Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
My updates don't seem to be working well. Your last post was 38 minutes ago, and it just now showed up. Strange.
I really don't know, but I haven't heard anyone say that MAC doesn't work for this. Maybe we learn something here. @DoomMeister will know.

Reactions: DroneyDave
Looks like I must charge the controller, it got down to 37%.
I’ll update once I get it charged and all the firmaware updates done, it may be late tonight. There is no need to wait up for me. Haha.

I really appreciate your time, your knowledge and your assistance.

My updates don't seem to be working well. You last post was 38 minutes ago, and it just now showed up. Strange.
I really don't know, but I haven't heard anyone say that MAC doesn't work for this. Maybe we learn something here. @DoomMeister will know.
Mine aren’t working well either, may be a server issue. No worries, I’m a patient guy.
I dug out my windows machine giving it a go on it.

If reloading to Build 822 does not work, I would recommend going all the way back to Build 652. Build 652, 748 and 822 seem to be the most reliable builds. I suspect the issue is in the controller instead of the drone. It is important not to have the controller on any build prior to build 748 if the drone is 748 or above. Bad things can happen in flight with those mixes.

Reactions: DroneyDave
To my knowledge FAT32 should work the same on MAC, Windows, and Linux/Unix it is an older standard and worked cross platform. Where you will see differences is in the large disk implementations between MAC and Windows.

The DronePilots family has been a bit sluggish at times today.

Hmmmm...it seems there must’ve been a corrupted file in the fIrst firmware update. Not sure if it corrupted during download or because of using my Mac. Anyways, lucky me, I had to buy the Windows laptop a year ago so that I could access the OBD on my old Volvo. I used it to format the card and move the files. Everything went fine. Followed the simple instructions, this time I got the controller and the drone, and the camera, to bind successfully.

Thank you for the help! Even though it wasn’t the issue, I am thrilled I had the guided experience of removing the top shell as well as the controller back. I learned quite a bit tonight. I took pics of the insides so that I am able to research more and get a greater understanding of how this all works. I am far from a novice at electronics, computers and mechanics, but have never been inside a drone before.

This was great! Thank you again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Great news, and a great follow-up post. I'm glad you feel good about all the extra work I put you through. I was feeling pretty bad when you were in post #16, and I realized you had mentioned the update in your VERY FIRST post. The update clue is a biggie. And I blew right over it.

The matter of which format is used has entered our awareness only recently. Had not even thought about the computer operating system itself.
We have some pretty advanced members. Some may be be able to clarify if any difference is currently known to exist that would suggest one system is more/less compatible with the update files. I have no idea what OS system Yuneec uses to create the updates.

Great news, and a great follow-up post. I'm glad you feel good about all the extra work I put you through. I was feeling pretty bad when you were in post #16, and I realized you had mentioned the update in your VERY FIRST post. The update clue is a biggie. And I blew right over it.

The matter of which format is used has entered our awareness only recently. Had not even thought about the computer operating system itself.
We have some pretty advanced members. Some may be be able to clarify if any difference is currently known to exist that would suggest one system is more/less compatible with the update files. I have no idea what OS system Yuneec uses to create the updates.

I always feel good about learning something new. Extra work with a new photography format for me, is far from work. I absolutely loved tearing into it last night. I still shoot large and medium format film photography with an old Graflex for my 8x10 negatives and a Mamiya TLR for my 120 film, now that is definitely a lot of work for each image. Hahaha.

No worries about missing the update clue, your help is very much appreciated. You taught me quite a bit in our short conversation on this forum. I am really quite thrilled to have found this community and even more thrilled that there are people here who are genuinely happy to share their knowledge. I look forward to acquiring enough drone knowledge myself, to be helpful to others, when they get in a jam.

I was thinking that possibly it may have been the formatting of the card on the Mac, it is slightly different than formatting on a PC, it may have been the issue. Though possibly, more likely, the files probably just got corrupted on download, could have easily just been a missing byte in the code that would throw it off.

I am definitely curious though, if anyone may know or have insight that may answer the Mac/Pc Yuneec compatibility question.

How did you go? I just did the upgrades too and now mine won't bind either. Camera does but not the actual drone.
Have you read this entire thread and performed the procedures it covers? It helps when you tell us what things you have tried.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis