Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 problems after update

Reaction score
I flew drone using E50, E90, and CGOET cameras in the morning, did the update in the afternoon, and now only issues with E90 camera.
After attempting update to the latest E90 software (updated on April 30, 2021). The controller fails to reconnect to the E90 camera during update. It is a weird issue, since when powering up the H520 w/E90 attached, I have a couple of seconds where I can control the camera gimble without video feed then E90 status light switches from white to red and I lose all connection to camera/gimble. Adding to the issue I had no issues after updating data pilot/controller and the E50 and CGO cameras. The issues seems to be a update software issue, just don't know if the issue is in controller or E90 software. I was told it may be caused by Update Pilot app on the controller and should uninstall/reinstall and try update again which I did and tried to run update but no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

WTFDproject

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
@Lica
You have an issues than can result from a damaged main ribbon in the camera. There are other possibilities, of course, but the damaged ribbon scenario is probably the most common single cause.
The ribbons can be damaged anytime the camera moves about without restraint. It happens in crashes, of course. It also has happened when the drone is transported in the box without the gimbal lock mounted. And, possibly relevant to your situation, it sometimes happens when you perform a compass calibration with the camera mounted and without the gimbal lock in place. So the first questions become:

Did you do a compass calibration after the update?
Was the gimbal lock installed?

The answer to the questions will help us know how to proceed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
militaatrycoinsusa