Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Hello Steve the Yuneec Guru, I'm trying to bind a Typhoon H Plus to a ST16S. When I turn the drone upside down the lights don't change to yellow? I watched this video and it seemed that yours immediately changed. What am I doing wrong or missing? The c23 camera binded nicely.

The rear two motor lights blink rapid blue if it isn't bound and slow blink if it is bound.
Turn off both. Start only the plus. Invert it. If it flashes yellow turn on the ST16 and bind.

I am sorry to open a old discussion, but I am at a loss and cannot seem to find a fix in search.
I am able to get my h+ into binding mode, all lights flashing yellow, but my st16 doesn’t seem to find it. The camera binds without issue, but the drone does not.

I started with the st16 off, started drone, inverted, yellow lights flashing.
Turned on st16, waited for it to boot and connect.
I hit the settings gear icon.
Clicked the bars icon to get into bind
Camera shows green check and bound(binded?)
Click drone it shows SR24S_2956v1.07 - this ID shows up below the ‘searching...’ and above the box, no green check mark.
I have clicked the dual arrow refresh, and clicked OK to unbind and then it is unable to find the drone.

I have rebooted both drone and st16, tried the produce 5 times to same result. I also let it sit for 20 minutes with the SR24S.. ID showing, hoping it might finally bind. Nothing, but the yellow lights continue to flash.

I had just done the firmware upgrade to the 822 build, verified all firmware versions match.

Reactions: sluddit
I
Click drone it shows SR24S_2956v1.07 - this ID shows up below the ‘searching...’ and above the box, no green check mark.
I have clicked the dual arrow refresh, and clicked OK to unbind and then it is unable to find the drone.
"I Click drone it shows SR24S_2956v1.07 - this ID shows up below the ‘searching...’ and above the box, no green check mark."
It will show that number even if the drone is not turned on. That is the LAST reciever it was bound to, not an indication that it currently sees one.

"I have clicked the dual arrow refresh, and clicked OK to unbind and then it is unable to find the drone."
That shows either the SR24 module in the drone is not transmitting, or the controller is not receiving. History suggests it is more likely to be a problem in the drone. The binding lights just means the drone mainboard is sending a bind signal to the SR24. It does not mean the the SR24 is functional or receiving the signal.

We need to know if the orange light on the SR24 is flashing . I cannot see it on my H Plus without removing the top shell. Try getting the HPlus into bind mode, then look hard through the vents to see if you can see an orange flashing light under the GPS square. Probably not. If not, remove the top shell, power up the drone, get it in bind mode again, and then check. It should be flashing about 2/sec when the drone is powered up, and start flashing faster when you go into bind mode.
SR24.jpg

Reactions: DroneyDave
We need to know if the orange light on the SR24 is flashing . I cannot see it on my H Plus without removing the top shell. Try getting the HPlus into bind mode, then look hard through the vents to see if you can see an orange flashing light under the GPS square. Probably not. If not, remove the top shell, power up the drone, get it in bind mode again, and then check. It should be flashing about 2/sec when the drone is powered up, and start flashing faster when you go into bind mode.
Ok, gotcha. Was unable to see with top shell on. Working on removing top shell now, have yet to work on this drone, so it may take me a few to figure it out. Haha

Reactions: WTFDproject
All you have to remove is the battery, the camera, and 10 screws around the edges.
The top and bottom snap together, and are often hard to unsnap the first time. Put the arms down. Pinch in on the top shell at one of the arm openings a little, but don't over do it. Grab the arm with your other hand, and push up on the top of the opening with your thumb. If it does not come out, move to the next arm and repeat. Eventually one will come loose, then another, and then it gets real easy to get the rest loose.

I just had a thought. I wonder if your controller is connected to a different WIFI source, such as you home WIFI. Go to the PAD - Settings - WIFI, and see if you show "connected" to any other WIFI. If so, press the connected WIFI, then select "FORGET" from the menu that comes up.

I just had a thought. I wonder if your controller is connected to a different WIFI source, such as you home WIFI. Go to the PAD - Settings - WIFI, and see if you show "connected" to any other WIFI. If so, press the connected WIFI, then select "FORGET" from the menu that comes up.
Had my home WiFi listed, but not connected. Went ahead and forgot both my home networks.

To start it back up to attempt to bind, I assume I put the camera back on, correct?

In case this matters for troubleshooting, here’s the firmware info.

Drone
Autopilot V1.5.0
Camera C23_C_1.1.03_20190312
Realsense. 102

RC
System CONTROLLER_1.1.03_20190312
App. APP_1.1.03_20190320

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
The camera doesn't matter much for binding the H Plus.
The APP should say APP_1.1.03_201990320, but I think it does.

The next stage is to remove the back of the ST16S and ensure the orange light of the controllers SR24 is lit. It may be flickering a little, but essentially should be steady.

Remove the Battery. The rubber grips just pull off. There is a Phillips screw under the battery, and seven 2mm hex head screws around the edge. Four of the 2mm screws are hidden under the tape that held the grips on. You may have to look close/poke around to find them. Once removed, pull the back off. There are no wires or cables between the front and back on this one, it just comes off.

Check the two antenna connectors to ensure both are in place. (see picture below)

Carefully line up the battery and push it into the battery pins of the controller. You can damage stuff if you don't get it lined up right. Hold the battery and controller together with one hand, and turn the controller on with the other. Look for the orange light, and tell us what you see.

Controller.jpg

Check the two antenna connectors to ensure both are in place. (see picture below)

Carefully line up the battery and push it into the battery pins of the controller. You can damage stuff if you don't get it lined up right. Hold the battery and controller together with one hand, and turn the controller on with the other. Look for the orange light, and tell us what you see.
Ok, got it. This orange light?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
Wow. Yeah. Now what?
Best thing to do now is put it all back together, then we will walk through the process one step at a time.

Have there been any significant changes between the last time it bound correctly, and now?
Long storage, firmware updates?
What created the need to bind it again?

Wow. Yeah. Now what?
Best thing to do now is put it all back together, then we will walk through the process one step at a time.

Have there been any significant changes between the last time it bound correctly, and now?
Long storage, firmware updates?
What created the need to bind it again?
I recently bought the drone used, about 3 weeks ago. Everything was fine, worked great, flew everyday. The drone was still on the old original firmware, I updated the firmware last night. I went out today to test fly. When I turned everything on, the drone would not connect. I figured, after reading of the binding procedure, it was simple, maybe it just needed to go through the bind procedure again.

guess maybe I should have left it alone with the working old firmware.

That's water under the ***, but at least we have a good recovery for it. Start putting it back together, and then we will talk about using SD cards either to redo the current update, or downgrade it to an earlier version.

EDIT: I guess I should have said large water retention device. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneyDave
Alright. Go to Attachment 30 (H Plus SD Card Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade ) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project. These are the instructions for how to redo the firmware update using SD cards. The document has links to the firmware you will need. Ensure you format the SD cards with FAT32 for best results. I will stand by in case you have any questions.

Ok, I have all those downloaded, from updating last night, when I used those instructions.
I’ll go ahead and redownload the files, just in case it was corrupted in initial download.

firmware build 822

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval