Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Cam update 19 Apr 2021

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Yuneec Europe sent email that the Breeze Cam app has been updated on 19 Apr 2021 and is available on the App Store. Would Breeze owners in the EU please check availability there. The updated version is still not on the App Store for the USA.

This update is supposed to correct the bug that makes the app crash right after pressing the “Next” button on the opening screen.

Currently I don't see it at Android Google Play store.
They were only updating the iOS version. It was like it had a time bomb in it. It was crashing on installations on iOS 10 through 14.

The Android version has been off of the Google Play Store for quite some time now. It is also no longer available on the Yuneec websites. It can be found in the Yuneec Skins Yuneec Downloads for the Breeze.

I was also having the same problem with the IOS app closing after hitting next. I heard there was an update but haven’t seen it in the Apple store. I was able to get back up by deleting the app and resetting my phone several times by powering off. The app works again.

I was also having the same problem with the IOS app closing after hitting next. I heard there was an update but haven’t seen it in the Apple store. I was able to get back up by deleting the app and resetting my phone several times by powering off. The app works again.
After deleting and reinstalling it will work on my iPhone XS with iOS 14.4.2 up through connecting to the Breeze the first time. Then once I disconnect the Breeze the app will start crashing again.

What iOS device are you using and what version of iOS are you on?

After deleting and reinstalling it will work on my iPhone XS with iOS 14.4.2 up through connecting to the Breeze the first time. Then once I disconnect the Breeze the app will start crashing again.

iPhone 7s plus with IOS 14.4.2

Same thing happens to me. One flight, delete and reinstall the app on my iPad To get another flight. This is a sad indicator but a good warning for purchasers of any of the companies latest drones . You guys have one year left and then Yuneec will abandon you.

Same thing happens to me. One flight, delete and reinstall the app on my iPad To get another flight. This is a sad indicator but a good warning for purchasers of any of the companies latest drones . You guys have one year left and then Yuneec will abandon you.
There is supposedly a revised version put out on 19 Apr 2021, but only seen in the EU for now. Not sure when it is supposed to be available in the US and Canadian App Stores.

I just received the same Canned email. Very disappointed. I’ll try the delete and reinstall route to see if I can get a few flights in but I don’t hold out much hope that Yuneec will bother to fix the problem.

Dusted off the Breeze and found I had the same problems with the iOS app shutting down immediately. I tried uninstalling and restarting my phone, then reinstalling the app and that worked! Flying again!

Currently I don't see it at Android Google Play store.
It is July 6, 2021 and the USA App Store still have the 1.1.0 version (3. years ago). That's over 3 years of disregard for the Breeze consumer base.

It is July 6, 2021 and the USA App Store still have the 1.1.0 version (3. years ago). That's over 3 years of disregard for the Breeze consumer base.
As another Breeze owner I have to agree. You need to get on the Yuneec website and turn in a support ticket.

We are all owners like you and have no affiliation with Yuneec, and it is very unlikely that they monitor this forum.

Use vm to trick app its older android version. Seems to work for me.
While this works for the Android crowd running newer versions of the Android OS, it is not a viable solution for those using the iOS version of Breeze Cam which is the topic of this thread.

There are Android emulators for iOS which would allow using the Breeze Cam.apk, but they require jailbreaking the phone and using Cydia to load apps. Not a viable solution for a $100 drone.

Should have bought android.
The iOS version actually functioned better until the time-bomb went off in January of 2020. The major issue is the software was farmed out to a third party and not developed by Yuneec in-house (according to a Yuneec engineer who shall remain nameless).

The good news is older Android phones can be found on the cheap that will work with the Breeze Cam.apk.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval