Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BEWARE Yuneec's softpack (hard case replacement) DOES NOT FIT the full styrofoam

So they replaced the Hardcase back pack for the soft case? If the did then I don't see it being worth $199.99 screw that 200 bucks plus for a cheapo nylon backpack that's not steady at all to protect your expensive h just in case u fall

Where do you see the "cheapo nylon backpack" (as you call it) for "200 bucks"?

It's $99.99 most places that have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sure seems high.
Try carolinadronz.com.

I had ordered the Hardback pack from Horizon Hobby back in May, in June they cancelled the order, saying it was no longer available. Then last week they called me saying my backordered item was in- the soft backpack (was a little puzzled thinking my order was cancelled but that is a different story). I was a little leery, but the cost was alot less ~$90, so I had them ship it. Was careful not to cut any tags off of it when it arrived.
It took a lot of patience and pulling, but I was able to get the foam cube to fit in it. I then let it sit over night, zipped up to stretch it out. Then the next night I applied the velcro tapes to the the top of the foam cube- it was much harder to get it to zip up- had to work the velcro several times (unhooking the tapes) in trying to get it to close, but it did. Now everything fits nicely. It looks so big and dorky, but is surprisingly light. Was concerned at times with the pressure I was putting on the zippers- that was usually the time to pull the edges together rather then yank on the zippers- now that it is all together it seems fine. Just remember: Patience and Pulling (the edges/sides, not the zippers) and it should work/fit fine.

Yep patience is the key. Also make sure the foam cube is in the correct way. I struggled for a while and then realized I had it in the wrong way.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Yep patience is the key. Also make sure the foam cube is in the correct way. I struggled for a while and then realized I had it in the wrong way.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Yep, me too! Once it's turned the correct way (the back-end of foam faces front-end of case), it fits great!

So just to report back --I got the Hardcase Waterproof Shoulder Yuneec H480 Backpack for Typhoon H
Seriously folks --I can not recommend this awesome hard case high enough!!

What a MAJOR step up from the soft pack I started this post with. Even the zippers YES the ZIPPERS(!) are so much better quality than the ones on the soft pack. While they're still nylon at least they're much thicker and for the fact it's a perfect fit with the foam insert --as in it glides in like a glove, no slack and yet no yanking, pulling, stretching or tension / stress on the zippers.

Far superior to the softpack in every way plus the durability of the hard case --plus the waterproof and plus being more than $50. cheaper. Volia! Perfecto at last!

Reactions: Brent
So just to report back --I got the Hardcase Waterproof Shoulder Yuneec H480 Backpack for Typhoon H
Seriously folks --I can not recommend this awesome hard case high enough!!

What a MAJOR step up from the soft pack I started this post with. Even the zippers YES the ZIPPERS(!) are so much better quality than the ones on the soft pack. While they're still nylon at least they're much thicker and for the fact it's a perfect fit with the foam insert --as in it glides in like a glove, no slack and yet no yanking, pulling, stretching or tension / stress on the zippers.

Far superior to the softpack in every way plus the durability of the hard case --plus the waterproof and plus being more than $50. cheaper. Volia! Perfecto at last!
Where did u get it from?

Don't know why he keeps stating that it doesn't fit the soft backpack. Mine fits fine and is easy to zip up.

Reactions: Lotatoys
Don't know why he keeps stating that it doesn't fit the soft backpack. Mine fits fine and is easy to zip up.

Dude, I keep "stating it" because it does not fit!! At least in MY EXPERIENCE. I had one, remember?. I tired forcibly closing the zipper and with considerable force --as much force as I felt I could without ripping the zippers or the material!

Maybe I did not FORCE it enough because as some here have stated it did close --Great. I'm so happy for them. However most everyone that said that also clearly stated it only closed with a LOT of pulling and stretching as it was zipped in short sections... letting it sit like that for days and THEN and only then does it fit.

Anyone could probably logically conclude that the degree of constant pulling tension that kind of force adds to a cheap nylon zipper will (and has in my every experience) decrease the life of a cheap nylon zipper... eventually causing it to pull apart in sections and then failing completely.

All I'm stating is my truth, my experience, coupled with an blatantly obvious observation that the one at the link I provided is FAR SUPERIOR. For the fact I've probably had to say that at least 3 or 4 times now this is now a lot like beating a dead horse,,, LOL CYA!

Dude, I keep "stating it" because it does not fit!! At least in MY EXPERIENCE. I had one, remember?. I tired forcibly closing the zipper and with considerable force --as much force as I felt I could without ripping the zippers or the material!

Maybe I did not FORCE it enough because as some here have stated it did close --Great. I'm so happy for them. However most everyone that said that also clearly stated it only closed with a LOT of pulling and stretching as it was zipped in short sections... letting it sit like that for days and THEN and only then does it fit.

Anyone could probably logically conclude that the degree of constant pulling tension that kind of force adds to a cheap nylon zipper will (and has in my every experience) decrease the life of a cheap nylon zipper... eventually causing it to pull apart in sections and then failing completely.

All I'm stating is my truth, my experience, coupled with an blatantly obvious observation that the one at the link I provided is FAR SUPERIOR. For the fact I've probably had to say that at least 3 or 4 times now this is now a lot like beating a dead horse,,, LOL CYA!

Good grief.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx