I can almst get it without the black lid but it's a struggle and it almost rips the zipper apart it's so tight.

Do you have the photo, which softback pack. Thanks

This backpack?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 22

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member