Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze slow spin while hovering

Reaction score
Over the weekend I was flying my Breeze and at one point as it was hovering it would slowly rotate to the right. Has anyone had a similar issue? I don’t know if it was the wind I calibrated at the location and my earlier flights were fine.

Reactions: mkirkrr
It sounds as if another compass calibration could solve the issue. Do another where you did a calibration previously and had no trouble and see if the problem goes away.

We’re you at a location you had not flown at before when you did a preflight calibration?

We’re you using the B/T controller to fly or just the phone?

We’re any large metal objects or high voltage power lines near you?

Reactions: scottk713
I had this happen on my 2nd Breeze. In a stable hover, then it started rotating, not real fast, but I was not doing it. I was about 4' off the ground. The GPS held it's position fine, I landed, and took that Breeze back to Walmart and got a new one. No questions ask. I have had 2 other Breezes with various issues, but only one with that problem. (The one I have not seems to work perfect, flying in the same location, and many other locations). I did the preflight calibration, there was no metal of any kind around - and I was too new to Drones to determine what the problem might be. As I recall, it did not happen every flight, and I flew in the same location each time - front yard, over grass.

Proceed slowly, do some testing - take off in a different spot, make sure the IRS can get a good initial fix (meaning there is a level surface and it's about 1" off the ground). By all means, stay below 6' for a while until you determine there is a problem or not.

Good luck.

It sounds as if another compass calibration could solve the issue. Do another where you did a calibration previously and had no trouble and see if the problem goes away.

We’re you at a location you had not flown at before when you did a preflight calibration?

We’re you using the B/T controller to fly or just the phone?

We’re any large metal objects or high voltage power lines near you?

I was using B/T controller and I calibrated it prior it happened to me one other time, it was weird I was on the beach and there was nothing around. Thanks for the help

I had this happen on my 2nd Breeze. In a stable hover, then it started rotating, not real fast, but I was not doing it. I was about 4' off the ground. The GPS held it's position fine, I landed, and took that Breeze back to Walmart and got a new one. No questions ask. I have had 2 other Breezes with various issues, but only one with that problem. (The one I have not seems to work perfect, flying in the same location, and many other locations). I did the preflight calibration, there was no metal of any kind around - and I was too new to Drones to determine what the problem might be. As I recall, it did not happen every flight, and I flew in the same location each time - front yard, over grass.

Proceed slowly, do some testing - take off in a different spot, make sure the IRS can get a good initial fix (meaning there is a level surface and it's about 1" off the ground). By all means, stay below 6' for a while until you determine there is a problem or not.

Good luck.

Thanks

scottk713,

Sorry for the late welcome, I missed you joining the forum.

Welcome to the YuneecPilots community!

We are a group that shares our knowledge of the hobby/business and welcome pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds. Please read the Community Rules found at the bottom of the webpage, and make use of the Forum Search (it is restricted to this forum) for any question you have before posting. Chances are that the answer is waiting for your question. That being said, please join in and share your experiences with the community.

We appreciate when new members make use of the Introduction area of the forum to tell us a little about themselves and their interests in multirotor aircraft.

I recently started having this same problem. I have flown my breeze over ten times now and then this started happening. I have calibrated the compass many times and there are no large metal objects around.

Please post a reply if you have a fix.

If your Breeze is still in the time period for exchange at the place of purchase that would be the best course of action. If not, then you should contact Yuneec Customer Support and have it repaired or replaced under warranty.

This sounds like a faulty compass to me, and you run the risk of a flyaway IMHO.

Last edited:
I had this happen one flight. The way these controllers work is they set their zero position based on stick location at startup. Therefore, if you turn the controller on while nudging an analog stick, you end up with a centered position reading as panning left/right.

Restarting the controller while centered solved it. If this is happening on multiple flights with you restarting the controller it may not help you though.

Did this problem exist without controller use?

My Breeze sometimes behaves similarly. You can see it in this movie. I wanted to fly vertically along the tower, but the drone automatically turned to the right. After making the correction, the drone stabilized the vertical flight. But when rotated 180' (0:35 second of the movie) when climbing, the drone automatically rotates again, this time to the left. (flight controlled by phone)

I had this happen one flight. The way these controllers work is they set their zero position based on stick location at startup. Therefore, if you turn the controller on while nudging an analog stick, you end up with a centered position reading as panning left/right.

Restarting the controller while centered solved it. If this is happening on multiple flights with you restarting the controller it may not help you though.

Did this problem exist without controller use?

Mine is slow spinning only with controller. Last week I used no problem. Any answer please how to fix this?

Give the sticks a good stir before powering on the controller and make sure they stay centered during power up. Since it is rotating, make sure you do that with the d-pad on the upper left also.

If you still get the spin after that, contact Yuneec for a replacement. Also reply to this thread. If Yuneec won’t replace it, I have ideas on correcting it, but it would void the warranty as it requires opening the controller.

I have also had that happen a couple times. MaxBTM & DoomMeister had a good tips - make sure everything is centered before powering up both. I've used the 'yaw trim' toggle on the controller (gently), the opposite toggle to the gimbal control. I believe this is item 07 in the controller manual pg3. In my case, I tap 07 to stop the slow rotation until we stop and I can then re-rotate back to 'camera facing me' with the regular yaw control. In most RC controllers, there are some trim controls, and I just assumed toggle-07 was that for yaw. Try that and see what happens.

The yaw on the d-pad left/right is just a secondary yaw control and is not a trim like on a lot of RC controllers.

Stirring the sticks helps eliminate oxidation on the potentiometers that can build up.

If your unit is out of the warranty period you can remove the screws on the back of the controller and there is one under the circular date code sticker in the middle of the controller. If you are in warranty and break that seal it will be voided at that point! After the 7 screws are removed you can remove the back cover. I advise carefully unplugging the battery for the next step. You should now have access to the potentiometers for the sticks. Use a “plastic safe” contact cleaner in short bursts while stirring the stick to clean the potentiometer assembly for each stick. Be sure to let it dry, then plug the battery back in, replace the back cover and install the screws.

E3475EB2-7E2D-4EF3-95C0-D68405BE08EB.jpeg
Remove the 7 screws.

F9A2DB51-DAD7-422B-9584-FC2CF01303B7.jpeg
Back cover removed and battery unplugged.

7CA1372C-00E2-45AD-97EA-C83F780F0733.jpeg
Right stick potentiometers- short bursts of cleaner at the black opening on the side and stir the stick between bursts.

A99FD5E5-B1AD-4211-8BBD-EF684A4452E4.jpeg
Left stick potentiometers. Use same method as for the right stick.

Hope this helps if you are out of the warranty period.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval