Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Blade Chroma with DX4

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a typhoon g and a blade chroma and I would like to use my st10+ with the chroma.
I have been looking everywhere to buy the st10 receiver to install it in the chroma but it is back ordered.

If I take the receiver off of the typhoon and install it in the chroma will it work?

Hi,

I have a typhoon g and a blade chroma and I would like to use my st10+ with the chroma.
I have been looking everywhere to buy the st10 receiver to install it in the chroma but it is back ordered.

If I take the receiver off of the typhoon and install it in the chroma will it work?
Yes. The receivers are the same except the color and length of the wire. You'll have plenty of extra wire in the Chroma, but it doesn't hurt anything as long as you tuck it out of the way somewhere. The Chroma has both plugs to connect the receivers. One for Spectrum, one for ST10. The plugs are not the same, so no possibility of crossing them up. Don't leave both connected, though. That may cause problems. I never did it on a Chroma, but I modified a Blade 350 QX to use both. It worked for a little while, then the mainboard failed. Based on the timing, I assume it was related to having both receivers plugged in at the same time.

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
Yes. The receivers are the same except the color and length of the wire. You'll have plenty of extra wire in the Chroma, but it doesn't hurt anything as long as you tuck it out of the way somewhere. The Chroma has both plugs to connect the receivers. One for Spectrum, one for ST10. The plugs are not the same, so no possibility of crossing them up. Don't leave both connected, though. That may cause problems. I never did it on a Chroma, but I modified a Blade 350 QX to use both. It worked for a little while, then the mainboard failed. Based on the timing, I assume it was related to having both receivers plugged in at the same time.
Thanks a lot for the information.
I did change the receiver and everything works except for the gimbal. Have you an idea why doesnt it work?
Did the gimbal work in your Blade 350 QX?

Thanks a lot for the information.
Did the gimbal work in your Blade 350 QX?
No, because the mainboard firmware of the 350QX was not compatible with the Gimbal.
The Chroma firmware is also not compatible with all Yuneec gimbals, nor is the ST10 firmware compatible with all Yuneec Gimbals.
What camera/gimbal are you using?
Did it work on the Chroma when you were flying the Chroma using the DX4?

No, because the mainboard firmware of the 350QX was not compatible with the Gimbal.
The Chroma firmware is also not compatible with all Yuneec gimbals, nor is the ST10 firmware compatible with all Yuneec Gimbals.
What camera/gimbal are you using?
Did it work on the Chroma when you were flying the Chroma using the DX4?
I am using a gopro 3 with the GB203 gimbal.
I couldn't tilt the gimbal with the DX4 either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval