Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze 4K controller problem + other ridiculous issues.

Reaction score
Hello, so I received my Breeze 4K yesterday and started to fiddle with it today to get things going. After serious problems and hiccups on getting the drone thing to even connect to my phone, I finally got everything else working but the controller, which at the moment is the most annoying one.

I have a controller with blue LED's, apparently the model with serious issues as it is. When I plug the controller to charge the home button (middle one, Pwer button, with Yuneec logo) and the ABYX buttons start blinking. The frequency of blinks depends on what cable is used and where it is plugged. I have tried to charge this piece of *arbage with the original cable and other cables, from my PC's USB ports and from a wall outlet with 2 different chargers (a normal usb wall outlet charger and a highspeed OnePlus charger). Controller has been chargin in total for about 6-7 hours now.

As soon as I unplug the cable the controller dies and is 100% unresponsive dead weight. With the cable in and "charging" I am able to connect the controller to the Breeze Cam app with no problems. So the problem is a charging problem, the controller simply does not hold any power.

Now the controller itself is a fairly decent copy of a 3rd party Xbox controller I have, and judging from the weight difference, the wizards who produce these toys for Yuneec have forgotten to install an actual battery to this thing. Due to warranty label, I am unable to look inside if this is actually a fact.

I have read plenty about these controller issues, and it seems pretty much every controller + breeze 4k kit bought from wallmart has been returned due to these controller issues so I don't have my hopes high for a replacement either. I am just wondering if anyone has found any solution to this?

I have already updated the controller firmware with the Yuneecs own updater .exe but that did nothing to solve anything.

The "Follow Me" - function which I was highly interested in appears to be completely busted aswell. 2/3 tries the Breeze Cam app just crashes when painting the target to follow and the 1/3 tries when it actually decides to work - the drone is stuck on position and only slightly turns slowly in place to keep the target on screen.

Battery life on this toy is abyssmal, I know they promised around 20 minutes of flight on one battery, but I have two brand new batteries, fully charged with the gimmicks I found online (chargin to full - removing and letting the battery to cool for a bit - chargin to full again - until the charger informs full charge after cooling the battery) and the best time I have gotten is around 10 minutes. 25% of battery life is drained on the initial take of apparently. Also when the App informs that battery life is low and need to take the drone down, powering it on and off will "restore" battery back to 70% yet this "new found charge" depletes near instantly aswell. So the charge numbers are very innacurate.

Overall this whole unit feels like a complete disaster, sold at waay too high of price compared to quality, testing, reliability and functionality of this thing.

Hello, so I received my Breeze 4K yesterday and started to fiddle with it today to get things going. After serious problems and hiccups on getting the drone thing to even connect to my phone, I finally got everything else working but the controller, which at the moment is the most annoying one.

I have a controller with blue LED's, apparently the model with serious issues as it is. When I plug the controller to charge the home button (middle one, Pwer button, with Yuneec logo) and the ABYX buttons start blinking. The frequency of blinks depends on what cable is used and where it is plugged. I have tried to charge this piece of *arbage with the original cable and other cables, from my PC's USB ports and from a wall outlet with 2 different chargers (a normal usb wall outlet charger and a highspeed OnePlus charger). Controller has been chargin in total for about 6-7 hours now.

As soon as I unplug the cable the controller dies and is 100% unresponsive dead weight. With the cable in and "charging" I am able to connect the controller to the Breeze Cam app with no problems. So the problem is a charging problem, the controller simply does not hold any power.

Now the controller itself is a fairly decent copy of a 3rd party Xbox controller I have, and judging from the weight difference, the wizards who produce these toys for Yuneec have forgotten to install an actual battery to this thing. Due to warranty label, I am unable to look inside if this is actually a fact.

I have read plenty about these controller issues, and it seems pretty much every controller + breeze 4k kit bought from wallmart has been returned due to these controller issues so I don't have my hopes high for a replacement either. I am just wondering if anyone has found any solution to this?

I have already updated the controller firmware with the Yuneecs own updater .exe but that did nothing to solve anything.

The "Follow Me" - function which I was highly interested in appears to be completely busted aswell. 2/3 tries the Breeze Cam app just crashes when painting the target to follow and the 1/3 tries when it actually decides to work - the drone is stuck on position and only slightly turns slowly in place to keep the target on screen.

Battery life on this toy is abyssmal, I know they promised around 20 minutes of flight on one battery, but I have two brand new batteries, fully charged with the gimmicks I found online (chargin to full - removing and letting the battery to cool for a bit - chargin to full again - until the charger informs full charge after cooling the battery) and the best time I have gotten is around 10 minutes. 25% of battery life is drained on the initial take of apparently. Also when the App informs that battery life is low and need to take the drone down, powering it on and off will "restore" battery back to 70% yet this "new found charge" depletes near instantly aswell. So the charge numbers are very innacurate.

Overall this whole unit feels like a complete disaster, sold at waay too high of price compared to quality, testing, reliability and functionality of this thing.
LoserSupreme

Without a doubt, I would return the item to Walmart, especially with the amount of failures you are experiencing. Others may have more information as the day progresses.

Murray

I would box it up as received with all the books and cables back into their boxes. With receipt in hand go to your nearest Walmart and give it back ( go to customer service in the front of the building). Explain to them the controller does not work and you would like to get a refund.
Note, I did this three times with other problems; for example, first one had a broken glass when I opened the box, second and third would not fly after one flight because of heat issues (the bird will not show gps signals if inside temp goes over 100 degrees due to heat sink issues), I now have a great working one with spare because of all the past problems.
Walmart may question you but if your receipt is less than thirty days old, they should take it. If you don't have a receipt, they may be able to scan the box for information on the sale date (not sure about this).
Good luck, but I am satisfied with the purchases and time spend flying. I only fly with the controller because it works better than my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone