Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

blades

Reaction score
Anyone been the pilot of the new blades that's out for the typhoon q500+,just watched the videos and dunno if there as good as they say they are,had a crash for only God knows why it did what it did after 150 flights I took off it went ape crazy with the GPS on and 11 sats connected

Anyone been the pilot of the new blades that's out for the typhoon q500+,just watched the videos and dunno if there as good as they say they are,had a crash for only God knows why it did what it did after 150 flights I took off it went ape crazy with the GPS on and 11 sats connected
As far as your crash. It's possible you were accidentally in smart mode at the time. I've seen this same instance in other post before, and the conclusion was either they didn't understand the process of flying in smart mode (takeoff, difference in the controls when flying, distance when flying, landing...etc.) there's a lot in the process of flying in smart mode....or they accidentally hit the toggle switch and didn't know they were in smart mode.

As for the props are concerned; and I do believe your'e talking about the carbon fiber ones; they are a lot stronger that the stock ones....but that also can be a bad thing. Take for instance: I accidentally hit my toggle switch and was in smart mode, too close to my Q and what happens? It takes off and flies directly into my car; props break at impact with only a few scratches that I buffed out, but if those had been carbon fiber props I can't imagine the damage it would have done. I probably would have dings instead of scratches. In other words carbon fiber props might survive an impact, but they can also do more damage

So as you can see from my reply I'm not talking about something that I heard...I'm talking from experience...I still fly with stock props, but I take the time before turning anything on or pushing any controls making sure everything is set properly. Having crashes, and breaking stuff, rather it be props, or personal property should make us all a little more conscious about taking a few minutes to check things out before turning anything on. I believe there is a preflight checklist somewhere on this sight that may help. Good luck, and Safe flying.

I tried a set of maytech cf props and found quad responded a little faster and was somewhat faster in speed. But decided since I am a newbe to the quad world better safe than sorry. I decided to go back to factory props as i would rather a prop to break on a impact than the motor or frame as something has to give. Yuneec props shear easily but this is for a reason. CF props are nice and might last forever but upon contact with anything or anybody they are going to do damage.....

I tried a set of maytech cf props and found quad responded a little faster and was somewhat faster in speed. But decided since I am a newbe to the quad world better safe than sorry. I decided to go back to factory props as i would rather a prop to break on a impact than the motor or frame as something has to give. Yuneec props shear easily but this is for a reason. CF props are nice and might last forever but upon contact with anything or anybody they are going to do damage.....
Hi Brian I have a set of maytech cf props for a while and have not used them, I put them on the q500+ the other day on a bench test and they nearly shook the quad to bits. I put them on the balancer and they were so far out they cannot be balanced,and I agree there needs to be a sacrificial part, which is the rotors.

Mine when installed were smooth as glass no balance issues.As first thing I checked.Makes me wonder about their quality control since yours were out also other thing I noticed were they did not thread on as many turns as factory props and didn't compress o rings. Was final thing that made me remove them.CF.props are a great idea...... If made correct

Mine when installed were smooth as glass no balance issues.As first thing I checked.Makes me wonder about their quality control since yours were out also other thing I noticed were they did not thread on as many turns as factory props and didn't compress o rings. Was final thing that made me remove them.CF.props are a great idea...... If made correct
Totally agree, the thread depth was the reason I haven't tried tried them before but as I said they were not able to be balanced so $60 bucks down the tube but that's flying, for the moment I will stick with plastic, thanks for the input

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval