Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Ceiling

The max altitude is 262 feet at the altitude geofence. You can start seeing poor video feed earlier than that, but you can still control the Breeze (may be somewhat sluggish to commands). If you do lose wifi connection the Breeze will perform a Return-to-Home (RTH) after hovering where the signal loss occurred for about 30 seconds [be sure to check your RTH setting in Drone Settings]. The Breeze will go to that setting when RTH is triggered and fly to the starting point and hover for about 30 seconds trying to regain wifi connection. If connection is not regained, the Breeze will auto land.

If you want to have better video feed for flying check out the thread on Breeze Range Extenders in the Breeze Discussion area.

Last edited:
I see you are new to the forum. Welcome to YuneecPilots! We have a lot of good people in this community, and a great amount of information when you run into snags. Be sure to search for an answer first as most problems have been encountered before, but if nothing quite does the job, just post it. Together we can usually find the answer.

Our Moderator answered your question but I need to weigh in here a bit. Why did you buy the Breeze? What is your application? Is it a toy to play with occasionally? Do you intend (want to) to take video of things miles away?

The Breeze is a Selfie Drone!! Nothing more, nothing less. Selfie drones are designed to take pictures of YOU and others near you, and sure, things near you as well - but the common denominator here is "near you" - not 100's of yards away, not over the next building, not around a group of trees. I keep hearing story's, "my Breeze crashed into my neighbors house" and not it does not work right, "How come I can't fly my Breeze over 10' high", "I tried Orbit mode and hit a tree, now I need to buy spare parts", and on and on...

INSTRUCTIONS FOR NOT CRASHING AND KEEPING YOUR BREEZE FOR MANY YEARS:
YOU NEED to go find a large soccer field, or open space. Set the breeze down in the middle of that area, bring the instruction book, READ IT (it's short), and try different Tasks. Try each one, UNDERSTAND the take off height, how to tell if you have GPS lock, REALLY UNDERSTAND the RTH (Return to Home) height and function, how to cancel RTH, why you set the RTH height to whatever it is you have it set to, understand the Geofence, and so on. AND, watch the battery level - oh, and what happened if the battery gets down to 10-20% - what can you expect? If you DON'T know these answers, you NEED to find out - or you WILL CRASH.

It's like people buy this drone on a whim, go fly it, not understanding it's function and Task's, crash it and then wonder why. Or worse, these people tell others, "this drone is no good"! (Wrong!, the drone is great at what it was designed to do).

You want more distance, go buy a DJI product - but several downsides there too, but IF that drone let's you take off (and it may not), then you can fly around for a long ways. Of course, you will pay much more for the drone and batteries, but again, it depends on your application - what do you want to do with YOUR drone?

You know, when the Drone goes out of sight, or gets very small, your heart should start beating hard as there is a good chance you will not return from that flight and you will crash. The other issue here is when common-folk (people out in their yards, walking a dog, ...) see a drone flying over their head, they get nervous, they tend to report to police, or other authorities, what they just saw - and this leads to more and more restrictions and NFZ's - No Fly Zones - in cities, counties, states, ... it's very true, and we should all be worried about this.

Take your time, learn your drone, and then have fun with it. OK, off my soap box...

Our Moderator answered your question but I need to weigh in here a bit. Why did you buy the Breeze? What is your application? Is it a toy to play with occasionally? Do you intend (want to) to take video of things miles away?

The Breeze is a Selfie Drone!! Nothing more, nothing less. Selfie drones are designed to take pictures of YOU and others near you, and sure, things near you as well - but the common denominator here is "near you" - not 100's of yards away, not over the next building, not around a group of trees. I keep hearing story's, "my Breeze crashed into my neighbors house" and not it does not work right, "How come I can't fly my Breeze over 10' high", "I tried Orbit mode and hit a tree, now I need to buy spare parts", and on and on...

INSTRUCTIONS FOR NOT CRASHING AND KEEPING YOUR BREEZE FOR MANY YEARS:
YOU NEED to go find a large soccer field, or open space. Set the breeze down in the middle of that area, bring the instruction book, READ IT (it's short), and try different Tasks. Try each one, UNDERSTAND the take off height, how to tell if you have GPS lock, REALLY UNDERSTAND the RTH (Return to Home) height and function, how to cancel RTH, why you set the RTH height to whatever it is you have it set to, understand the Geofence, and so on. AND, watch the battery level - oh, and what happened if the battery gets down to 10-20% - what can you expect? If you DON'T know these answers, you NEED to find out - or you WILL CRASH.

It's like people buy this drone on a whim, go fly it, not understanding it's function and Task's, crash it and then wonder why. Or worse, these people tell others, "this drone is no good"! (Wrong!, the drone is great at what it was designed to do).

You want more distance, go buy a DJI product - but several downsides there too, but IF that drone let's you take off (and it may not), then you can fly around for a long ways. Of course, you will pay much more for the drone and batteries, but again, it depends on your application - what do you want to do with YOUR drone?

You know, when the Drone goes out of sight, or gets very small, your heart should start beating hard as there is a good chance you will not return from that flight and you will crash. The other issue here is when common-folk (people out in their yards, walking a dog, ...) see a drone flying over their head, they get nervous, they tend to report to police, or other authorities, what they just saw - and this leads to more and more restrictions and NFZ's - No Fly Zones - in cities, counties, states, ... it's very true, and we should all be worried about this.

Take your time, learn your drone, and then have fun with it. OK, off my soap box...

Fantastic post, Scott.
I, for one, agree that just taking it out in an open field to "learn" is VITAL.
Knowing why this (or any other drone) was purchased and its limitations is also VITAL.

Reactions: DoomMeister
My rule of five.
If my drone cost $15,000, I'd spend 5 months reading the manual before I take it to the open field.
$1,500 drone, 5 weeks reading the manual.
$150 drone, 5 days.
$15 drone, 5 minutes.

PS: $150,000 drone, 5 years.

Think about it. It should be the other way around, inversely proportional to the cost. A $15,000 drone will fly itself, have every possible sensor on it to prevent an incident. A $15 drone will not have any sensors on it, will clearly not fly itself, much less fly well with a skilled pilot. And a $150,000 drone - well have every possible backup system known to man.

The Breeze is $150, and spending 5 days would be good - at least you have spent the time to figure it out. If you spent 5 days, as you indicate, let's see if you can answer these questions? It's just a fun game if you care to try.

Pre Flight Quiz!

1) How do you tell if you have a GPS connection? (The Breeze see's satellites)

2) What is your RTH set to?

a. Is it high enough – and how do you tell?

3) How do you set the Breeze height in Journey mode?

4) What is your take off height? How high will the Breeze hover when it takes off?

5) What happens when you initiate a RTH and push the RTH again?

6) In Orbit mode, what happens? What distance will the Breeze orbit you?

a. How do you stop Orbit mode?

7) When flying indoors, how many GPS satellites should you see?

8) When you connect the B/T controller to the iPhone, which button on the controller do you push at the same time you turn on the controller?

a. Same question, but with an Android phone?

9) What happens to the Controller when the B/T connects to the phone?

10) Is there a setting for how far and high you can fly? If so, what is it set to?

11) If you have no GPS signal, will the Breeze still fly?

If you can answer these questions, you are ready to pilot your drone, and you wont crash.

Reactions: DoomMeister
That is true for all hobbyist flights, and you are responsible to avoid any manned aircraft that come into your airspace (I believe it’s a minimum 500 ft clearance).

If you are in an area with a lot of private airstrips like I am at present, contact the owner and let them know where you fly and get information about the flight pattern at their strip. You can then be aware of where aircraft are likely to be in your area. When you contact them tell them you will be flying your “electric model aircraft” and wished to let them be aware you would be flying and give them info on area and planned altitude. You will find most are polite and understanding when you let them know you care about their safety.

The B4UFLY's warning read "By law, you must notify airport operator or air traffic control tower, ..."
So as a a law abiding citizen, on a beautiful day, I want to fly the Breeze, I must call ...
"Hello, can I fly a small drone today for 10 minutes around the tree in front of my house?"

Is the airport one with a control tower or is it a private airfield?

Better yet, lookup the airport in this directory on the AOPA site and contact the owner/ manager and let them know where you fly and find out from them if there would be any conflict.

AOPA Airports

I contacted the fields in my area and there is no problem with me flying. I did do my homework first and looked at aeronautical charts (a free download from the FAA) and determined their flight patterns for all wind directions(yes I went to ground school several years back). So they knew I was knowledgeable enough to respect their airspace (yes manned air traffic has the right of way and you must yield to it).

It is very true that for most areas the Breeze can’t even fly high enough to interfere with normal air traffic, but safer to follow the law than flaunt it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulrs